Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I would urge potential buyers to stay away from the 2005 RL. Despite my vehicle being accident free I have had numerous issues with the steering column. It is still making noise even after being replaced. I have had the floor board replaced, the center console has been replaced and the plug adaptor replaced twice and it still does not function like it did new. Approaching 50,000 miles and my vehicle is having the transmission replaced three weeks after having the oxygen sensor replaced. I also had two light bulbs go out that were also replaced under warranty. I had to have two rear rotors replaced (not under warranty).
nice looking car with the chrome on it just make the car stand out and a lot of power i love this car
Would buy another in a second...great vehicle.....Gets about 17MPG overall with standard driving with V8
At 85000 had to replace front wheel bearing,at a cost of $356 Brakes replaced at 55000 on front$199 for the life of the car.There is a posibility that the rear Emergency brake pads may be bad,this will be checked out when the wheel bearing is replaced to cover all would be a cost of about $600 total
bought this car brand new for wife she loves it but is get old and worn down it has over 200k miles on it need to get around and do some work on it but it has been a great car the only problem is that it is black gets really hot inside when sun is out
my new toy is nice!!
rides like a truck
This is my third Explorer, and I've had it for 7 1/2 years now. It's the best one so far, the paint has stayed put, which was a problem for my frist one, and the AC hasn't had as many problems as my second one (although it is a weak point and I have had some repairs). Overall. a great car. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. Plus it looks great, classic body style, still proud to drive her.
228.000 Kilometer later it is as drumtight as it was 19 years ago.
The doorhandles are nailbrakers, but the structural integrity of the car
is rather unique.
It is very strong,cheap on gas sounds new just as bad as old, so don`t worry and it is cheap to fix
I've had my 98' regency brougham for about a year and it's the best car i've ever had, granted the others were beaters. the engine is a 3800 and it just glides when it gets up to speed. the interior is great if well taken care of except no cup holders but plenty of space for a middle console thing. The electrical has some problems but mainly because there's so much of it, the seats adjust electrically ( which is awesome if it works) the whole dash is electronic (speedometer, gauges, date/time, battery, fuel and a whole bunch of other ones)
the windows also seem to go out after a while. all in all though the important things are wonderful.

Over all good car. But the manual transmission doesnt go into reverse sometimes the first time I try putting it in first. Besides that awesome car.
my altima has 228k on it and runs near perfect too. the o nly problem is the transmission has a tendancy to shift hard when cold into second but other than that it still drives like a dream.
love the 7.3 diesel. steering system a little weak, never left me stranded. great tow vehicle, extremely comfortable
72000 my tranny went out. I will never buy Nissan again. I will fix it and trade it for a donkey. hard shifting and I feel as im going to fly out when my car jerks. NMNE-No more Nissan Ever.
I have a 1996 2500 454 with 192,000 on it. The biggest issue I have had is the front brake pads last about 30k tops. I do alot of towing, so some of the wear is to be expected. The only other issue I had was the distrbutor gear wearing out at 140k miles. The gas mileage on the HWY without towing is actually better than it was with my 5.7L 1500.
My 06 CRV a/c went out!
2706 to fix it at the dealer! Help.
Looks like a problem honda won't acknowledge.
Great vehicle love ford products!! Bought it with 12k mile now have 45k no problems at all. So much better than any japanese car. very solid
I had a 1999 bmw 740i i love that car, but i went with the e430 it only had 72000 miles on it when i get and it great, it love the open road,
V8 is great... has great gas milage.
I jokingly said I'm going to trade my Tacoma TRD for a Mercedes. I entered the lot and drove a 2007 E350 but it ran sluggishly so i passed as it seemed like it was running like a lemon. Found a sport package model with all the upgrades for $32,000 at a sister dealership. Test drove and purchased as it was an amazing car. Certified @20k miles, 2 years old, and over 50% off MSRP? How could I NOT buy it! I think certified is the way to go as I am loving this car more and more everyday and I have had it a year now. it is fast, agile, and looks classy. CD changer and stereo kind of suck if you like bumping systems you will need to drop a sub in the trunk and bounce it through the ski pass through. Every time I walk up I think damn this is a nice car then I get in with a smile because it's mine.
I HATE this truck!!! My husband has owned one since 2006 when he purchased it used and since then we have put about $4500 into it for repairs! All 4 window regulators broke ( of course in the middle of winter with the window stuck down about 3-4 days apart from each other!), the engine rattles really bad when you get up to about 35 mph and we were told that would be another $2500 to fix, the rear air conditioner doesn't work and makes a loud thumping noise the whole time you're driving, we spent $1500 last summer fixing the rear end because it was about to fall out, the transmission jumps real bad when it switches gears, and now the radiator is busted! I don't understand why it's such a piece of junk... When we bought it, it had 80,000 miles and now it has 112,000 which I don't think is too bad but this truck is nothing but a money pitt! It's terrible on gas mileage and with all the problems we have had out of it I would not recommend it to anyone! I used to own a 99 mercury cougar and it was a piece of crap too! I will never own another vehicle made by ford! Buyer beware if you buy a used 2002 ford explorer!
Purchased new with sport package and ride is too hard. It seemed fun at first but even small bumps feel and sound rough. Rear keeps wearing tires. Replaced rear tires at 13,000 and had alignment done. Next day a friend told me my wheels looked like they were leaning in at the top, I thought he was joking but I told him it's fine I just had it aligned for $180 and 2 new tires at $1,000! Guess what?, 5000 miles later rear tires worn on the inside and West German BMW said I must have hit a pot hole. BS! I am getting it aligned again at another dealer Saturday and I guess I will see where it goes. BMW Customer relations seems like they really do not care. Not the Ultimate driving experience and no cost maintenance I expected. There is a slight hesitation when I hit the gas, I guess that is the turbo lag that I read this car should not have.
I've had my 1999 4WD SLT Yukon since it was new from the dealer. I've had some issues over the 12 years. Replaced the air conditioning, fuel pump, water pump, power steering fluid hose, water intake manifold hose, breaks twice, serpentine belt twice. It's got 152,000 miles on it. I consider these fixes fairly normal. I would buy the same truck again.
purchased used at 9000 miles....other than normal maintainance common to all vehicles this saturn L100 has been amazingly reliable to this 244000 miles aprox 1 qt oil between 3000 mile changes....slight drop in acceleration but still a wonderful little car.....i'd do it all over again........
Nice looking car, sharp handling, precise steering with good feedback, short distance braking, nice interior, comfortable driving position, practical liftback trunk.

