Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

If my daughter ever buys another Ford car I will hurt her. This car was ok at first but now it's possessed. It does what it wants to. The transmission jerks, it idles on it a own and the lights are a nightmare. Can't drive at night because the lights goes on and off. I really want here to be included in a class action lawsuit against Ford. Ford is a joke but they really need to recall and fix this problem for all Ford 500 owners.
Just traded in my 1st Tundra 4wd TRD only had 315,000 miles ! Engine and trans still strong but began having to replace/fix too many things that are expected to go over time. Bought 2013 Tundra TRD 4wd, need I say more. Wife has 4runner with 300k+ still running fine. My only complaint is my front driver side speaker is blown, anyone know if it is worth having Toyota dealer fix or is there better options, any help appreciated.
I bought my 2001 Sierra PU new in Nov. 2000. It's now June 18, 2016 - 317,000+ miles later on original motor.

Notes:

1. Replaced radiator at 293,000+ miles.
2. Replaced transmission at 238,000 miles
3. Replaced alternator at around 275,000 miles.
4. Fuel pump - worst part on the truck. I've replaced 4 times at least, almost $700 a pop. It's in a funky location so it's the labor of getting that sucker apart that's expensive.
5. Rear differential has gone out twice. Once at 6,000 miles (under warranty) and then at approx 230,000 miles (big bucks)
6. ABS system busted around 80,000 miles.
7. AC system is the bomb. Best AC in all of my vehicles.
8. Passenger side window motor broke at 305,000 miles. The door locks are getting iffy. The interior is absolutely intact. Except for a he leather steering wheel that is now coming apart. No holes in the cloth seats.

I have towed: boats, jet skis, horse trailers. Fully loaded. I have hauled furniture, hay, rocks, dirt, Christmas trees, landscaping stuff, you name it. It has been to about 10 western states. A lot. Not one problem on any trip.

Bottom line is that most major issues lasted well after 240,000 miles.

Other than that - oil changes, changing of filters and fluids, and overall basic care of this baby has kept it going. It's just some overall cosmetics that need addressing.

#chevygirl #neverford #neverdodge
So far I have found it helpful
I have an 01 Sequoia and it has the new trans and is getting the new computer now. Everyone who is one this board needs to make sure they call Toyota- not just your local dealer- because the girl I talked to said that they determine recalls partially based on how many complaints they get from the hotline.So...call!
I bought the car from an individual 6 months ago.
I feel I got a great car for the price (eleven hund) It runs great and looks decent.
Yesterday my first problem....found out alternator needs to be replaced after147,000 miles.

