Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

they nead to recall all s600 for the abc suspantion
Great truck so far. I'm still waiting for the "runaway engine syndrome" to kick in...
Really fun car to drive. Maintenance isn't tough. at 140 000 miles, and going strong. Get the upgraded EGR valve (cheaper at the dealer than at auto parts stores) to solve that problem with rough idle. Also causing rough idle was a leaking intake manifold gasket. Clean the MAF occasionally with electrical contact cleaner, and had to set the valve lash at 120 000 (much quieter at startup at -20 now). Use a synthetic ATF like Mobil1 or AMSOIL (otherwise it needs to be changed frequently to keep from slipping). Ok, engine mounts had to be replaced, and a control arm (bad ball joint). replaced the steering rack, but that was due to an accident the car was previously in. Brakes - not happy with any aftermarkets apart from the OEM Akebono (anything else warps the rotors and leads to vibration). Even non-OEM drums caused me vibration. Original muffler (but had to replace the front exhaust pipe). Do yourself a favor and upgrade tire size to a +1, and enjoy the grip! Directional signal switch and radio needed electrical contacts cleaned to keep running. Alternator failed, and replaced. Oh - sudden one-time 'shake' at speed has been identified on a few sites as a turbine speed sensor - a $30 part taking 10 minutes to replace. A failing throttle position sensor will prevent trans shifting - hit 7000 rpm, changed the $40 sensor (from dealer) and all was good. Dealer also gives me a better price on belts and spark plugs than auto shops. Happy with car!
great car. cheap to run :)
Have had mine for a year and a half so far, and have issues with brake disc vibration, a cylinder valve failing (and the warantee replacement cylinder head was put on incorrectly damaging it- so have had the cylinder head changed twice) - drivebelt idler failure, timing belt tensioner and idler failure. Now the check engine light is on again with a check engine code for the throttle position sensor (2nd time for this code, first time they just cleaned the contacts - obviously not good enough - back to the dealer), and the rear passenger side rear brake is starting to lockup on hard breaking. camshaft pulleys are slightly skewed, so it is a bit noisy when cold (and this is the root cause for the timing idler failure). Mileage is ok - as long as you don't push it too hard, it is not too bad. Auto trans shifts cold can be rough/abrupt. Has been cheap so far as the only thing I have had to pay for is the drivebelt and brake pads/rotors (rest covered under warantee). I am hoping the major issues will come up under warantee - has been the case so far (only at 35 000 miles).
I bought my 540 July 2008 with only 47,000 miles on it. I also bought an extended warranty that more than paid for itself at 82,000 miles. I LOVE this car! At about 54,000 miles replaced the radiator (covered by warranty) and a hose. I have replaced brake pads and done oil changes myself. Power steering hose leaks a little due to clamps loosening up (no big deal). Steering became wobbly and clunky at around 70,000 miles and symptoms of intake manifold leak and valley pan gasket leaks also. At 60,000 miles the tranny was leaking slowly and needed a partial rebuild ($1700, covered by warranty). I just (at 82,000 miles) brought it into repair shop and warranty is covering the suspension parts (ball joints shot, control arm bad, tie rods and bushings need replacing) and the intake and valley pan gasket replacements. I really haven't had that many issues considering I live in mountains and have put on 34,000 miles in a year and a half, and the ones I have are the common problems. Good thing I bought the 36,000 mile extended warranty that covers gaskets and seals. This is my favorite car that I've owned..... hands down. I LOVE it!
I absolutely think this vehicle is a homerun. It is big enough to carry all kinds of stuff, small enough to be economical, tall enough to haul through all kinds of snow or rain. It just seems to be a good all around vehicle. We have had ours for seven years with only front brakes being done and regular oil changes.
4x4 with 28-30 MPG average for over 2 years...only thing fixed so far was replaced originial tires after 45k miles.
Not for trips. Overheats at the drop of a hat. Lots of issues that should be recalled. Was nice for the first year, though.
