Newest Reviews:
  • 2002 Toyota Corolla I bought this car new in Dec. 2001. It has been totally reliable. Changed the oil as needed and followed the service manual until the warranty expired. Still change the oil as indicated. Have only had to do the usual services such as new battery, tires, a couple of light bulbs, and brake pads. I think there might have been a couple of minor warranty issues but all good. Has almost 120,000. Been a great car. Still looks great.
  • 2005 Toyota Matrix I bought my Matrix new in Jan. 2005. I have well over 200,000 miles on it and I've actually had very little trouble with it. On the downside, it seems like I have to have my brakes repaired a little more often then other cars that I've had, the air conditioning in my opinion is very poor, it doesn't keep it cool much at all in the front seat with the vents pointing right at me, I doubt it gets the back seat very cool. The gas mileage is decent, I don't notice having to put anymore tires on it that any other car I've had. The seats are comfortable and there is quite a bit of room in it. It's no cadilac, but I didn't expect it to be. It's been very reliable for me. I put a lot of miles on it in nine and a half years,and it's still going strong.
  • 2010 Ford Focus I have a 2010 Focus with about 45000 miles and the air conditioner when out. The ford services quoted app. $1900 to repair. Is anyone else experiencing problems with the air conditioner going out so early? Headlight had to be replaced at 40,000 miles. I bought the car brand new so I am the only driver. No accidents.
  • 2011 Hyundai Accent Bought a 2011 Accent brand new and have had to get coil changed 3 times now. I will never buy a Hyundai again this is costing me a fortune. I did all preventive maintenance and paid over $600 this month just in that. Of course the coils keep failing repeatedly after my warranty is up, and i have to pay $160 every time. I believe it is time to go back to Chevy
  • 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD I have the 6L gas engine and I have 79,000 miles on my Silverado and I really like this truck. I get compliments by many people and so far I did the brake pads twice I put in 2 new starters, had to replace the oil pump as well as the rear tailgate supports. The truck clanks now I think its the throw out bearing and it leaks small amounts of oil not sure from where and the transfer case leaks tranny fluid so I have to add fluid once a month or so and the blower only worked on 2 and from having to jiggle the wires for so long it melted the 2 wire clip so I have to hard wire it and only work on high That might be it but I still love this truck!! I get 10 mpg??
  • 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD The speaker have fallen apart on the passenger side in the door and the sound quality was poor from the start. The lights for the heater switch fail right after the warranty ran out. The first problem was the front wheel bearings they went bad within the first 20,000 thousand miles, shortly after the O2 sensors failed twice and were replaced under warranty.
  • 1999 BMW 540i I am absolutely enamored with this car. The headlights do not give enough light on low beams. The electric coils seem to go bad to often and are expensive to replace
  • 2010 Toyota Tacoma I have now owned 2 new Toyota products along with a newly purchased "Certified" Toyota Prius C. My purchase of the Prius came very, very prematurely. Right as Summer is upon us in the northeast my AC compressor decided to die at under 29,000 miles in my 2010 Tacoma. Of course 3 years has passed on my warranty but I was well under the 36,000 miles. It would have been at least $1900 before a hefty CT. sales tax to do the fix, and even then, who knows what else may have been at play. I could not see dumping that kind of money into a vehicle issue that should be covered by Toyota. The Sales Manager worked with me and got me into a pre-owned 2012 Prius with 47,000 miles on it. The trade was a wash and all I paid out of pocket was a doc fee, sales tax, reg/title and a pre-emptive platinum wrap warranty. I originally bought the Tacoma without even entertaining such an added expense, but now my confidence in Toyota is tarnished and I hope my latest car purchase will bring my confidence back into the fold. Had I had it fixed out of pocket or forgone the fix and gone to any other dealer or sold privately, I would be extremely unhappy with my losses. I feel like the dealership handled the situation as best they could and I feel I got a fair trade. At the end of the day, I know I will miss my truck and can only hope that the gas savings and new car settle my discontent.
  • 2000 Audi A4 have an audi 2000 a4 the rain water is pooling in the battery housing and then leaking into the drivers side floor area. the water then goes into the rear floor board. have had the car for several years and have had minimal problems but this new one is frustrating the crap out of me. where is the drain for this area??? any ideas??
  • 2004 Audi A4 have a 2000 a4, have been having trouble with the rain water pooling in the battery housing and leaking into the interior of the car. the drivers floor is soaked and then the water goes into the rear seat floor board. any ideas on how to fix problem? where is the drain for this area?? sooo very frustrating
  • 2000 Jeep Cherokee overheating changed cap last year worked fine need a radiator flush or drain due to age 150000 miles now flush may not be best considering age an miles
  • 2003 Dodge Ram Van 1500 LOVE my conversion van 114000 miles on it just recently however my dash lite said nobus aan it stopped dead REplaced ny battery recently it was third one in 1 month an finally van running until nobus lite have it at firestone will let you know results...
