Newest Reviews:
  • 2014 Nissan Versa Like my 2014 nissan versa-just right for 2 people. BUT the transmission makes a loud, short screeching thunk when started after being parked for 2 days or more. Happens every time. Anybody have same problem?
  • 2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty 328000 miles and still as strong as ever 5.4 triton v8 .Started using a little oil around 300000,but couldn't ask for a more dependable truck.
  • 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe I bought my 2010 Santa Fe brand new for my wife. We now have over 80,000 miles on it. The AWD feature and ABS is truly excellent for Alaskan icy roads and deep snow. This rig gets around when many other 4x4's will not. I have the V-6 engine which provides good power availability, and for the first year I got about 21 to 24 mpg on long highway trips. I now get an incredible 30 mpg on the long highway trips. The interior is well laid out and the rear lift hatch is all very functional and acceptable. Hyundai has a great 100,000 mile warranty on the drive-train which is a good thing. The rear CV mechanism made a very loud popping sound when the vehicle was 1 year old. Hyundai replaced it free. Eight months later it did the exact same thing and they once again replaced it free of charge. I have had no issues since then. Overall a very good vehicle with great turning radius, gas mileage and winter handling capabilities. I'd characterize the ride as only mediocre. The oil filter is a canister style and changing it is a rather clumsy and silly affair. I've recently had a disagreeable odor when using the AC, although AC isn't used too often here in Alaska. Brake pads were worn out at 75,000 miles. A good SUV for the price.
  • 2007 Toyota Yaris So I bought my car from carmax. Its a 2007 4 door sedan. I love this car. Its great on gas, its easy to drive and i feel safe driving it. This car is perfect for workers or students. I currently live in Azusa and I work 2 jobs, one job in Glendale and the other in Pasadena. Ive had my car a year now, and I haven't had to do anything but change the oil when needed. Ive also driven my car to Vegas and San Diego, and I didn't worry about gas. I recommend this type of car to any one. Even is your making payments, its not a lot of money out of pocket. I am glad to be driving a Toyota Yaris.
  • 2008 Chrysler Pacifica Allow me to first say that I purchased my Chrysler Pacifica off the show floor on October 11, 2008 and I LOVE MY CAR! I have 2 more payments to go before I get the title! On August 10, 2014, I was going to see a movie and, although my car started, I couldn't put the car in reverse because it was stuck in PARK. I had just driven it the day before and it was great, as per usual. I called a local tow shop and they took the car to Orange Park Chrysler, Jeep dealership. They have had my car for over 2 weeks now and they still don't have the part that they need. I think this is ludicrous and absurd! I have purchased 3 cars from Chrysler and have been very happy with your company. I AM N O T HAPPY, NOW! I am PISSED and ANNOYED! I can't believe that this is happening! I will tell everyone I know and new people I meet NOT to buy a Chrsyler because they don't know they are doing when it comes to PARTS! The service rep. is nice but I get the same SAD story everyday! "No, it's not here and give us three more days!" I'm sure you couldn't care less about my story, but I DO and I believe you will lose me as a loyal customer, if this is not rectified immediately. This is crazy! shellisolo1962@hotmail.com
  • 2014 Volkswagen Passat Although it may be premature- the pure fun to drive experience is incredible!! The milage is awesome- torque is great on takeoff ( I have wondered if printed times are correct- seems faster). I really enjoy the center MFI between 2 analog gauges. We chose a diesel over a hybrid to NOT have to baby it to return mpgs. The DSG works differently in sport mode- worth a try
  • 1996 Infiniti I30 I bought my I 30 in 2010 believe me when I say it had 21,000 miles on it. I now have 69 k and nothing is wrong --so far. The only 2 reasons someone would sell a car is (1) they are tired of the cars looks or (2) it is costing to much in repairs. I am now single and don't need a 4 door sedan. in southern California ( Mazda Miata time ) If the Miata runs as good as the I 30 I will be happy-happy- happy. It is a fine car I just want something else.
