Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I HAVE A 91 MY DAD GAVE ME, ALL IN ALL I RATE THIS LITTLE CAR WITH 4 - 5 STARS, OUT RAN MY 4CYND MUSTANG BY FAR. YOU TAKE CARE OF IT AND IT WILL GET YOU THERE AND BACK, PASSING NEW CAR AT TIMES ON FREEWAY.
I will NEVER buy a Volkswagen car again - this car has been the biggest financial burden of my life... I bought it used, I've had it for 6 years - it has 180,000 miles on it... it is absolutely worthless. I have a major repair on it every other month - each one costing at the very least $1000... the electrical system is completely screwed - lights and functions go out constantly. The tie rod ends wear out within months of replacing them. The plastic parts are literally falling off of my car and have been taped into place (lights, body, knobs, the sun roof)... It looks like a 30 year old car. I do not abuse the car, or treat it abnormally, I use it to drive to school and work... on the highway... I have it maintenanced regularly...
there is no excuse for a car to be literally falling apart before the owner's eyes within ten years of being made.
Completely pathetic ... I would never recommend that anyone waste their money on one of these Mexican built pieces of crap. German engineering my ass!!
I just bought a 97 geo metro, I love it! It's my lil purple people eater! :)
2005 Matrix ECM (computer) broke at 80K. It destroyed the transmission and blew one of the engine exhaust valves.Toy. corp. said "to bad your out of warranty". The costumer reps are kids in their 20s with no communication skills. Ride is bumpy, uncomfortable on long trips over 2 hours. Instrument panel takes 30 seconds to come on. Not good at night. Front tires wear very fast and uneven regardless of rotations. Nothing like my old Corolla that was made in Japan and gave me 12 years of service. Still ran good when I sold it. My Buick century also outlasted the Matrix.
1999 Buick Century, surprised me with ten years of comfortable ride. I had an engine gasket replacement and the clutch is slipping now at 115K. It actually looks like the trans fluid is overfilled , this may be the reason. I hope to run it to 160K miles or more. Also had the AC recharged ones. My stupid Toyota matrix at 97K blew an exhaust valve in one of the engine cylinders. Damn tyo. corp. said: "to bad your out of engine warranty" even so this was a direct result of an engine control malfunction for 5 yeras, which they replaced last year.
Bought this car brand new in 2002. Eight years later, still have it with no problem at all.
I took Delivery at the Corvette Museum March 08’. This car has been working flawlessly. Performance is beyond expectation. Fit and finish is very nice. I purchased the 4LT leather interior option .. Very nice. Getting great mileage and I don’t baby it, around 18 city/highway .. not bad for 436 horses.
I have a 09 ram laramie loaded with all options but ram box....installed a Flowmaster muffler,This truck is awsome AND LARRYMAN you should of got a laramie if you wanted more backseat room,they dont get any bigger than that yet,and no other truck makes as much rear room as the laramie version.i dont have a sunroof ,i opted for the video ent. sys. and i have the tow package also...52,000 dollars paid 31,000 for it @ 485 dollars a month beat that deal...lol its deepwater blue with light brown trim and grey leather...THE NEW DODGE RAM IS THE BADDEST TRUCK EVER DESIGHNED TO DATE...AND THE BADDEST TRUCK IN POWER...THE NEW CHEVY BOAST 409.HP..LMAO...MY BUDDIE DYNO HIS AND IT RATED 315 HP @ THE MOTOR,NOT THE WHEELS MINE WAS 416 HP WITH A FLOWMASTER AND A K&N filter....SO I WOULD SAY THE 390 HP WAS TRUE FROM DODGE ....SEE YA IN MY REVIEW MIRROR CHEVY AND FORD...SUCKAS
seat is wear very bad for only 18k miles. front door handles metal coating is peeling off. rear breaks need replaced at 18k miles? head lights are EXTREMELY hard to change. overall nice smooth ride. it is fun to drive and does have some power. i am able to bark he tires when i hit 30 mph when it shifts. I have no worries about having power to pass on the highway or a back country road. mpg are very misleading on the sticker in city i get 13.
This car is very reliable, I purchased it new in June 2005. The body style is still the same in 2010, so most cannot tell the difference between my 2004, and a 2010. My 525i is a great value. If you check newspapers and car lots, you will rairly see one for sale. They're keepers.
This car was trouble since the day I bought it used with 22,000 miles. It has been in the shop constantly and is now having the entire engine rebuilt! Cost running close to $10,000. I will never buy another V12 again only because the service techs rarely work on them and when they do, a NIGHTMARE! It has definitely affected my decision to NEVER buy a BMW again.