  • 2002 Chrysler Town & Country 140,000 miles and still dependable. I bought this one 6 years ago and have put over 60,000 miles on it. Only problems I have really had where brakes and rotors wearing quickly and having to recharge ac at least 2 to 3 times every summer. I have searched for leak and cannot find it. Other than that very reliable. It is the limited model.
  • 2012 Nissan Armada Our Armada has been a great vehicle until today when my wife was driving it to work and started hearing a clicking noise and then all of a sudden the back tires locked up and skidded, bringing her to a stop. She pulled off the freeway and the vehicle was not wanting to drive. She pulled into a gas station and waited for me to get there and discover that the emergency brake cable had somehow been pulled out and wrapped all the way around cv axle on left side and then pulled cv axle out. I have two other friends this has happened to their Armadas also. The dealer said they have never seen it before but I have talked to a few people who work for Nissan dealers and they say it is happening more and more, I believe it should be a recall for the design but they are acting as if it is a very rare situation. The dealership is now telling me it is not covered under warranty, even though I have 60,000 mile power train warranty it is not power train related they say. This is where my 100,000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty should kick in but they have to send an adjuster that cannot come out until Friday, today is Monday, so I am without a vehicle until they can make a decision if it should be covered. I guess with Tim Dahle Nissan out of Sandy, Utah they do not have to provide a loaner car until they decide if your vehicle is their responsibility to fix even though it is a Nissan warranty and they sold me the extended warranty directly through the dealership, good thing I spent the extra $6500.00 for nothing.
  • 2013 Kia Optima Great car exception gas millage isn't what they say at least not on my car 2013 optima ex average is about 18-22 mpg locally. thatsback on country roads. other then that great car. drives, handles great, excellent excellaration, very fast pickup , love the standard features although my has some s on a options, stops on a dime. rides smooth. would buy another instantly, would and have recommended to friends and family as well as others, traded a 2008 toyota camery in on by far out does the camery. very happly pleased.
  • 2002 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG I will never by a Mercedes Benz again. This car is a nightmare! It has one problem after the other! Can't wait to get rid of it! The ABC System is horrific! Never again! Moving on!
  • 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Bought my 2002 F-250 4X4 V-10 new. Now has 74,000 mi many of which were driven with a full sized Slide in Camper in the bed. In all these 12 years the one and only issue I've had is when the passenger door lock would not respond to the remote door lock signal. That is all. No leaks, no spark plug blow outs or seizing - (knock on wood)as some folks are having. I previously had a 1998 F-250 light duty (F-150 with extra leaf spring)which was junk, so having this truck be so trouble free makes me think is all about luck of the draw. No regrets.
  • 1995 Chevrolet Blazer Mine was the half year Guinnee Pig not to mention the 666 in the vin# have a wonderful mechanic that has manufactured a part to fix the egr problem that these vehicles had... new computer and tune up with genuine GM parts...rossary hanging from the rear view...lol
  • 2007 Toyota Corolla I bought this car new in 2007. I love this little car. It has been brilliant. Ultra reliable. I have just under 100k on the odometer and have only had a problem with the water pump. So, I spent 15k on a car, drove it for 6-7 years, and replaced a water pump for about $450. I call that a good deal. I hate the Toyota dealerships though.
  • 2006 Buick Rendezvous I bought my SUV used and really do like my car other than the issues we have had. . First we were experiencing the abs and traction control problems that others have noted when hitting bumps and turning and after replacing everything the mechanic told us to raise we found out the wire harness was bad on the wheel hub. So we replaced both wheel hubs abd sensors only to find out it was a cheap fix in the first place. The rear hatch will not open unless you have the mod to use. Sometimes when I stop and go to take off it jerks really hard like it wasn't in gear. The starter sticks or something because when I start it it continues to crank and then dies again so I sometimes have to start it a few times and give it some gas. I really do like the comfort of driving it and it does look really nice especially considering I work for a downtown law firm and am not embarrassed to park with the attorneys. I drive an hour and a half to work everyday and I enjoy driving it. It has a lot of power and the stereo system is wonderful!