A little bit heavy, not so powerful below 2700 rpm.

Problems: Overheating & need new head gasket, AC not cold & need new compressor, electric antenna stuck.

Overall, it's the best Celica ever with good reliability.

The car has a stiff feel when you drive it. The steering wheel and car respond well to each other, but the connection feels stiff. The power of this 4 cylinder surprised me. It is fuel injected and has eight spark plugs to burn the fuel well. the interior material is cheap to say the least, and the dash is Spartan and has NO frills. I guess you might say it reminds you of cars of the past like the Nash Rambler. It could have been a great car, but Ford got cheap like all US manufacturers and stiffed buyers to the max. Too bad, this car is fun to drive and I like it anyway. I have the LX convertible.
87,000 miles.4Dr. 4cyl. The heater/ac blower motor has a squeak that drives me nuts, on low speed. Just had both front wheel bearings replaced - I got a Direct Tire that is really honest and charged me $503 for both installed. They were going to do all brakes, but told me they are fine for now. I read online that is COMMON for wheel bearings to go on Grand Ams made in the late 1990's thru 2005. Figures GM did not get it right for some 15 years. They stopped making this model in 2004, but did a limited run in 2005 for fleet owners like rentals, lease companies, and fleets for corporations. It is a very well liked car for that use. I like the car overall. Been good to it, it is good to me. The factory-sealed transmission scares me, sometimes I think it slips or mis-shifts. Can't check the tranny fluid, as it is sealed. It is supposed to outlast the car, or you need to replace it or find a rebuilt one - if you can. I consistently get 20 - 24 mph. mostly depending on the weather. worse mph in the winter.
I have a 2003 oddessey , very disappointed so far, tranny went out at around 90,000 miles, honda had no clue they have tranny troubles(bull sh-t) they wanted 4700.00 to fix . Engine is now leaking antifreeze, sliding doors have had their issues, fairly noisy inside. Now for the good, nice vehicle if it would of went 200,000 miles before all of these troubles, so much for hondas being so dependable.
35,000 miles, absolutely no problems on any kind! I've owned several Altimas and currently have a 2001 Maxima with 95,000 miles. No problems with any Nissan ever owned!
Have had my 2000 V70 for a little over 4 years now. Currently has 148k miles on the odo. Recently had to replace steering rack (cost me $129 for a remanufactured OEM rack and I installed it myself), but this has been the only semi-major repair the car has needed. Sway bar endlinks failed around 120k, very common and easy fix. Everything else has been general/scheduled maintenance. I am definitely not the slowest driver in the world and I enjoy a good spirited run every now and then, but I maintain my car religiously. FYI Denso Iridium spark plugs work great in these cars, better performance and economy than OEM plugs. Don't forget to service your transmission too, even though the manual says nothing about doing so it should be done every 30k miles or less. And this model year is pretty much the last one before they became all Ford, which is one of the reasons I picked a 2000 model. Has been a great car overall!

P.S. Don't use a Volvo dealer for repairs. Find a local repair shop that specializes in these cars and you will save a ton of money. Volvo dealers will tell you anything to get you to spend money.