  • 2006 Honda Ridgeline 2006 Honda Ridgeline Bought new in 2006 and just passed 245,000. Other than routine maintenance no major problems. Shooting for 300,000. Great truck and well worth the money at the time.
  • 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe Original owner with 225,000 miles. First major problem was today with the transmission. You read that correctly 225,000 carefree miles. Even the transmission work is only going to cost me 1,500 from a very trusted transmission shop. All other work is maintenance (batteries, tires, O2 Sensors, distributor cap, fuel filter, rotor, plugs, brakes, brake cable, etc.). I do have the craziest little problem. The back tail light board is the third one I have installed and it still acts up. The spring contacts just don't seem to work right. Drives me nuts have spent 15 hours over life of truck on just this one issue. Other little problems, many of the lights on dash (radio, a/c heat, etc.) have gone out. Passenger door needs to be locked manually. On the whole the interior durability does not match the drive train and exterior durability. Starting to see some eaten through rust spots (top of wheel panel and cargo door. I live in Maine so not surprising. Last few years I have also used the truck to plow my 900' driveway, plus friends 8 car parking area. Hard usage with lots of snow storms. It looks like I will be keeping this for another 2 -3 years because it runs great.
  • 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Had a lot of 4x4 cars and this is the best handling SUV on Mt. roads I have seen. I have the Orvis model with heavy duty suspension.Engine is extremely good off the line and pulls really heavy trailers. Mileage now is 173k and shows no sign of letting up. It's the magnum v8 and the mpg is not the best but you pay to have fun.
  • 2005 Lincoln Town Car Had a '95 that ran up to 489,000 miles before a chronic problem with the "blend door" (?) makes the A/C useless. So I sold it. Now I miss it; especially the adjustable power steering switch and the nice riding rear air suspension. Sure, I changed the Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil and Mobil 1 Oil Filter every 10,000 miles whether it needed it or not. A K & N Air filter and a light right foot helped me get 34 mpg on the highway with the air off and 29 with it on. Now I have a 2005 and want to know about the Lemon Law in FLA. Front Suspension in the shop three times in one year, A/C blows hot on a hot day, replacing the plugs isn't as easy as it was in the '95 by any means (there's a boot and a wire and the plug and all eight are over $460). Additionally, the rear suspension feels real tight and I was interested to read the input from Aug 2013 from the fellow who put in Gabriel shocks from a '84-'85 Regal (?) to soften the ride. I just put in a new Alternator and both power lumbar switches have failed on the front seats. The button to open the door armrest storage compartment has popped off and the springs flew off too. I have had more than one replacement headlight assy as they seem to fill up with condensation easily and you have to go get another from Ford for $564 each. The cruise control only switches on if you press down on the button several times first. The CD Player skips on brand spankin new CD's, The power door lock buttons don't come all the way up on the rear doors, but if I were in an accident, there is no other vehicle on the road (except the International CXT) that I'd rather be in. Here's the kicker, just came from the shop and have been informed that the rear axle and bearings are loosening, scoring, or coming apart (?) and will cost over $1500 to rectify. Who knows, maybe I can find a used CXT......
  • 2006 Mercury Monterey Information center went after 48000 miles.
  • 2006 Toyota Tundra 189,000 miles and have only one issue to report. The plastic front bumper/nosecone assembly has be come very loose. The plastic tabs holding it on are mostly broken off. I can move the whole assembly up and down about 1". It rattles a bit on rough roads causing the factory fog lights to wiggle. Other than that I have had ZERO issues with this truck. Every switch, knob, button and component of the truck still functions like it did the day I drove it off of the dealer's lot. One parking light bulb burned out two years ago and one back up light bulb went out last year. That's it. The stock brake pads and shoes even lasted 180,000 miles. This is my 5th Toyota truck. I've driven them a sum total of right around 800,000 miles and have had a total, across all the trucks, of $1700 in repairs.