We hit a deer at 75 mph on the turnpike, the car was damaged to the tune of $8500.00 but no one was injured. we were sure the car was totaled, but no. after repair the car has worked perfectly for 3 years until a woman in her oversize SUV rammed into the driver's door knocking the front wheel assembly off the car. Once again no one was hurt and after repair the only problem we have had is the radiator hose had to be replaced last week. The brakes have been replaced once and it's time to replace them again, and now the shocks need replacing too. We have 70,000+ miles on this car we bought used with 12,000 miles on it. I think it's been a wonderful car, in ice and snow the all wheel drive is as good or better than my 4x4 pickup. The fact it has survived 2 crashes and no one was injured has impressed me, it still rides and drives like new just needs shocks to be perfect. It's a shame they stopped making these, i don't know what we'll do when it has to be replaced.
best car volvo EVER made - one of the best cars for the money of any brand !
i have owned three of them - will keep buying the 98 s90 as long as i can find clean ones - no need to get a different type car till then -
I have had this vehicle for 4 years and it has over 75K miles on it. Not a lick of problems and it still takes off like a bat-out-of-hell. It is my 3rd RX (first hybrid) and and I am sold on the value of these SUVs.
Bought car new in 1999. I now have 258K miles on it. No major problems ever. Basically, brakes, tires, and a few emission issues (o2 sensor, egr valve) However, I have never replaced the struts and it is beginning to show
I LIVE IN HAMPTON VIRGINIA AND IS LOOKING TO FIND AN REPAIR SHOP OR PERSON TO PUT AN NEW HEADGASKET ON MY CATERA THATS KEEP GIVING ME PROBLEMS. THIS CAR IS REALLY ALOT OF MONEY TO KEEP GOING. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY MY ENGINE LIGHT KEEP COMING ON AND THE ENGINE KEEP OVERHEATING
I just don't like the fact that such a big car is only available in rear trac and the problem with the suspension every time you are going to lift it up having to turn it off the rest is just great in this car
we had a 2004 santa fe and in nov. 2008 my wife was hit the left rear causing the sar to due a 360 in the air land on its right side and slide for 20 ft. hit the curb and right it self , the santa fe was totaled. she walk away from the crash with only a few bumbs and sarced as hell. (note) was wearing her seat belt !!!!!!. we know own a 2008 santa fe and love it.would recommend the santa fe to any one. jim warren lakeville,ma
Have a leaking water pump at 68K miles. Dealership says replacement will be almost $500. I bought a Toyota so I wouldn't have problems like this...until the car was at high miles or old. Disappointed. Also, my wheels are rusting under the cap.
This car has been a wonderful vehicle for my wife. She now has 73,000 miles on it with only routine maintanence.
Excellent car! As a musician, I need a lot of space to carry a 6 piece drum kit plus hardware, etc. The '06 Scion Xb was the only vehicle able to do this, give great gas mileage, good sound system and, with slight modifications (which is what it is built for) a little more horsepower. Not the 2.3 of the newer models, but a great car in its own right. A blast to own and drive!
Great Car. Quiet ride, 30mpg on the highway. The transmission went out at 28,000 miles though. All in all a great automobile!
My 1997 Land Cruiser is now thirteen years old ... it's in its pubescent stage ... tough on brake pads (every 30K) and always a gas hog averaging just 13.4 mpg around town, but I think its the best SUV going and going and going and going ...
I got my car with 38,000 on it. At 72,000 its had a radiator hose, belts, one wheel bearing, windshield spray pump, front and back rotors replaced(upgraded to cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads). Other than the spay pump thats mostly wear and tear parts. It has had no problems with the motor at all and I love this car. It looks as good as it drives.
My 2002 Insight is awesome but my mileage NOW is only 44/m/p/g-and it used to be like 53-It had 2 transmissions replaced and is currently experiencing the bucking/deceleration-main.light on-then oil light comes on but there's oil in the car.Why did the mileage drop? Does it need an altitude adjustment since I bought it in a sealevel state? I love my little rocket-ship and it's only got 103,000 miles-were you all out of it in 2002?
98 rl with 205,000 on it. I love the car but this is the third starter im putting in it. i heard theres supposed to be a bypass or something. if anyone knows tell me
I still have mine and very pleased. The only thing that I had problem, 2yrs ago. gave it gas and it felt like something was blocking the paddle, that's what it felt like, came to be there's a" rubber ring like" and it got hard durning winter,got it replaced and now no problems. Regular maint. and 48,000 miles plus and still going. Great for all my granddaughters.
Fantastic car - I wish that they still mede them or at least something comparable but they don't.
I just bought a 2002 Passport as my first car and I love it! Saves on gas better than other SUVs of that year do. I did have an issue with the brakes after almost a year, however my car was a hit and run victim. The damage ended in loosing the hitch. But now I dont have to listen to it hitting the underneath of my car!I love the way it drives, easy steering, and smooth ride. I would recomend this year and version of the Passport to anyone looking for a 4WD, starter car. I dont want to give my car up now, I have become attached to it.
i have had my 1999 stratus for 3 years.have 121000 mile an still going strong.no complaints just had to replace water pump an belts,other than that its been a good car.