Ike's !!! for this year and type, it's expensive
Have had this car almost seven years ( this October), I don't do long drives and when I was working, I only drove 2 miles each way. I have only put 32000 miles on it since I bought it. It is a very economical vehicle, I just had to have new front brakes put on, I also replaced the alloy wheels with steel ones, because I would come out to a different flat tire each day. My airco needs a shot of Freon, if only you could still get Freon ( that was done away with in 1990), these things are no big deal.
MY PROBLEM IS THIS CAR LEAKS!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE CAULKED EVERYTHING!!! !! It doesn't come in through the moonroof or windshield, but underneath the dashboard on the drivers side, so depending on the type of rain, I may get 5 inches on the driver floor!
Any suggestions other than get rid of it????????
Leased 2016 Cadillac SRX on April 9 th 2016. On April 11 th, 2016, with 517 miles, there was a major mechanical transmission failure. Third , fifth and reverse went out. The dealership in California rebuilt the transmission, but it failed a second time. Imagine making your first car payment while your car is in the shop getting repaired! Or paying for registration while you are driving a loaner vehicle(?) We asked the dealership and GM for a buyback, but they denied our request. We wonder what happened to GMs' Committment to Excellence(?). Guess their new mantra, Dare Greatly, is probably more suitable. Bottom line is, Caveat Emptor.
I love my Mercedes Benz SE 300.
The only problem i had are with the window regulators (Front Passenger, Rear Passenger). They was both working but didn't work with the one touch option because the gears was strip. mjg429mach1@yahoo.com Richmond,VA
We have owned our 2009 Nissan Versa for 2 years now...purchased it in June 2014. It has been a dream car. No problems whatsoever. All we have had to do is oil changes and get tires. We love it!! Best car we have ever had by far. It doesn't have a whole lot of power going up hills but it is a 4 cylinder. I would have to say it has been the perfect car for us. We have driven it 25,000 miles since purchase. We moved to an area where you need to travel over a steep mountain to get to civilization...and we have complete trust in this car.
I bought our 2004 V8, AWD for my wife used with about 50,000 miles on it from a used car lot and am the second owner. Shortly after our purchase my wife was diagnosed with cancer so we spent the next 3+ years driving 350+ miles 1 - 2 times per week to Atlanta for Chemotherapy and doctors appointments. The Mountaineer performed superbly and the only real problem we ever had was the transmission went out one time and had to be rebuilt. Now I will say I am having problem with the transmission again but I DO NOT blame that on the Mountaineer, I blame that on the quality of the work performed by Sunny King Ford in Anniston, Alabama! I lost my wife to cancer in August 2013 but we both agreed that of all the cars we ever owned, from VW's, Mercedes, Corvettes, Tahoes, etc., none have been any better than our Mercury Mountaineer and we just hate we cannot replace ours with a newer one since ours now has 195,000 miles on it but still running strong, except for the transmission which I plan to replace and continue driving!
This is actually the worst vehicle I've ever owned. I purchased it in 2011 and it was a 2006. I purchased it from a dealer (Kelly Nissan in Beverly Ma) and they said the vehicle was pre-certified. Initially the warranty they offered was atrocious so I had to pay extra to get a warranty of 80k miles. Interestingly enough the entire exhaust fell off about 2 years of owning it, right after 60k miles which is what they wanted to give me. I've had nothing but problems since I bought it. I just want to say that I paid about 23k for this car and I also paid 23k for the Mercedes SUV that I had before this car. It was 4 years old pre certified and had 32k miles on it. I bought that vehicle from a dealer pre-certified and it had every extra option. I loved that car but I was trying to be economical, never again. This vehicle has cheap fabric interior. The engine started knocking the first week I owned it but the dealer kept saying there was nothing wrong, later they said it was due to bad gasoline but it always does it regardless. It has burned oil at an alarming rate. The bumper and interior panels constantly popping off, the pins that hold them in place keep breaking. The dealer refused to replace the exhaust that fell off with a new one so they repaired the existing one, even though it was still under warranty. The window on the drivers seat is messed up and often will not go up or down. The CD player has been tempermental since I purchased it. The car is just a mess. I can not wait to get rid of it and I will never purchase another vehicle from a Kelly Dealership.
Good looks,ride and room I like it its almost like a truck
we love our 2010 CR-V, we bought it new and has 68k miles, so far no mechanical problems, just a dead battery issue once, which was weird, because the were no warnings and we were driving it, then we stopped for gas and after it would not start, needed a jump start, replaced the battery and no problems since.
I'm just giving a run down of most of the service I've had done to my '07 V6 Camry (which I bought new) to show how expensive it has been to keep it running properly. I really didn't think I'd have this many problems. I've previously owned 2 other Camry's and did not have this many issues.

118,000 - both alternator ($740) AND water pump need replacing (pump not replaced yet)
115,000 - replace 19 lugs nuts because they were "swollen and tough to get off" according to the Toyo dealer ($66)
103,000 - replaced rear disc rotors and pads ($420)
98,000 - replaced cabin air filter AGAIN ($50)
92,000 - replaced hood latch ($206)
91,000 - replaced front disc pads and resurfaced rotors ($325)
85,000 - replaced cabin air filter ($68)
61,000 - replaced positive battery terminal, rear brake pads, resurfaced rear rotors, replaced steering shaft ($700)
61,000 - 60,000 mile service ($490)
15,000 - 15,000 mile service ($260)
I bought my 2006 HHR new in May 2005. It's served as a first car for two teenage sons. They each drove it pretty hard. It is still a daily driver for my wife and another son. Currently it has 250,000 miles on it and starts and runs well. In the past 11 years I replaced the front rotors 2x, the battery once, the starter 2x and replaced the cheap plastic door handle once. Overall the car has been excellent.
A 22yr old car with 75.000 miles - At this mileage car developed a continual surge when restarted warm and when put into drive engine would quit. Problem was a partially clogged throttle body air screen. Signal flasher unit quit -parking brake release cable broke - -fuel gauge sending unit failed - horn button surface partially broke - color coat on steering wheel rim wore off - muffler rust perforated - tail pipe from cat to muffler rust perforated- oil pump dive spindle O-ring failed creating minor oil leak. Pros- ride quality - smooth and positive shifting trans - body/interior build quality - brakes - A/C unit. Cons - known problems with oil pump spindle O-ring leakage , lower intake manifold gasket failure. fuel gauge sending unit failure - front seats lack lateral support -drum brakes on rear wheels- mediocre handling. Car now has 82.000 miles with all problems fixed
19.9 mpg until Bush wanted Corn Whiskey in the gas. Then it was 18 from then on.
The gold paint decided to FADE on every piece of plastic around the car all at once.
Tried fuel cleaner and my fuel gauge started screwing up after that.
Putting the car in 4x4 mode would make it extremely hard to turn on street.