  • 2006 Cadillac DTS the seat motor burned out, only had car 6 months. took auto to repair shop. put the new motor in, but still not working because there is a computer that controls the motor to make the seats move back and forth. Having to take car to the Cadillac dealership because they are the only ones that can repair it
  • 2010 Ford Taurus bought car in 2010 had brakes replaced at dealership still didnt work right untill i had them changed at Belle Tire now they work fine
  • 2013 Chevrolet Spark I had a 2013 Chevy Spark with 25,000 miles which used 2 and a half quarts of oil from Indiana to Gulf Shores Alabama. it did same on the back home also. Other people are also having issues with oil uses on some blog sites. I also received a recall letter from GM for my air conditioning could fail.
  • 2002 Honda CR-V I bought the car used. At first I was happy but now I hate it. There are so many recalls, I can't numerate them. The "fix" free estimates are not free. I can't afford this car and woul'd love to be rid of it
  • 2005 Saab 9-3 I purchased our 2005 9-3 Aero new, and have close to 180,000 miles on it now. Yes HID lights are expensive and it is hard to work on, just went through my first clutch. However, this has been the best little car I have ever owned, I plan on keeping it maintained and make a run at 500,000 miles. Still performs and looks great, I have had all makes and models Chevy to Ford to Volvo and this has been the best out of them all. Likely, because I bought it new, and baby it.
  • 1996 Mercedes-Benz S600 I have 1996 Mercedes Benz S600, 4 door sedan model. The A/C compressor died at 45,000 miles, cost for the unit is $3000.00 excluding labor charge. The battery died at 40,000 miles. The interior are full of plastic. The passenger visor hinge which contained a mirror broke and every time the car went through potholes it rattle and made a lot of noise. The electronic fuel gas gauge got stuck and showed 1/4 tank after a complete gas fill up, the electronic fuel sensor was bad, I have to hit the dashboard several times real hard to wake it up before it functioned properly. This is a piece of junk made in Germany, it created more headache and expensive repair than to be be able to enjoy the car. Please just don't buy it, it caused a lot pf headache rather than enjoyment.
  • 1997 Acura TL Good strong 4 Door 1997 Acura 3.2 TL V6 with 195,500 miles on it. Little rust. Leather interior. Power locks, seats, heated seats, and powered windows. Windows bout at 20-30% tinted. Runs excellent overall!
  • 1996 Geo Tracker I just purchased a USED run-around-town car last Saturday. It's a 1996 Geo Tracker, Auto Trans, hard top with 175K on the engine. I'm aware that parts are hard to get since they don't make the car any more, but she's good to go for as long as I'm going to be on the road. (age 84)! My son has one and swears by them ,,, gas mileage is 30 miles a gal. easy to get it into and one of the greatest features is the BIG windows all around it. A SAFE DRIVE! So I'm hooked up with VILLAGE AUTOCARE, now to keep it in good maintenance. A great little shop for these who live in the Village. So, if your looking for a cheap good miles car, I recommend this little one. You can't go wrong with Village autocare either. Good car hunting, Ladysedona 08/15/14
  • 2008 Dodge Avenger Before I start I had the same problem with water retaining in the trunk. I solved this by removing the plugs on the trunk hatch they give the appearance of being hollow but are actually closed once I removed all 4 of them it stopped retaining water when it rains. Other issues are electrical where my air bag light comes on depending on the position of the drivers seat I constantly have to adjust seat until it goes off and even then is may come back on and I have to readjust again. Then there's that constant knocking noise on the right front side of the vehicle it sounds like somethings loose but I've check and can never seem to locate it this started about a month after I got the car and I also get this popping sound when turning the steering wheel left or right after about a hour driving. And they say the only way to get a tune up is to drop or tilt the engine I should say however I have a 2008 avenger SE flex fuel 2.7ltr V6 DOHC I changed the rear plugs by removing the intake manifold or plenum it very tedious but beats dropping the engine once the plenum is removed you have easy access to the plugs on the backside of the engine I'm not sure if this works for the V8 but it should just make sure you have a book for the torque sequence and lbs to apply.
