Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Nice comfortable car, but expensive problems: 1. Car would shut down to fault mode on transmission at highway speeds. Speedometer would go to zero and digital readout would go off and car would gear down. Problem solved by replacement of two sensors in tranny at $1,100. 2. Brake pedal low and mushy after repeated attempts to bleed electronically and mechanically. Dealer diagnosed problem as anti-lock unit and estimated repair cost of $1,637. Both problems ridiculous on a car with under 90,000 miles. Ford offered no help.
I have a 2005 Camry xle v 6 3.0.liter. The car overall is great except for the door lock actuater went out on the driver door. The main issue i have is the alignment.First, I've had the alignment done 3 times and shortly after being fixed the car goes in either direction to the right or left. This occurs when I get the tires rotated and the allignment goes to the left, it's is this endless cycle of turning hard to the right or hard to the left after tire rotations. I don't want to spend any money until Im certain the cause of the problem.Second, when the car is travel over 65 to 75 the steering wheel vibrates violently. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated . Thank you
I love my Pontiac Grand Prix it is a great car to go back and forth to school in. I drive 30 minutes one way to school everyday and I only use half a tank of gas a week so for a six cylinder 3.8L that is great and I also go shopping and run for parts for my husband in it as well and am still only using half a tank a week. I just love this car and I am normally a Chevy person but I will keep this car until she dies.
bought this truck in 09 because of the life time power train warranty. I still love this truck. I have over 77,000 mile and it still rides and drives like it was new. I took a load of furniture to Texas and got 20 mpg going down and 23 returning driving 70 to 80 mile per hour, so was happy with the mileage. I gave it a 4 on power train because the rear pinion started to howl a little but was fixed under warrant. Love that HEMI power.
The 1997 Kia Sportage is the most disappointing vehicle I have ever purchased. The electronics on this vehicle are Atrocious! The electronic issues with this vehicle are so ridiculous, that the local dealer in my city flat out refuses to even work on their own product. Parts are never available in stock for this model at any auto parts location in Bakersfield, CA. I will never purchase a used KIA again.
My fairly new wife bought this car new without power windows on purpose and demanded A/C (AZ) . After 11 years with it she grew weary of driving a stick shift and sold the car to me so I would have something nicer than my 34 year-old Chevy Monza. I kept the Monza another year then tearfully parted ways with her (the Monza). The wife had no other complaints about this car except the E-brake that never seemed to work well since new and the struggle to find 1st gear every time also since new. She never had time to return to Dealer for such minor flaws so on she went till handed over to me. After researching one thing that bothered me about newer small cars, the timing belt-breaking-destryoing-engine issue, I was quite relieved to know the wife picked 'that green one' not knowing what it means to have gotten 'the green one' with the 2200 engine! All the other engine options that were available had timing belts with overhead cams. THIS ENGINE IS A PUSHROD AND TIMING CHAIN old school model with 100 horsepower. I WAS VERY PLEASED TO KNOW THIS, no pistons blind-dating the valves on the drive home to Tucson from San Diego in the middle of the evening to go to work Monday. The German 5-speed gearing is matched perfectly to the engine's power output. I have to get thi wrapped up so the car is not perfect, ther are little things that can seem minor but detract from the car because they can stickout like a sore thumb at times such as : # From time and use @ 12 years of ownership, the sun visor material is falling apart as is the sagging visor blocking vision with no replaceable part found. Still looking. # The a/c directional vents fall apart and flop around inside partially blocking and totally divert air flow elsewhere but the still cold a/c gets the cabin cold even though I can't point the breeze right where I would like it. Compressor replaced at 160,000 miles/ $430. De- finitely worth keeping longer. # The problem with not easily finding 1st gear every time still persists, haven't encountered the fix yet but I can't lend my car out because the time that I did it cost me a new clutch replacecement shortly afte getting it back @ 165,000 I COULD GO ON NIT-PICKING BUT ALL TOLD I AM KEEPING THIS CAR AS IT HAS NOT BEEN A MONEY PIT AND THAT IS WHAT COUNTS?
