Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Bought 2003 Corolla CE that had 90K miles in 2006 for only $7600, and our family put on another 100K miles in 9 years (total 191K miles). Engine and transmission has been solid with zero issues. Basically, I did the typical maintenance (oil, trans, tires, brakes, filters, etc.) and it is such a reliable car. However, the only problem is I thought I save few bucks by changing oil every 5000 miles instead of 3000, and I think that caused my catalytic convert / O2 sensors to go bad. Dealer wants $1600 to replace them, but cars too old to spend that much money. So I'm looking to sell it as is or just get $100 after market catalytic converter and have someone cut out the old one and weld the new on back on. And I can replace the O2 sensors myself. This will only cost me about $400 total. Even with the check engine light on, the car starts and runs reliably. Some noticeable interior quality issues were things like both front door inside plastic lining by the window base have lifted up, and some sidewall carpets have come off, and center dash door wouldn't close and eventually fell off, But these are minor cosmetic issues for a car that's 12 years old. Overall, I got every penny (and then some) out of this $7600 car over 9 years and change. FYI...this is 6th Toyota (Camry and Corolla) that we've had, and nearly all of them have been (boring to drive but) superbly reliable car to own. If you are value minded car owner, then Corollas and Camrys should be top contenders in your decision.
I got stuck buying from Dons used cars. He is a buy here pay here dealer. It is a 2004 Kia Optima and i was in a rush as they just done detailing the vehicle. So after i got the car home and checked KBB i found out he was charging me 4K over the book value! $7K for a vehicle with 166K miles on it! And its starting to break down! I put 4 new tires on it and that's all im going to do! Sometimes I get into it and she cranks up and stalls out?? Stay away from this guy! I ever asked if they could help me fix the problem and they said NO! Only good thing about this vehicle is the gas mileage! Nuf Said!
Truck has 30,000 miles. Rides/Runs great.4.0 liter strong and gets as good mileage as my toyota 2.7 liter. I use synthetic oil only. I haven't heard any unusual noise from timing chain area but I will pay special attention to this area
THIS IS THE FIRST VEHICLE I EVER PURCHASED ON MY OWN. I BOUGHT IT USED IN 2009 AND IT WAS THE WORST INVESTMENT I EVER MADE IN MY LIFE. IN THE SIX YEARS I'VE OWNED IT THE BRAKES HAVE BEEN REPLACED ABOUT 7 TIMES. THE 6 DISC CHANGER STOPPED WORKIN AFTER ABOUT 3 YEARS, THE A/C SYSTEM IS CONFUSING AND EVERYTIME IT RAINS THE ENGINE STALLS AND I CAN'T DRIVE IF FOR AT LEAST 8 HRS! AND DON'T LET ME GET ON MY SOAPBOX ABOUT THE TRANSMISSION SYSTEM. MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A TOYOTA!!!!!
Awesome car!!! Bought it with 85,000 miles on it in 2006 and now have 322,000 miles on it and aside from scheduled timing belt replacements it has, basically, been only brakes, wipers, a couple of headlights and tires, It has all original equipment except radiator as my mechanic saw some bits of rust so I just had him replace it. Original alternator, ignition, transmission, steering etc. Have used Plus (87) gas and every 3 months treat it to a premium (93) and it runs great. I put about 25k per year on it and looking forward to 400k in about 3 years or so. Great car!
2007 Subaru never gave me problems until the check engine light came on and cruise control light was flashing. I have 120,000 miles and now was told to replace timing belt, head gasket and fuel tank and straps which cost me over $4,000. I don't understand why everything is failing and I don't think I am done yet. Always brought into dealership for maintenance and none of this was identified prior to this mileage.
I just purchased a 2002 Accord EX (4cyl Auto w/163000miles) from my sister last month. She purchased it new and had all service done at the dealer. She kept meticulous records in a binder on everything she had done to the car. Was I impressed. For the price I couldn't pass it up for a 2nd bang around car. Jury is still out on reliability, but so far it runs like a champ. If the tranny goes south, I'll just get out from under it. I have nothing to loose. Who knows I just may fix it.
