Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I have been working on this nice looking and well appointed piece of junk for a year. Bought it used to tow boat and atrailer. Last summer, used once, wouldn't pull boat out of water running so poorly. Short of major overhaul, I have put fuel inj, elect repairs, emission crap at 50 bucks for a 25 cent piece of plastic. I love the looks, but its what is inside that counts. Beware, and get a gooood mechanic! Or like I do, I have a encyclopedia of stuff from the internet to fix things, most which were guesses. God, please help me pass the emission control...
CAR WAS GIVEN TO US BY MY WIFES GRANDPARENTS WHEN THEY COULDN'T DRIVE ANYMORE. THEY PURCHASED CAR NEW. BEEN A GREAT CAR EXCEPT FOR TWO TIMES I'VE HAD TO REPLACE INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKETS WHEN THE ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON. WAS A WARRANTY OR RECALL IF WITH IN WARRANTY PERIOD. CAR HAS 67,000 MILES 04/26/10.
I love my acura tl but imust say i bought this car from an auction at around 143,000 miles and ive had to change all the computers, replace fan, water pump, timing belt, battery and the starter
Interior parts become loose over time,brakes are sluggish, engine needs more power, we have done many things to fix this car over a 10 yr time span. Lots of money for the fixes !!
this car suck big time
I have a 1998 with a 350. It has a 3 inch body lift and 33" tires. She is a beauty. I love this truck, I bought it at 263,000 miles. It had a pretty good transmission leak, and had a miss in second gear. I promptly wrecked it about 5 months later and it was down for about a year. I had the frame straightened, replaced the hood and driver's side front quarter panel. The shocks are very stiff had almost no give when we wrecked, very hard on the back. But the wreck fixed whatever was wrong with the transmission, no more miss and just ever so tiny of a leak. I will never part with this truck. We have a fund we are saving for when the motor and transmission go out. This truck is my baby.
I have had a 2001 Escort for about three years now. I am a faithful chevy owner in most cases, but this car was bought for me. It has been a great little car, but I have had problems since it hit 130,000 miles. The alternator went out, Serpentine belt stretched, had to replace ac regulator, and a coil pack yesterday. But i will say, I have only spent about $900 on repairs and it has been a good little car. I could not believe how well it handles on snow and ice. My husband drives an 04 Cavalier, and his was impossible last winter, while mine just got around like a champ.
love this car more every day.
A German "muscle car", of sorts. Have had 2, and they are unbelievable fun.
Some problems with suspension when it get cold the truck won't raise up right away! I don't know what to do about that.
2000 model bought new in June 1999. As with all my Toyotas, this has been a great vehicle mechanically and I expect to have it many more years. It has only 64K miles (2010). Problems: Air flow sensors had to be replaced over a 1 year period. Much too soon for me. Hardware has fallen off, driver inside door handle broke for no apparent reason, the tailgate pull-down strap broke, and there are other hardware issues. It's indicative of cheaply designed and made pieces (plastic mostly) throughout the vehicle. You can't beat a Toyota mechanically. I also own a 1997 Avalon with 120K miles and have had virtually no problems, and owned a 1990 Camry that had 180K miles and ran perfectly when it was totaled. It burned no oil and aside from normal maintenance (brakes, etc.) only the alternator was replaced.
i love my toyota... i just got lucky with it.. i bought it for $1500 with only 81,000 miles. I have it now for 2 years and im so happy that i never had a problem with it. i dont care how many new cars they come up with i wont change my car for nothing...
Best 5 seater sedan ABC sport is the best suspension setting! Pilot Tyres wear - that's only issue with offset camber.
My mother's vehicle (serviced w/dealer)....144K miles later...here what has been repaired: Alternator x2@56K and 122K, transmission 70K, all 4 window regulators, climate control, Blower motor, blower motor resistor, rotors, tie rods, valve cover gaskets, water pump, coolant reservoir, idler pulley, power steering pump, battery cable, crankshaft position sensor, A/C compressor, Rank/pinion steering assembly, visors...This vehicle is poorly built with too many cheap parts!! This is why I myself drives Japanese!!
