Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

My 2006 GMC 1500 2wd only has 35000 on it So far I have had the Oil pan Gasket, itake manifold gasket, Waterpump. Idler pully, 2 fan switches.. Front rotors wore Bad Bad pads and the teperature4 switch I am going to switch to Ford
Buyers and owners beware.
love love love my truck
love this car however repeatedly replacing brakes, both front and rear, bought new, and at 82,000 miles had replaced rotors "6" times and pads "8" times (not exaggerating) headed towards the 9th set of pads. Dealer states normal wear and issue, My Lexus was fantastic on brakes, and wonderful resale value, which I know I will not have on this Caddy, but oh well wanted another Caddy, nothing like Caddys used to be and were, will most likely go back to foreign (Acura or Lexus) mainly for fantastic resale value and again up keep alot cheaper.
Absolutely stunning vehicle! I do have empathy for those who abuse or fail to properly maintain such an amazing vehicle but the only problem i've ever had with her is the Wiring Harnesses. All of which have been replaced recently at an expense of almost 10k. Once they work out that problem the car will be absolutely amazing!
These cars are amazing and mine is in immaculant condition having 142k miles and its a 1992 400E. They run and drive excellent and have low maintenance even for its age! Definitely recommend this auto
The body has stood the test of time as one of my favorites. I'm not a fan of the round body style currently used. The interior gets less than 5 stars because the drivers side seat is lop sided sloping towards the door. The passenger side front brake hose collapsed on me the first day I had the truck, causing the caliper to seize up. Fixed for less than $20, but still unexpected. The drive train for a 19 year old truck is very strong for a 2.3L and I would recommend this vehicle as a first driver for any parents with teen drivers. Be mindful of these areas I'm commenting on though. Electrical and lights hold up well but the temperature gauge never leaves cold. It does move but not much. The tach has also shown spikes from time to time, when the engine was at idle at a traffic light. The engine runs solid but the starter is very noisy upon engagement. I may just have a localized problem due to a recent clutch replacement. Always check all bolts and the direction of your flywheel. Exhaust and emissions are on the mark, I have driven behind this truck and smelled no fumes, seen no smoke. The heat doesn't get really hot, its just tolerable so that you don't freeze. The AC doesn't work at all due to Compressor lock up. Only $230 to replace components and get AC back online. Suspension at 137k has to be looked at. I replaced all 4 shocks and now have a solid ride on the interstate. Something to keep in mind. I hope this review helps others in their search for a second vehicle or their very first.
I have a 2001 corolla. I have had it for 6 years and it has been a wonderfull car up unttil now. It has 164,000 miles. It has been burning an about a quart of oil a week. The Toyota deadership has told me it is the block and another macanic says its the valves. Either way it will cost alot to fix. I have always stayed on top of oil changes. I thought I could get alot more out of it.
I bought a used 2002 explorer XLT with 68000 miles on it and now have 104000. In that 36000 miles driven, I've had to replace the 4x4module, 2 different bearings, a heater switch, replace wiring for power windows, and the grand finale; the FRIGGIN MOTOR!!!! Plus I've had issues with the 4x4 engaging when it shouldn't be. I hate this truck, but am now upside down with it, and can't get rid of it. My advice, DON'T BUY A FORD EXPLORER!!!
I get unsolicited comments from people on what a good looking car I have...why is that? I don't know but it is good looking and of course I would say that. I bought it for $3600 with 170,000 miles. It's one of the best driving cars I've ever owned and has all the right creature comforts. I hope it runs forever...the turbo is sweet and the Monsoon audio is better than my living room stereo. I prefer rear wheel drive but this vehicle handles well enough to feel comfortable in curves and at 85+ highway speeds. The A/C is great...can't say that for the heater which can take 5 miles of driving or more to warm up. I had the auto-door locking feature disabled and my life is much better for it. I would recommentd this car to anyone who likes well built cars and the luxury of a sculpted leather interior and superior performance.