  • 2005 Honda CR-V As of June 22nd 2014, and nearly 100,000 miles, my Honda started to show some signs of needing "TLC" to hopefully keep it going another 100,000 miles. The minor thing being a bad ground connection made my left turn signal act "possessed" since the circuit was trying to find a good ground. A bypass of the bad connection did the trick. The most major work that the CRV had, were alignments were so much out of spec, that a mechanic offered to add adjustable shims/camber/toe kits to bring the wheels into alignment. My tires were showing wear/tear indicating a severely negative camber. I decided to take the car to an actual Honda Dealership Mechanic for further consultation. It turns out that the aftermarket kits are just a short term "bandaid" so sorts that will get your wheels aligned, but doesn't address the real underlying issue of a worn out suspension. True, over the years I've used my Honda more like a truck,hauling bags of gravel, retaining wall brick etc, which probably should have been done with a regular truck. I decided to go for the more comprehensive option of replacing my springs/struts, which brought everything back into perfect alignment. The rear suspension job set me back over $2,000 but this car has served me well since I bought it new...so I didn't mind the expense. Now, time to shop for a new set of tires! I'd recommend Honda products...and will consider it in my shopping for my next car in the future.
  • 2005 Ford Five Hundred I am the proud owner of a 2005 Ford 500 with a CVT transmission and front wheel drive. This car has over 188,000 miles. I have owned it since it was new. It has consistently gotten 30mpg on trips and 26mpg in town. The only things I have done to it are change the oil (about every 9K to 12K miles), change the brakes, put new tires on it, replace the alternator (at 186,000), and once had to replace the left front tie rod. This car has been the best car I have ever owned in my entire life. It has pulled me through the snow in Colorado winters, kept me cool in Texas summers, and taken me all over the US. I hope it continues carrying me to at least 250,000 miles, but if it died tomorrow, I could not have asked more from a car. Ford made a great car with his one!
  • 1998 Ford Mustang GT Noisy car due to duel exhaust,no mufflers. Also, V-8 4.6l engine not good on gas (esp in winter). And rear-wheel drive must have snow tires in winter for northern states. They are not cheap,so, get warranty. Seatbelt also no good. Pretty good sound for radio, adjustable driver seat also nice. Not enough room for big guys.
  • 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Bad engine. Very expensive to fix at just 75,000 miles.
  • 1997 Toyota Camry I inherited this 1997 Camry LE 4cyl when my mom passed away a year and a half ago, at the time it had 190,000 miles on it, it now has 235,000 on it, I am the 4th owner, I change the oil every 5,000 miles, it has had the struts replaced, the exhaust cat included ( it was a north east car at the begining of it's life ) and the AC compressor, I use it to commute 60 miles one way to work, 75% highway, 25% city, i am averaging around 29MPG, very good car
  • 2007 Toyota Camry Just changed my rear disk pads, front pads and rotors for a total of about $170 worth of parts from NAPA using premier pads. The vehicle has 128K and that was the first time the rear pads were changed. The front pads had been changed only once. I changed the front rotors not because they were worn, but I think they were warped because you would get vibration when stopping. Runs like a top again. Terry
  • 2011 Buick Lucerne I like the car but the mileage really stinks, 18 mpg is not exactly my cup of tea, however, like I said, I like the car, now if only I can figure out the bluetooth telephone system in it, I'd be over. I've yet to find someone who has figured it out. I guess I'll have to try a GM repair store.
  • 1998 BMW 323is I loved this car. I kept it for 16 years and just traded it. It only had 153 thousand miles. The cost for repairs had gotten to expensive for the value of the car. The engine was still powerful and it is going to be a very good car for someone who does not mind putting some work into it. I am still emotionally attached to her but she served me well. I will miss her. LOL
  • 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 I have owned my dodge 1500 for over a year now. I bought it with 110,000 miles on it and it now has 156,000. The transmission had failed me but that was a known problem when I bought it. Since the rebuild it has been a strong reliable truck. It towed 1,000 lbs. of tools and my 1982 corvette from Minnesota down to Arizona no problem. The most frustrating problem is the plastic. Dash is cracked and the cup holders never worked all of the exterior plastic is faded badly. I can find a cup holder or dash that isn’t broken anywhere unless I buy new. All in all the truck is solid and for the price verses dependability it blows ford and Chevy out of the water. By the way I love having a full steal bed and body none of that fiberglass crap.
  • 2002 Chrysler Town & Country I purchased my '02 T&C EX in November, 2001. The only major problem I have had was rebuilding the transmission at about 90k miles. Now, June, 2014, and 126k+ miles, it is still going strong. I am having to replace the AC blower motor now, but, it still gets so cold it can run you out. There is a rattle that no one has been able to figure out (it sounds like the muffler to me, but, that has been checked) the electric doors have to be opened manually now and the headliner fell. Overall, I feel it has held up very well and is still a great vehicle.