Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Overall, my experience with our 2004 subaru outback has been a poor one (purchased new). Quite frankly, I'm amazed they've maintained the reputation they're recognized for...In general, we've had continual electrical problems, from excessive light bulb burnout to poor speaker wiring and broken cd players. In addition, wear and tear components (i.e. stock tires, rotors, CV boots, etc.) fail far sooner than in other cars I've had (or have; Toyota and Dodge) under similar driving conditions. Other than the in convenience, it wasn't a problem until the car was out of warranty...in which case repair costs were absurdly expensive...and laughably required multiple visits to diagnose and repair (our AC is STILL not fixed!). I purchased this car largely for it's reputation as a reliable vehicle and therefore figured the occasional expensive repair was manageable...little did I know!! With all that said, the handling of this vehicle in all weather conditions is simply astounding (heavy rains, snow and ice...of course with a decent set of tires...not the junk stock Bridgestones). I would ONLY consider buying another subaru if I REGULARLY had to deal with heavy snows....
My transmission failed with no warning. Vehicle is in the shop as I type. It has 85,000 miles and up until then I had no problems.
I was told by my mechanic these 2.7L engines have two problems: Timing chains breaking (it is an interference engine) and there is an engineering problem concerning lubrication in the block. Either one can destroy this engine. Love the car but it's not one you are going to keep for a long time. Wish I hadn't bought it.
Amazing vehicle...not much more that needs to be said.
CONSTANT PROBLEMS.
My 1995 Crown Vic has problem with the power windows, they all started to have problems at the same time.
never stalled during the winter. very reliable!
I've had this car longer (5 yrs) than any other, and I plan on letting it nickel & dime me for another 5 years, instead of a new car payment. It's that good. It's smooth, quick, comfy, and has a plethora of extras. At least my GLS does, such as intermittent wipers that slow down automatically when you stop, sunroof that closes when car turns off, and doors that won't lock when you have the keys in the ignition. 115,000 miles and put only $500 into it; alternator, wheel bearings, and a brake caliper, all in the last 15,000 miles. It certainly stands up to it's warranty.
good
The sticker price doesn't match up to the reliability. I'm the only driver, car kept in garage. Both front leather seats and around the handle on the driver's side had to be repaired. Icon for lights keep coming on. Heating and AC have been on and off which has turned me very off. I bought it brand new to go into retirement!
Absolutely the best balance between economy and power.
first corolla ive owned and i love it
One of the nicest vehicles I have ever owned. I traded a 2006 Mercedes for this car and I don't regret it. So far, I can find nothing about this vehicle that I don't like. It rides nice, gets good mileage (I got the 4 banger), looks great insidea and out, and it has a great Satellite Radio. For the money, this is a great buy.
Great car and truly the ultimate driving machine. Not a car for the young or conservative. If you are planning a family or looking for a family sedan, get a 525 or 530! This car is a four door sports car with an amazing driving experience. Also save your money for repairs b/c it will cost for replacement parts and at the gas station!!!
Bought the car used in 2005 with 39000 miles. Read the owners manual and stayed with that maintenance program. Now have 62000 on it. I love the car it's a 3 liter Roadster & will perform when you ask it.
Reliable car, some problems with head lights, check engine light.
I just bought a 2003 STS and this car is the best car that I have ever owned.
nice car, its a very aggresive winter car, good for first car
2003 has 115,000 miles my door seals have came off, just replace front right wheel hub, very hard on brakes, gas is ok for a suv, when i role my windows down my headlights dem..parts for this veichale are exspensive love the spaceand how it looks but would not recommend this car
I hade a Mach 1 its the same with out the supercharger but I was only half a car length behind a 03 cobra on the 1/4 mile
I have a red 07 GT its my third mustang and I love it
The wife and I bought a 6cyl Escape with the tow package brand new in 2004. It has over 100,000 miles and still runs strong. Had to replace the brakes and a couple of batteries, but an all around decent vehicle. In Florida it gets HOT. The transmission and oil coolers keep it running cool and smooth. Safe decent gas mileage and dependable.
The 1993 Mercedes Benz 300D is the best car I've ever owned. Not only is it a fun, smooth ride, but the engine is practically immortal as long as you do routine checkups and quick fixes. The fuel efficiency is epic for an early 90's vehicle. I average about 30mpg driving like a maniac, and that's with some throttle problems as well. Also, mind you, the fact that you can use SVO and WVO to power this baby.
This is a outstanding SUV. I would buy another when I need to replace this one.
All in all I'm pleased with it, drives great and plenty of power for a large vehicle. Only real issue is with the Airconditioning, I have to have it recharged every year since new.
Hi Guys. I bought 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S with sunroof in 2007 October. The car is good but has given me alot of problems.. 50K the gearbox CVT gave up on me then the strut front kit. then the sunroof assembly was changed twice Speedometer has been changed once becus of faulty handbrake sing and its LED speedometer so u cant even change single bulb. The steering started making squeeking sound while turning, so the company changed steering rack. Basically if you ask me, the car when you hit gas, it sounds like a LOUD FOOD GRINDER because of the CVT transmission.. ONE SAME PITCH till car reaches 200km/hr. lol Also the interior they said it wood finished.. but when i recieved the car, i saw these little tiny places where wood finishing it, doors and little bit of dash.. and i was like "what the... thats all?!! " HONDA has better wood finishing from inside. Neways, i wouldnt buy Nissan Altima again... It has given be loads of problems...
Solid car.
Best car on the road. No matter how many controls and buttons lexus or audi or acura or any other "luxury" sports sedan manufacturer puts into their vehicles, nothing compares to the superb driving experience you get with a BMW 330xi. On the open road, or on a steep, windy, icy path up to the mountain, BMW's 330xi out performs any of my friends' rides.
beautiful car, head turner
Not what it should be. Over rated. Too costly for every little service. Floor mats are not good....they should be attached to the floor so they do not move. The AC is not very strong ( I live in Flporida) takes too long to cool the cab. I do not like the windshield wipers, with it auto wipe on rainy days. There are a lot more problems........... for the price ......it sucks.