Newest Reviews:
  • 2004 Ford Ranger This is a review of a 2004 XLT 4x4. With one big exception (for those who drive off-road or on rough gravel), this is a great pick-up. It runs well, drives good (except on studder bumps/washboard), handles just about anything you throw at it, is solid and dependable. For me the "fishtailing" was a huge concern -- since I drive on 35 miles of gravel on a daily basis. When the bed is unloaded, the truck is virtually impossible to handle when you drive across washboard. I know because this fishtailing action caused a roll-over. I was driving about 40-45 mph when I came across a section of dirt/gravel road which was rough (some people call it washboard, some studder bumps). The rear of the truck whipped around so quickly I couldn't make a correction....it felt as if a giant took ahold of the rear end and whipped it around; like the tailgate was trying to pass the hood. The truck slid into a ditch then rolled (from wheels to roof to wheels). Thankfully, I was belted in. The result is a tribute to the sturdy build of this little truck. The engine continued to run, all the lights worked (including dome -- even though the passenger side roof was crushed against the head rest) and the radio was still playing --- it was if nothing happened. I got my senses, retrieved all the stuff which flew out of the cab then drove on into work. Yes, after rolling this truck, I drove almost 40 miles to work. The truck didn't sputter, rattle, shake or shimmy....it continue to run great! The only "injury" I sustained was a tiny piece of glass in the top of my head.....no cuts or bruises! Amazing! Thank God. If you avoid washboard (or keep a couple hundred pounds in the bed), then you'll be happy with this pick-up. I highly recommend it.
  • 2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara MPG less than expected (lucky to get 19). Ad and salespeople tout this as a "true SUV". I must have a different idea as to a SUV -- because in my world a true SUV wouldn't have such big issues with dust/dirt (interior get COVERED). I travel over 35 miles of gravel road on a daily basis -- which was one reason for purchasing this "true SUV"; I needed a vehicle with all-wheel drive, decent ground clearance, good MPH (argh!!!), solid suspension and the ability to survive many miles of gravel and off-road use. The all-wheel drive system is AMAZING...it works!! I am very disappointed with the cars ability to seal out dust and dirt. The entire interior (especially the back compartment) gets COVERED with dust after each trip down the gravel. I tried and tried to have the dealer perform some type of fix...they had no resolution -- but, then again Suzuki had nothing either. They claimed it was due to the area in which I lived. Ahhhh....wrong. I had a 1993 Corolla with over 200k miles which didn't allow nearly as much dust in as the Grand Vitara. The standard Yokohama tires are junk....with less than 1,000 miles, two tires had non-repairable punctures; with less than 12,000 it become necessary to replace all four tires. My biggest complaints: the dust; poor MPG and terrible rotten lousy service from the dealer.
  • 2002 Buick Rendezvous I purchased my Rendezvous used for 3900.00. It had 165,000 miles on it. The only problems I have had is the window regulator on the passenger side went out, the back hatch will sometimes click when starting the car. When I purchased this car, the local Buick dealer called me to repair something with the hatch, a part that was recalled. Sence then is when I have started to have problems with the hatch. the latest thing is that it would not latch. I have had to leave it open, and my security system was flashing, makeing the windows, radio and door locks unusable. It was open for a night and now the battery is drained. wish me luck!!! I really love this car. Despite everything.
  • 2001 Audi A4 Quattro I just bought my 2001 A4 Audi Quattro and I am content with the car but th eonly thing that is troubling me is the Heater. Only cold air seems to come out of the vents even with the car being driven and started properly. It is very cold at the moment and I am suffering my having to dress extra layers of clothes just to drive my car.
  • 1991 Toyota MR2 Have owned my 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo now for about 2 years. Purchased the car with about 122,000 miles on it. I don't street race or anything like that, but I do drive it hard. I make sure my oil is changed about 200-250 miles before schedule always using Mobile1 20w50. I have had no major problems. The factory turbocharger still boosts very strong. I am at about 144,000 miles now and the clutch is beginning to slip. Also I have had to replace the water temperature sender for the gauge. Nothing major...especially for a turbocharged car that is 20 years old. It is a very stiff ride with limited interior space. This isn't a complaint of course...it is a mid-engine sports car. This car provides the most enjoyment I have ever had in a daily driven car.