Purchased a 2001 540I 6sp Manual w/Sports Suspension in 09. Car had 128,000. It now has 191,000. It's the 2nd best car I've ever owned. My best was an 89 BMW 535I 5 speed manual. The car is a blast to drive. Would NEVER own a BMW without a true manual transmission. Corners like a dream and the ride is as smooth as silk. It's the closest thing to owning an M5. The only difference is the 100 extra horses under the hood. This car has all the power you'll ever need. Since owning I've installed Bilsteins, front & rear suspension components, and had the timing chain guides done. At 150K if you do not replace the timing chain guides on a 4liter V-8, you might as well be playing "Russian Roulette". It's the one fatal flaw with with this particular engine. If the plastic guide fails and the timing chain skips a tooth, kiss the car goodbye. Also pay attention to the cooling system. It's a wise idea to replace the water pump w/a metal impeller. Why BMW continues to use plastic ones is beyond my comprehension. A new radiator, expansion tank & hoses are also recommended. Since the days of my old 72 Bavaria, BMW has always had issues with cooling. Besides these idiosyncrasies the car is top notch.
I understand that this car has a reoccuring problem with Seat belt pretensioner. Fixing it only last months. Isn't there a recall...who do I contact over this. I will not fix this again. Pull fuse and drive. Total disreguard for safety. Good job,Ford!
I have owned my Bronco for ten years,I am a woman. So ,I did get my oil changes regularly and have had to do the usual repairs , you know when something small goes, or brakes ,some front end work.I love this Truck it has always been reliable and I don't care about the mileage because of the safety part and getting through the snow. I am 5 feet tall 64 years old and I have a stool for when ever I need to check anything. Yes it is funny to see but I am safe. I want another one,mine has over 300,000 miles and the only thing wrong with it is the body is rusting off of it. The non Ford people or men keep telling me I should not and I am having a hard time finding one but I hope to find one soon,before snow.
Just purchased the car used with 90,000 miles and it looked very well taken care of but noticed some oil on the engine. I mentioned it to the salesman and he had a B.S. excuse but I already see more oil. Then I came here and saw all of the leaking oil issues. I am still in warranty so hope I can get it fixed. I really like the car except for that issue.
I too love my Saab!!! I bought it in Feb of 14 & I've had to do some work on it. But like the other reviewer I too Google DIY projects, order my own parts & then tell the mechanic what to do. I can also always call Saab USA and their mechanics will help me as well Advanced Auto will help with diagnostics and using their own OBDII lets me know what codes are being thrown, if any and how to handle that problem. But even through all the work I still love that car! I feel safe it handles like nothing I've ever had before. Acceleration at 80 mph is sublime! Roll back the convertible top feel the sun on ur face, another beautiful moment. That is y we love our cars ... Till the next problem that needs to b solved!!!!
I wanted to love this car. I purchased it 2/15, the last 8 months have been hell. Replaced tie rods, struts, front brakes 4 times, yes I said 4 times. 2 sets of tires. The gas tank has read full since I bought it. Replaced filler neck, back brakes.. I'm sure I'm forgetting more.. now my wire harness was damaged when my mechanic replaced the struts, and my windshield wiper bar was rubbing against the harness, cutting half of them, causing fuses to blow, car wouldn't start. Now the security light is on, everything is locked. Windows won't go up or down, power locks won't work, can't open the hatch. The radio is locked, and the dashboard will not light up when I turn the lights on. Was sad to see the KBB on this is $1500.. I have put at least triple that into it. I give up at this point. I have tried the turn over the key for 10 minutes, 3 times.. called Pontiac, said I would have to take it to dealership, for $100 they will unlock it. I guarantee they try to tell me I have to replace the BCM. Or ignition switch, I'm sure will be a whole lot more.. anyway.. might just have an electrical fire soon..