Our transmission failed repeatedly from a faulty ECM that was shorting a wire to a HOT firewall that caused 2nd & 3rd gears to shear. That cost $1500 and several trips to the Tranny shop and over two months in the Kia shop previously because Kia couldn't FIX ANYTHING that was causing strange transmission faults... that DIDN'T show up on the computer! There was later a recall on it that Kia refused to tell customers, as I had to ASK them to check on it personally since it was happening for so long, I figured it HAD to have been figured out by then! It wasn't in the computer at the dealer! They had...

Then some kind of debris in the passenger valve cover (completely sealed from inspection, sensors, or correction) blocked the oil return ports and that valve cover retained 4 quarts of oil (for over 3 hours) causing "catastrophic engine failure".

WARNING!!!! Check your oil in this car every month and make sure it's clean as a whistle...

One of the problems with the tranny was strange shifting between 2 & 3rd gears, and it would also LOCK in 5th gear at times.

The Key/ignition was transferred into the Sorento from a faulty car ignition, and mine had to be fixed too.
The electrical to the moon roof stalled open in a rainstorm.
This SUV was #1 in Con-Sumer Rept's for 2004.
Not a good Idea to but a 2005, they changed the tranny, electrical, ignition...

Can anyone help, my xj6 was sitting for three months, everything was working good when parked. when I started it I could not get out of park I pushed on lever by the gearshift and got out of park. But now since I did that tranny is in limpmode, can't figure out how to get out of limpmode. HELP.......
Not very good at engine broke down its a 2.4 litter at 140.000 miles
For the record....BEWARE!!! We purchased this LEMON OF a car in 2013. It was out of commission for 2 stinking years, beginning 2 months after purchase. Engine problems...seriously dangerous...just plunking out in the middle of busy traffic. Out mechanic tinkered with it for 1 year plus....he had a stroke. To another friend mechanic...he had another Santa Fe pulled apart...piece by piece...mirrored our problem. Thought it was fixed...today it dies in traffic. AGAIN. POS....Money pit!!! Someone working on third shift, and drunk put this LEMON together...NEVER EVER WANT TO LOOK A A HYUNDAI EVER AGAIN.
the front seat heating system keeps, overheating other than that I haven't had any major nor minor problems with it.
the only down fault is that the vin number doesn't seem to show up in the American system, since I bought it while on active duty in Germany . I'm now retired and it was very hard for me to get any warranty work on it.
nice car, very comfortable and reliable.
I may had missed a few recalls , if anybody can tell me how to go back and have that check out even-though the bin number doesn't appears in the American system please let me know. thank you.
I have a 2010 Subaru Outback 2.5 with 32,000 miles that I bought used in 2012. Four years later I now have less than 52,000 miles on it. After going to the shop 4 times for chugging on acceleration and the CEL on, I am told I need a new transmission. The dealership at first quoted $10,000 for a new transmission and labor, but I think they are now down to $7,300. Subaru will give me $1,000 for good will, but that seems a lot to me for a car that I paid $23,000 for and only drove for 20k miles. I am a woman who knows nothing about cars. Is a dealership the best option? (My last car was a Rav4 I bought 5 years old with 50k miles on it that I paid $8,000 for. I drove it 8 years then sold it for $6,000. That was a good car!) Help!
My car stop while sitting waiting for a train to pass i pushed in the lighter wated for it to pop out then the car made a thump and quit.Now the dash light up when you turn the ignition key on but it want do anything what should i do or check?
I bought my 2004 V6 2.7 in 2011 at 80,000 mi. It now has 167,700. Not positive if I am the second owner. I love my Santa Fe and will purchase a newer model when I'm done with this one. I have maintained regular maintenance and up till now no serious . Only issue was tail light burninig out frequently. It appears to have had some body work before only noticed when i took the light off to replace the bulb. Light compartment itself seems to not seal properly and will hold water after a hard rain or car washing. Now the radiator has a leak and seems the fan doesn't kick on. But other than that I replaced the ac condensor at 135,000 and berings at 166,000. Still the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Great gas mileage. Definitely plan to be a Santa fe driver for a long time.
Had to replace wheel sensor for stabiltrack at 3000 miles not covered under warranty! &725.32 and same problem showed up at 40000 miles, not replacing this time!!!!

$10.00 Quart of oil every 1000 miles, Chevy replaced 1 (ONE) piston, gasket and timing chain!

Runs worse then before, idles at 500 rpm and has no get up and go,,, funny still has the same problem!