This car runs like a dream great on gas nice interior very sporty good pick up and a smooth ride on the highway
this is the worst vehicle i ve ever bought and will not buy another kia
i have 98 to with 454 . the only thing with my truck is whan i give it to much gas it discharges for about 30 to 40 sec.
trans replaced @ 131k and rack and pinion a few months later. There is a major issue with the automatic temperature control system for the air conditioning. Other than that, it is a great car. Current mileage (as of April 2010) is 222k BTW It is in service as TAXI.
Hope a rock does not hit your a/c condenser because it will be a $600+ repair. It is not covered under warranty, although I am not the first nor the last person to ever encounter this problem..
nice car
love my Altima - very dependable
It's like the everyready battery! It keeps going and going! Had a Ford previously and it was a good solid car with more OOMPH than the Civic, but at 70K the interior hardware came apart and about every 30K the brakes needed work. Not this car, it is solid. I am at 120K and brakes after only one revamp are still good.
This has been a great truck with very little problems other than usual wear & tear. I have over 206,000 miles. The ride is stiff but it is a Pre-runner on a 4 wd chassis. the seats are uncomfortable for drives over an hour. The engine is a little underpowered for a 4 cylinder. Great gas milage with a/c on. Avg. 22mpg on hwy. Transmission will jump into neutral if if floor it on take off. Never have changed the timing chain. Change oil between 7500-10000 miles, using Castrol Synethic. Overall a great truck.
This has been a great low maintenance vehicle and a real workhorse. I have had absolutely no problems at all. The truck has 114,000 on it. I put synthetic lubricants in the engine, trans, and differential and expect it will go to 200,000 with a problem. The only downside to this truck is that it drives and handles like one. I am looking for another one for my daughter.
I've had my Protege5 for almost 8 years now and I still love driving it. Out of all the vehicles I've owned or driven, this car has the best handling. Over 113,000 mi., it still runs like new.
I bought this car second hand at 202 000km a year ago. It's my first Volvo and I just love it! No major problem just usual maintenance at this mileage: front wheel bearing (right), ball joint (right), tie rod end (left) and front axle (right). Other problem typical to this model was with the Climate Control Unit: after inspection I found it was bad solder on the "printed circuit board". I redone some solders and now it work perfectly (heat, fan speed and A/C)! I like the engine economy compare to other Volvo. I'm from Quebec, Canada
We bought our Quest GXE used in '02 on Ebay. Friends and family made fun of us. Turns out to have been one of the best vehicle decisions we've ever made. It has just developed a leak in the rear main seal, which is how I stumbled on this site; but overall, this van has toted our family trouble free to a lot of great memories over the years.
Fabulous car. I've had it ten years now and (besides break ins) never any trouble. A bit too slippery in fresh snow, but it corners like a train and stops on a dime. A flashlight deals well with the lack of a trunk or glovebox light. Wish I had a real spare instead of a doughnut. Now I am looking for the 60,000 mile service and replacing the timing belt. I love my car!
Purchased new in 2001. Currently has 120000 miles on it and is used as a daily driver. I have replaced three of the four window regulators and the rear air needed to be replaced. All in all a great vehicle with some minor repairs. Best vehicle for hauling kids I have ever owned.
I am very dissappointed. I'll never buy BMW again. My past cars and vans were Toyota and had no problem with them. With my BMW, the moment the 4 year warranty elapsed, all problems occur. Both front and rear brakes were replaced, clutch and flywheel replaced, window motors replaced. It cost me almost $10,000! Now, the airbag sign is always on and I'm scared to bring it to the dealer for repairs! I might get ripped offf again. It's not worth it to own a BMW-you are just paying for the brand. Quality wise, it's a complete failure!
great car
been good car for 5 years. has transmission rough shift right now. the heater/ac doors acted up a couple of times. battery conections need cleaning regularly.