I have a 2006 Dodge Grand caravan the. Light won't work I have try every thing you can do .can't drive it because. No lights nothing works any body know what to do car dealers won't to much money to fix and.they said not sure they can fix it any one let me know .thanks
I have just bought a 2007 G6 GTP 4dr Sedan with the 3.6 VVT engine and 56,000 miles. This is my second G6, previous was a 3.5-V6 SE traded after 110,000 miles. Love the looks, ride and handling of this car. I'm a Brit and this car is as close to Euro cars as you'll get from this side of the pond. Performance is right up there with my 3-liter Jag X-type (smaller car) space inside is better than my 2007 E-class Mercedes was. Plastics are mediocre, but then the car costs a fraction of both those Euro-motors. Worst thing about these G6's is the premature wear on the suspension (needing new control arms and shocks already), plus the knocking from the steering (common to both cars, not a safety concern, just annoying). This car cruises at 100+ without issue - smooth and quiet.
The "Panther platform" is a tough one. I purchased this vehicle as my "retirement car". Not so sure if it was a good choice now. It had 38K miles on it when purchased as a used rental. I like to do as many of my maintenance chores as I can. Shortly after I took delivery the trunk light warning wouldn't go off unless I shut the trunk lid numerous times. After that happened several times: the latch came apart and the lid would no longer stay shut. I purchased a new latch assembly from the dealership for $140.00. Replacement was an easy chore. St 40K miles the AC went out. The dash controller was the culprit. By the time I got thru getting jammed by Enterprise $350.00 for 2 days rental and $400.00 for the repair, plus lost time at work: I was out almost $1,000.00 because of inferior factory parts. Then I had problems with the interior lights. After trouble shooting it became obvious the LCM was defective because Ford used the cheapest relays they could get their hands on for the LCM. Now fuse #18 (interior lights) keeps blowing because of a possible short I can't track down. Getting automotive electrical problems fixed can be VERY expensive. I, honestly, don't know if this vehicle is worth it any more. With 59K miles on it: the leather on the driver side, seat cushion is already worn thru in one spot! The Ford version, Crown Vic, was popular for law enforcement. I figured it was a sound decision, at the time. They had loads of them in the service department every time I went there. What I learned, too late, was they were not there for routine maintenance, but for electrical problems. The sheriffs department jumped ship from Ford and has gone with General Motors when the Crown Vic was discontinued. The Police department went with the Taurus and the officers HATE it because it's hard to get out of the vehicle because the door opening is much smaller than the Crown Vic. I should have gone with Toyota or Subaru.
I had my truck since March of this year and last month it just stopped running it would start but won't stay started I had it to six different shops look at it nobody knows why it won't stay running and I don't either its a V8 1999 mountaineer at my last end I don't want to give it up but don't know what else to do
I bought the 2004 rainier 4.2 cxl new off the showroom floor. This has been the best suv I have ever owned. It has 173,000 miles. Repairs have been normal. 1 water pump and thermostat. 1 set of sparkplugs. Replaced air filter, fuel filter and had tranny fluid changed every year. Replaced coolant every 2 years. Replaced belt at 100k miles. Recently the speedometer started sticking. Dealer wanted $650 to replace the instrument cluster. With a little research I found that the servo motor was bad for the speedometer. I found on ebay the kit to replace it with. It came with 4 servo motors, solder iron and sucker plus all new light bulbs for the circuit board for $24. It only took me 1 and a half hours to do the job. It is not difficult at all. Tire wear has been good, around 55k miles on a set. everything on the suv still works. I just bought a 2012 Cadillac srx with 20k miles on it . I can only hope it is as good as the Rainier has been. Still have the Rainier and running great. Dealer wanted me to trade it in on the caddy. Haha, no flipping way.
I have been in love with Audi's for a long, but unfortunately maintenance related issues have been burdensome.