  • 2000 Jaguar XJ8 I like the car alot, I have only one real problem with this vehicle and that is documentation or written vehicle support. Getting information about repair is harder than finding out military secrets. On the other side if you own a OBD2 checker and mantain your vehicle this vehicle will last you forever.
  • 1995 Mercury Cougar I bought this car for 1200 dollars. Has lasted two years + with very little repair. Have had to get A arm repaired twice. Just had to replace key assembly. I was even in an accident and it's still running well. The transmission has skipped since I've had it but I don't push the car much, yet I do drive a lot. I used to drive and hour to band practice and back 3 times a week, and I drive to NYC and Philly a lot. No problems.
  • 2005 Ford Mustang GT As soon as my car dropped out of warranty it basically fell apart. It's almost as if key components are designed to fail. If this car was brand new it would be replaced under the lemon law, but since it worked perfectly up until the warranty expired, I'm now stuck with a total POS. 27k miles - California owned car. It looks like its in perfect condition but its a perfect piece of poo.
  • 2006 Ford Expedition 1998 blus xlt- 4x4 had it since 99 was off a rental yard.(was in an accident) 2010 and has 320,000 miles 2 alternators 1 serptine belt-changed at 220,000 4 ignition coils changed plugs every 100k 1 front cv axle 2 maf sensors 1 driver door lock 1 driver side exhaust gasket 1 starter. 2 lower ball joints and a whole lot of fuel filters and syn oil This truck grew up with me..through my single days to the family days=) from spinning in circles, jumping curbs, big trails ...now to kids games church on Sundays and wifey to the mall and i still drive with a heavy foot and drive it like a truck. I love this truck but daddy wants a new toy but cant get the excuse to get one...guess old blue loves me too..
  • 1994 Volkswagen Jetta This car is a peice of crap! We bought this car used about 2 weeks ago and right as I write this it is in the shop being "fixed". We had the car for about 4 days when it left myself and my 7 week old son and my 4 year old son on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere in minus 35. When we first got the car we were excited b/c we always wanted a Diesel car. We even laughed about the ALL the electrical problems: 1. The heat only works on high. So it's off or full bore. 2. The heat only works if the headlights are on. 3. There are no low beams only high beams. 4. The only way to turn the headlights on is to pull the lowbeam/highbeam switch and jam a pen behind it. 5. Can only make left turns as the right turn signal lights don't work. 6. When making left turns if you turn on the signal light the pen falls out no there's no lights and no heat. 7.We have power window, not windows, WINDOW, but at least it's the drivers window. 8. Sometimes we can't get out of the car and have to repeatedly pull the handles very hard till it works. 9. Doesn't like to go into second gear. 10. Water pump failure is what left us on the road. That said for some reason we still love this little car, but we won't be taking it very far from home until we can have a VW dealership look at it. As it is we live 2 hours away from the nearest one so we'll wait until summer lol. Oh,and we live in Canada not LA but you need a Zip Code to fill this thing out. lol
  • 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Bad things, head lights are glazed over, turning radius is awful, tire wear seems to be bad, if you have the steel crome plated rims, they rust inside and have to be cleaned or the tires lose air, if the water pump needs replaced you better be ready to dig deep in the wallet. Good things, styling, reliable, body has no rust and clear coat hasn't faded, engine has plenty of pep.
  • 1993 Mazda Protege I bought this car many yaers ago when it it had 120,000 miles on it. It has over 250,000 now. Problems I have had all seem to be the norm, struts, brakes, tie rod ends, CV joints, etc. Over all this has been a very reliable car. No auto transmission issues, engine still runs good, not as strong anymore I'm sure the compression is low, interior when cleaned looks very good. The body has just started to get a couple of rust spots. If my daughter wouldn't have ran it into a guard rail and crushed the front end I would think of getting the engine rebuilt and drive it for another 150,000 miles.