I will NEVER buy another Chevy again!!!!!!!! Am now trading it in for a foreign made car~
At around 40,000 miles everything started falling apart. Moisture accumulated in the headlamp area, causing me to have to replace the bulbs every year. Have to replace at dealer because entire grill has to come off to replace. Cost of approx. $75.00 per bulb. Mirror covers on both visors broke off within the first couple of years (I do not have any small children, broke just by opening them). Leather seats ripped on side of both driver's and passenger's seats. Turn signal lever broke at around 60,000 miles. Electric door locks started going at around 50,000 miles, first driver's side, now rear and front passenger sides both out. Cost to replace approx. $375 each. 85,000 miles the heater started smelling and pushing steam into the vehicle. Steam coming through all vents. Service stabilizer light came on around 70,000 miles and went off next day. Came back on a couple of times a few months part. Check engine light then came on. Had to replace EGR valve. So far service stabilizer light has stayed off but it has only been one week. The air conditioning does not stay on when you shut the car off. When you turn the car on, you always have to turn air back on. This was my FIRST and will be my ONLY GM vehicle. I had a Ford Expedition with 226,000 miles on it that I didn't have nearly the trouble with. My Equinox only has 95,000 miles, but like I said, the trouble started around 40,000 miles, except moisture in headlamps, that started almost right away. I did ask GM to repair because I have seen several others with the moisture and it seems to be a defect, but they refused.
I purchased my 2005 Buick Le Sabre Custom with 22873 miles. She is like new and has been kept in the garage since new. The previous owner just turned 90 and now lives in an assisted living facility. I replaced both Low Beams lamps with new ones since one was burnt out. I've read that you should replace both bulbs for the same brightness. I am having the transmission flushed and replaced with synthetic transmission fluid and filter with a very reputable Trans shop. I've read the transmission should be serviced at 40K, but feel quite good at doing at ten years old, @ 23K miles. I never thought that I would be buying this car, but really, a little ole lady who drove it to church, groceries, and to get her hair done on Thursdays??? We consider her the "Donna Reed" of our little city here in Windcrest Texas, adjacent to San Antonio. I had no idea where the battery was or how to change the headlight bulbs, but thanks to "You tube", it all worked out great. I removed the headlight fixtures rather than scaring up my hands and besides, there's no way in hell, you can keep your hands of that bulb, trying to wiggle it back in. It took a #10 metric socket and I removed both bolts in less than a minute. Thank you "You Tube". I bought a case of 12, "Wix" oil filters for less than 50 dollars (That's less than $5 each) delivered to my door! I purchased Mobile 1 Synthetic at Costco, 5w30, on sale for $26 for 6 quarts. (I don't buy until it’s on sale, and it always goes on sale) I've researched and feel confident “Wix” oil filters are the best at filtering and best oil flow. I found the cabin air filter under the hood, thanks to You Tube! I ordered one from Amazon and it will be here in two days! I got a great deal on this car, and after reading all of your reviews, I feel even greater and am thankful to learn about everyone's experiences. I pumped gas in my teens, changed oil, and have done about 100 brake jobs before joining the Air Force, back in 1972. So, I am probably a little more experienced at working on auto’s, but things have changed and I’m not familiar with all of the new technology, but I do enjoy taking care of the maintenance I can do, because I know it will be done right. Stay tuned!
I have owned my 06' C230 Sport V6 model for over 8 years(10yrs old now) it only has 63,000 miles April 2016. I love this car, I picked it up used for 19,700 with 21k miles in 2008, bought an extended warranty 75k/5yrs for 1800.00 total. Great deal, this car is amazing!!
It has lots of pep! for a little 2.5 liter V6@201hp@6200rpm(the pistons must be tiny)! Has the 7 speed automatic transmission with Sport or Custom shift options, every available option including: 12 speaker Harmon Kardon speakers/stereo with 6 Disc changer in glove box, moon-roof, rear window roll up tint, heated and electric seats!
I've had only a few problems with it requiring maintenance, replaced the alternator/generator, master cylinder went bad at 42k, these were covered in my extended warranty 100%.
Recently, I had some front suspension work done, ball joints, lower control arm links, new tower struts, etc. I've done couple B maintenance's, trasnmission fluid service and 2x A maintenance's, front/rear brakes once. I always had the dealer do all the service. Great car, very reliable! I'm a Lyft driver and having a great handling car is a must. I hate to trade it in with such low miles but the 2015 C250 is calling my name!
I love my '09 GT. Of course, it has had a couple of issues, like a mysterous buzzing in the rear. I figured out that it was the trunk tension springs. I fixed the problem with felt spacers. I love the sound of this car. This is the fourth GT I've had and have loved them all. All had minor problems, but so has every car I have ever owned regardless of marque.
Unless I hit the lottery, I will likely always own a Mustang GT.