I have had electrical and engine problems with car costing over $3000 in repairs. Rear brakes need replaced every year and sometimes twice a year.
the right brake light fills with water, center trunk light never works, tires are pricey
i have had a car like that last me for 8 years with only the usual mainents
I have always loved toyota and did love this car until the last year. the check engine light kept going on and off. we took it in and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. We took it in again recently and learned that it has horrible compression in cylinder #4 and burns oil. it would be over $1000 to rebuild the engine. this car only has 139K, and we don't drive it aggressively and have had it serviced regularly. makes me a little hesitant to buy another toyota with very many miles.
30000 Miles most on the Highway. No problems with brakes. EX-L 5 speed Manual 4 cyl. Drives well, handles well. Don't like the lid on the power outlet in front of the Shifter. The outlet in the center console is useless if there is anything else in there. A clunk in the gas tank when it is full. But I love the car, good performance and reliable. Good gas mileage, I avg 27+mpg, 24 if I am in town a lot. Worth the money.
nice car. looking forward to seeing how it handles in the snow and ice. have to replace struts too soon though
Great Car
I purchased my 1990 190e 2.6L 6-cyl, with 176,000 on it in Royal Oak, MI from Karl Heinz Automotive, a private repair garage owned by a previous BMW-M-B mechanic who went out on his own years ago. From the records, it seems like the previous owner purchased the car about 10 years ago with 120K on it and had it as a 2nd car. Much had been repaired on the car including paint, the heater core and anything else that needed it when the time came. I was out of a job at the time (I came from the automotive business in the Detroit metro area- no surprises here) so the price the price was a godsend. The repair shop said "everything worked" which meant that it had the main things like the brakes, exhaust system., A/C, new Brillstein shocks, replaced recently and the head and valves had been done within the last two years. The previous owner had been a Tuskegee airman, now in his 90s, and I regret not having been able to meet him as the car was sold on consignment. The car needed tires and has a yet to be resolved problem with starting when warmed up and the tac rising to 2000 RPM, but it's been a pleasure to drive and my wife enjoys driving it as well. It's a classy old car and it treats us good, but I want to get the starting problem fixed before I destroy something beyond my ability to get repaired because of cost. I'll be back at work in a week or two and hope to catch up with the repairs. I love the car and if I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd get a new E-Class Cabriolet for the wife, but I'd gladly keep the 190 2.6 for me and enjoy fixing it up. H. H. Birmingham, MI
Terrible car bought it with 50,000 mikes have had nothing but problems it is a money pit at every level
I like the 1999 XK8's styling and performance. Had to have the tensioners and timing chains replaced. That was a little expensive($2500).
this car is in good condition check engine and maintenece light are on
Trunk space is almost nil when the top has been opened. Cup holders are in an awkward position on the back center of cockpit, the pasenger cup holder is more accesable to the driver, it opens from the center console. The air turbulence in the cockpit will blow out anything not nailed down. A windscreen is available but I do not have one. The pickup when merging with traffic is very quick. The car sits low and is harder for other drivers may not be aware of you. You have to drive with the attitude your on a motorcycle and be aware of everybody else. The response to the accelerator is like driving a motorcycle. It is a very, very fun car to drive. The handling is outstanding. Exiting the car your almost sitting on the ground and is a little work to get to the standing position. When the top is down visability is 360 degrees. When the top is up there are nominal blind spots.
Very reliable and nice to look at. Comfortable and quiet. The only problem I had with it was one of the back windows stopped going down. Quickly repaired by the dealer. Hasn't had a problem yet I've had it for a year and a half. I recommend it to anyone. Just if ur going to buy it used completely check and test it out before signing anything.
Brakes went out at 10,000 miles, Sterring rack went out at 15,000 miles, Water pump went out at 25,000 miles, What is left?
volvo with greartronic transmition are the worst serie of this car they not supost to instal japones transmition on this car
107k and runnin great thanks to the Mazda engine. Also not cramped like a civic. Nice arm room instead of being scrunched.