  • 2011 Infiniti FX35 I am very disappointed in my Infiniti. I have bought 3 sets of tires in 2014 and its August. Not even a year of work on them and always between 5000-8000 miles no matter what tires I buy. They end up almost eaten away with zero tred to be found. I will not buy an expensive car to have to keep replacing tires every 4 months.
  • 2008 Toyota Camry At around 55,000 miles, my 2008 Toyota Camry started drinking oil. Using approximately 1 quart every 800 miles. According to the Toyota owners manual this is acceptable so they won't do anything about it. I have to carry oil around in my trunk all the time, just in case my oil light comes on. Not much use in changing the oil since it is always "new". Now my dam sun visor is broken on the drivers side and it won't stay up! I WILL NEVER buy a TOYOTA AGAIN!
  • 2006 Cadillac SRX we cannot seem to keep front lights (driving and turn signal) from blowing on a regular basis. a pain to change and disassemble the front bumper for repair. Amazingly horrible design.
  • 2006 GMC Envoy Love this vehicle. We purchased used with 32,000 miles. At 50,000 we had it back to our dealer for work, but do not recall what was repaired. 177, 000 miles now and still going. Have done most past warranty repairs in our shop, which required the purchase of some tools we did not have. At about 100,000 miles we replaced the throttle body assembly. At about 150,000 we replaced plugs and plug wires, and both front CV joints. The door panels and lower seat panels have plastic clips. Wish the clips were metal. On the drivers side, where use is heaviest these clips broke after about 50, 000 miles. We used JB Weld to do our own repair to the clips and have not had any problems since.
  • 2009 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG 44,000 miles. Engine was making a ticking noise. Motor just died. Valve was stuck and hit top of #4 piston. Piece of cam chipped off. Motor has to be replaced with a re manufactured motor. Cost is 37,200 . Mercedes will pay half.I believe this is not right because i believe it was due to the engine was not right from the beginning.I have had 5 Mercedes and have 2 now. They will be the last, will never buy another from a company that will not stand behind their product. Mike McCarbrey
  • 2011 Hyundai Sonata I have a 2011 and in the very first year, the dealer replaced. The fuel door did not open, A battery, the started and a sensor. None of this cover under warranty. Second year, one of the shafts of the front end, and something else on the steering wheel. Also no cover under warranty. The third year, Cruise control switch, not working, the windshield pump and tips also not working properly. None of this cover under warranty. After three years of service, my Sonata has a lot of interior issues in many places started to peal, the aircondition does not work properly. All the services has been done by the dealer. And every time is something broken that needs to be replace out of my pocket. Over all, I think is a nice car. But it was manufactur very cheap. I will trade the car next year. But not for another Hyundai. Today is 08/2014
  • 1997 Pontiac Firebird Bought used at 128,000. Window motors quit working, door hinges weak and need replacing, transmission slap-shifts into 2nd and needs a module, the intake manifold gasket leaks oil into the water---a VERY common problem on the 3.8s. The electrical system is a nightmare with different lights and guages turning off and on at strange times Clear coat came off nose cone and paint now looks a different color. Even with switch off, heat continues to come through heater system. T-Tops leak on both sides. These cars look good when kept clean but are cheaply made, like most GMs. Ive been a GM guy all my life but no longer. Every GM car Ive had has been cheaply made, especially the interiors. Ive had Rivieras, firebirds, a caddy, century, fiero (lol) etc. My most recent vehicle is a Ford and I love it. Should have stopped letting GM experiment on me long ago. I had the infamous diesel caddy that blew after 10,000 miles, a fiero (nuff said) a century with constant problems, etc.
  • 2007 Honda Ridgeline 2007 Honda Ridgeline - 201,000 miles on it. Except for routine maintenance and always Mobile 1 the only issues were a rear wheel bearing went on it. 2 sets of timing belts and water pump ..etc . Great vehicle overall. Have traversed all over the country and towed and never missed a beat. Might look a little ugly but Honda built this right.