  • 2005 Chevrolet Aveo This was the first vehicle I bought without anyone cosigning and I have found it to be a great vehicle. A few hiccupps in the beginning from a flaw in my engine, but otherwise the vehicle has been great. I have taken it on long distances as well as short city hops. I have only seven months left on it and I only ran into my first problem, had to replace my serpentine belt and Tensionor pulley, of which I was able to repair on my own. I do highly reccommend this vehicle to a new driver and to first time car buyers. It is reliable and excellent on fuel.
  • 1991 Toyota Camry Reason I rated exhaust low is the prices of the parts. They seem to be higher than most. I bought the car from a friend for $300. Front left bearing was shot, replaced it for $25. The cat converter is clogged, $400 for a new one and the flex pipe is shot $194 for one of those. Other than that the cars runs fine and suspention is in good condition. Not bad for a car this old and with 200,000 miles on it.
  • 1997 Plymouth Neon This was my first car. Very good car until the head gasket decides to blow on you. I think after 1999 they did some improvments to the Neon but from 1995 to 1999, BEWARE!!!! These cars are in the junk yard for a reason. I really liked this car but the Head Gasket the big issue. Other than that This car is perfect.
  • 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser I purchased the car new in 2006. Nothing on this car has given me troubles exept the A/C. The senser on top of the condenser went bad which I hear is common for Chrysler. I replaced the senser and the A/C is like new agian. The Gas mileage is terrible to be such a small car. I feel these cars would have been more popular if the gas mileage was better. on the highway I'd get around 340 miles on a tank which is not bad but in stop and go traffic, I might get 240 or less. Other than that car is great.
  • 1993 Honda Civic del Sol The car has been trouble free.Easy to work on for normal maintenance.If i had to do a major repair i would be able to do it myself,the car is not loaded with a bunch of computer junk and anyone that took auto shop could fix it.Get a good repair manual and give it a try,why get robbed by a mechanic.
  • 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe My wife drives our 2002 Sante Fe (2.7V6) and has over 120,000 miles on it and she gets 26MPG. We did have the crankshaft sensor replaced under warranty. The drivers window glass fell down inside the door last year, as the bolts came loose (My wife smokes and uses the drivers window drivers window alot). After removing the interior door panel and reinstalling the bolts with Loctite it was no problem to fix. I change her engine oil and oil filter every 3,000 miles and the air filter every 18,000 miles . She had all fluids and timimg belt changed at 70,000 miles. The driving light bulb's are a pain in the butt to change. I do agree with hondo that the rear three spark plug's are a pain to change. Other than that this has been a great car own..
  • 2007 Hyundai Sonata I purchased a 2007 Sanata v6 a couple of years ago, the dealership did mnot reaveal all of the info to me. I traded n a 2005 black pt cruiser convertable with turbo, it was a better vehucle, than hat I purchased, and cleaner. The Sanata only had 22,000 miles when I purchased it, and looked as though It had more miles on it, dont purchase from a drdealer in Christiansburg Virginia.
  • 2003 Dodge Dakota Had this truck for 3 years now. Very well maintained since new. Had no issues until just recently, at only 88k miles, the head gasket blew. After fixing, I decided to sell & buy a Toyota.
  • 1993 Infiniti J30 Great car. Feels very well built and has great fit and finish. Mine has 130k miles & it runs and drives well. They require timing belt replacements every 60-90k miles. Some electrical bugs, nothing serious. The only gripe I have is the not so great fuel economy.
  • 2002 Chevrolet Malibu Love this car, bought it brand new and (knock on wood) have only had minor repairs. Not too great in the snow, it tends to skid and have trouble on turns. But the rest of the time it's a joy to drive, handles well, really good power, especially on the highway. Don't know if I should be using a higher grade gas in the summer but it sometimes drags with the AC on. The interior is in great shape and has a ton of storage space and room for gadgets.