I am driving 2007 Toyota Camry XLE and it has over hundred thousand miles. No big repairs, just regular oil change etc. I find out from a good Technician that if you are buying any Toyota or Lexus Cars try to buy a car which VIN Number starts from JTB.... because those cars are made and assembled in JAPAN. I had Toyota Corolla before this Camry with the same VIN number starting from JTB... and had more than Two hundred thousand miles, it was still running like a new horse until got into an accident and had to total that car. Toyota makes really good cars and they can run for ever if you maintain them well.. I love my 2007 Camry.
So glad I purchased extended warranty. Car has recently been glitchy ... can't gradually press accelerator and proceed ... there's a lag ... "is this car ever going to move?!" ... then it TAKES OFF! Makes in-city driving/suburban driving VERY difficult and not much fun, I must say. Highway driving, curvy roads, GREAT FUN and fantastic handling! But this engine lag from a stop is BS! It's at the dealer now and heard yesterday BMW has approved the replacement of both turbos. Will this help? I have no idea. But I'm about OVER IT! Already looking a new cars ... not BMWs. But nothing has met my high expectations in terms of comfort, amenities, and ride. The search will continue, but I'm hoping when I get my car back, this particular problem has been remedied!
I bought this car used 3 months ago with 70k original miles. It is beautiful, and rides and drives like a dream. It averages about 26mpg. I am very happy with it so far.
Bought this as a used car. It has been a nightmare of repairs, even parts that have been changed out they break again. Save your money and do not buy a used 325i.
Purchased as Starmark vehicle in low 20k mileage range. Repaired a number of issues the first year under warranty. Over the next six years I spent at least $7,000 fixing broken parts, components, leaks etc of all types and flavors. Loved the driving experience, smooth and quiet, but hated the poor quality of the car itself. I maintained the car religously and spared no expense when it came to maintenance, but its the component quality that sucks. Leave the Mercedes for people who need to prove they have the discretionary income to keep making car repairs. Buy a Honda, Toyota or Nissan for quality and reliability.
SO HAPPY WITH THIS CAR LOW MAINTENAINCE RUNS SO SMOOTH HAPPY WITH THE PRICE . GREAT . RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!!!!
front end suspension wear-out tires. cool morning low tire pressure light comes on. battery have early warning senor .
For the most part, I love my 2005 Buick Ranier but have been having issues with the drive train. I replaced a motor that shifts it in to AWD about 6-8 months ago and am having trouble with it again. It seems to be locked in 4WD. As long as I am driving forward, no turns, it is fine; however, when I make a turn L or R, especially a sharp turn, it jurks on the front wheel. The rear suspension is another issue. It won't hold air unless the vehicle is running.
I bought my 2008 Jeep Patriot in March 2008 brand new. I have has no major issues until 18 months ago; transmission needed to be replaced. Recently I have had major issues with water building up in the back seat floor area on the driver's side; took it to dealer for fixing as well as correct the 4WD light popping in, this is summer still; problem was thought to be fixed, but took it back to dealer after check engine light came on with the 4WD light and continued water, dealer paid full cost this last time as I said I was less than pleased. One week later and the car is back at the dealer for the check engine light, catalytic converter now needs to be replaced. I cannot really complain too much as I have over 250,000 miles and the car has taken be to Arizona and across Texas for a trip and I drive 120 miles round trip just for work not including any stops I may need to make. Wish the dealer noticed the catalytic converter before sending the car back home with me, overall a good car. I rarely ever rate something with the full stars unless I am truly impressed.
This car is great. As much as I love it, I have had several issues with it. I keep up with general maintenence, most of it is just wear and tear for being 15 model years. It has 50k miles on it and I have replaced the alternator, starter 2x, blower regulator, CV joint, and then transmission- which was probably due to sitting at the car lot for 2 years and not being ran. Then the replacement group I used shredded my negative cable when the shoved under the alternator fly wheel, causing numerous electrical issues. I have been fighting this car since day 1, but it runs great when it runs.
gas mi. 22 i,ve spent alot of money on up keep 176000 mi on it it runs great only had the car a month.