Have had this car for 19 years, and it is truly an amazing car. It needs a new clutch , but is worth the cost of repair.
I love my S430. I think the body styling as well as the sleek interior cannot be duplicated. It looks, both inside and out, more elegant than the new, more aggressive S series. It ages well, and with proper service and maintenance, it can be a dream to drive.
Have replaced both electric window motors, head gasket, intake manifold gasket, both drive shafts, rotors and brakes every 20K miles, front wheel bearings 2 or 3 times a year, ignition lockout replaced, needs a rack and pinion unit, needs front bushings, losing power oon acceleration (feels like trans is starting to slip) at 130,000 miles, hoping to make 200,000k.
Overall.....this little suv is a decent vehicle for those on a budget. Very dependable.
I Love this car, i bought my 1991 protege from the original owner about 31/2 years ago with only 60,000. I have not had any problems with the car just the normal stuff, tune ups, brakes, i replaced the horn but that is about it. I am now just replacing the water pump and thermostat but other than that the car is solid. This car can run for another 20 years because it only has 85,000
I bought this car with 26k miles on it. Having no idea what the previous driver treated the car, I am at almost 42k now and having to replace the serpentine belt. Also, the paint on the hood/front bumper chips and dings way too easily. Other than that, the car has great performance, excellent stopping power. When it's freshly washed/waxed, it does turn heads. People don't usually expect the kind of performance this car has, from a Saturn. Awesome car, I absolutely love it. And it's easy to work on yourself as well.
awesome car with upkeep. rides smooth. gas hog unfortunately.
having to many problems to list, just bought a 2001 s500 and Im angry! It drove good for a week and then everything went bad.
I Love my 4Runner! Actually getting 26mpg on the highway on a V-6!
I love this car. Just bought it from my mom who also loved it.
Bought this car new for my daughter in January 2003. Currently has 67,000 miles. Other than a half a dozen recalls (new model) the car has been very reliable. Pluses: The V-6 engine gets about 20 MPG in town and as much as 29 on trips. Handling, ride and acceleration are superb. Interior has held up well and is easy to clean. Car is very versatile with 60/40 folding rear seat and large trunk. Very good safety features for a 2003 model. Minuses: Have had to replace engine battery every three years and brake pads every 30K; primarily routine maintenance is all that has been required. Abrupt shifting between 1st and 2nd gear develop around 50K--required transmission software update to fix. Oil pan leak was repaired during 60,000-mile service. Center console LEDs have been erratic (also affected by the cold). Overall, a very good car with many more years of service planned.
Fantastic SUV. We bought ours used 6 months ago with 50,000 miles on it. Have driven it across the country and have had zero problems. Gas mileage is not great but that is to be expected with such a heavy vehicle.
Best pick up to have!!
bought used still ironing out kinks
overall love the vehicle...It definately is spacious,comfortable and easy driving!! I would definately purchase another Equinox.
Bought my Jetta with 26 miles on it - currently has more than 125,000 and running well. Only major work I've had done has been the catalytic converter and wheel bearings. The original brakes lasted over 80,000 miles. Wish I would have bought leather seats, but aside from that, it is a great car for me. (Also rather amusing to watch tall people attempt to cram into the back seat, but that's just an added bonus)
i just got my tracer its my 1st car i like it alot it runs good but i got to get a new head thats all it needs but it runs good
We have had our 2001 V70 T5 for 9 years and would buy another one. Our only complaint is that the heating system doesn't heat our feet satisfactorily.
Great running car at 256550 miles I still get 28mpg I've got my moneys worth. timing belt went last week with no warning so depending on repairs we will see if I will keep it. air conditioner needs to be replaced
My T6 has 160,000kms on the clock and has actually been very reliable.
i have 177k on my 2001 dodge intrepid 2.7 liter. no oil sluge just problems with struts, steering and noises like rattling at 1200 rpm from exhaust and popping/clucking noises when braking or steering or any kind of bump