  • 2008 Chevrolet Aveo My family & friends call this the Gumball car because it looks like it came out of a gumball machine. It's a fair assessment too. I haven't had this car 2 years and already it's been in the shop 5 times (4 times more than the car I traded in which was 11 years old). There have been 3 total alignments with new tires(the dealer mechanic swears there is no structural reason for this to be necessary so often), a reprogramming of the computer so the tire pressure light wouldn't be on all of the time, and the latest being the check engine light staying on (don't know the results yet). I purchased this car because it was supposed to be fuel efficient (my old car was better), it was a good price for a small car and made by a brand I believed was trustworthy. My inexpensive car has now cost me well over $4000 in repairs and it's not even paid for. This is overall the absolute worst vehicle I have had the displeasure of owning and I will never buy another chevy because of it. I would not recommend this model to anything short of my worst enemy (and then it's still iffy).
  • 1997 Lincoln Town Car i purchaced this car from a bank in 2003, it had 200,000 mile on it, i figured it may last for the year, but to my surprise it now has well over 500,000 on it today , the speedometer quit working at 450,000 and only works from time to time..but as far as the motor , it is unbelieveable..i have not even replaced the sparkplugs since i bought the car..the only trouble i have ever had where the front ball joints, your best bet is to replace them as soon as you can with some that have fittings for grease..the original ones do not have grease fittings..only other thing was to replace the a/c compressor 4 years ago..the strongest car i have ever owned..i have owned plenty this can is now being used 120 miles a day as a rural mail delivery car by my wife..she tears up tires and doors..but it keeps on kicking like you would not believe..if you find a good one, you will love it to no end..oh also i took out the air ride in the rear and had heavy duty springs put on the car as well as air shocks..i have pulled 16 foot trailers with a welded on hitch full of watermellons..wow what a cab baby..i love it
  • 2002 Buick Century Bought this well maintained car (all service records present at the time of sale) with 69,000 miles on it in a private sale from the original owner in 2006. It has been virtually trouble free to 125,000 miles. I just had 120,000 mile service done which included draining and flushing the transmission. Watch out for high prices here. Big variance from 100 bucks to near 300 bucks .... check your local GM dealerships and ask what they are charging by make and model year. There is a difference between "drain" and "drain and flush." Parts prices vary widely. I've heard comments from don't need the drain and flush to yes you do .... I tend to think it should be done, especially if fluid is not bright red (mine wasn't .... dull but not brown) b/c I drive cars to 250K, have been very particular about doing the recommended maintenance and it has served me well. Just use this site to get a good idea of costs and then compare prices and go where you can get a good price and reputable service. I can recommend this car as a very good value if you can find a 2002 Century Custom with less than 110,000 on it. After 2002, GM dropped some of the features on this body style and had some other engineering changes that make the 2003 and on versions less desireable.
  • 1991 Toyota Corolla My car is ok so far its just that every time i turn around i have to put money into this car
  • 2002 Acura MDX Love this car, I will keep it till it runs into the ground
  • 2002 Volkswagen Passat W8 This would be the perfect car, except for the cost of maintenance and repairs. Typical shops don't have the specific VW tools and shy from them, so it's pretty much back to the dealer. The 4-motion is amazing - if traction begins to break pushing hard in a curve, just give it more gas and feel it grab. Very smooth & comfortable, & very strong. I would drive this car to Hell and back and enjoy it all.
  • 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty I love this truck. I now have over 400,000 miles on my '01 Superduty Diesel and it has never failed me. Power is still great and fuel mileage with the power chip is around 20 if I stay below 65mph. I did have to have the guts replaced in the Auto Trans at about 150k. I've replaced the alternators (ambulance package so there are two) a starter and the neutral sensor along with normal maintenance and that is it. Can't buy a new one cause this one won't stop running. I may wear out the seat before anything else.
  • 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue I got my 99 Intrigue with 175,000 miles on it. It now has 234,000. It has its hiccups, window reg went out twice driver side, the turn signals ( to many times to count ), and now its the low pressure power steering hose, and blower fan for the ac/heat. I got the car about 4 years ago, put it through hell, and it keeps on going.