Worst car I have bought in 20 years, 2 Years ago I bought this car with only 50,000 miles, so far i have changed more parts to this vehicle then all the vehicles I ever had in my life since i was 20, it is ridiculous, this is the worst place I definitely DO NOT RECOMEND THIS CAR DEALER TO ANYONE FRIENDLY FORD LAS VEGAS ON DECATUR Blvd, PLEASE DONT GO THERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT!! 1st month after I bought it $125 for a new battery, 7 months after I bought it I change the alternator pulley $102 part only, after 11 moths I bought it, change the motor mount 3 of them for $195 parts only, after 14 month I bought it, driver window stop working,16months after passenger window broke in addition to all this problems now as 08/10/15 I have a gas leak WTF??? I am so sick of this vehicle and so tired of fixing it with all the problem I am having with this vehicle is ridiculous, I feel I got majorly ripped off!!!!
I purchased this vehicle in April 2003 with 11,000 miles. It has held up well, however, it apprears that this year model was plagued with power window problems. Same with my '03 Century. The electrical seems to have evolved, now the left rear door is always locked, no power to the locking motor and the odometer area bulb operates occasionally, the last time it lit up the odometer read 168,000 miles. That was probably a month ago. The engine was rebuilt by dealer ($3800 in approximately 2010) a disappointment. Adult children had been using this vehicle for last 4-5yrs and I now have it back. Have had harmonic balancer replaced and the spark plugs, however, I have a "bucking" or chocking problem now when reaching 45MPH in acceleration. Taking to mechanic this afternoon for a check on "plug wire misfire" and/or fuel filter clogging. Will also have him check the "coil" once again, as we discussed it at plug replacement 2 days ago. Anyone else with the chugging problem -- and did you find the reason?
How to replace the spark plugs
i bought my 2500 HD new and had very few problems, until, I was leaving N T B after getting new tires and went a couple of blocks and the brake pedal went to the floor in heavy traffic. I drive for a living, so,I was able to stop using the E brake. After prying my but off of the seat ,I got out and brake fluid was pouring out from 3 locations under my truck. I was able to return to the tire place and they put it up on the lift and the brake lines were in horrible condition. This truck had between 64k and 65k when this happened[go figure] I spent 15 years turning wrenches for a living and I had heard about this problem on some older chevy trucks but REALLY brake line rusting thru on a vehicle like mine that sits in front of my house most of the year? I had always wanted a truck like my 2500 HD and still love it ,but, come on ,this looks like some body tried to cut costs by using cheap brake lines to save some money! I am certain if most other people had been in this situation it would have ended much worse than it did for me.Not to mention the $800.00 + dollars that I had to spend to have it repaired. very displeased and angry.
i bought my 2500 HD new and had very few problems, until, I was leaving N T B after getting nwe tires and went a couple of blocks and the brake pedel went to the floor in heavy trafic. I drive for a living, so,I was able to stop using the E brake. After prying my but off of the seat ,I got out and brake fluid was pouring out from 3 locations under my truck. I was able to return to the tire place and they put it up on the lift and the brake lines were in horrible condition. This truck had between 64k and 65k when this happened[go figure] I spent 15 years turning wrenches for a living and I had heard about this problem on some older chevy trucks but REALLY brake line rusting thru on a vehicle like mine that sits in front of my house most of the year? I had always wanted a truck like my 2500 HD and still love it ,but, come on ,this looks like some body tried to cut costs by using cheap brake lines to save some money! I beleive if most other people had been in this situation it would have ended much worse than it did for me.Not to mention the $800.00 + dollars that I had to spend to have it repaired. very displeased and angry.
i bought my 2500 HD new and had very few problems, until, I was leaving N T B after getting nwe tires and went a couple of blocks and the brake pedel went to the floor in heavy trafic. I drive for a living, so,I was able to stop using the E brake. After prying my but off of the seat ,I got out and brake fluid was pouring out from 3 locations under my truck. I was able to return to the tire place and they put it up on the lift and the brake lines were in horrible condition. This truck had between 64k and 65k when this happened[go figure] I soent 15 years turning wrenches for a living and I had heard about this problem on some older chevy trucks but REALLY brake line rusting thru on a vehicle like mine that sits in front of my house most of the year? I had always wanted a truck like my 2500 HD and still love it ,but, come on ,this looks like some body tried to cut costs by using cheap brake lines to save some money! I beleive if most other people had been in this situation it would have ended much worse than it did for me.Not to mention the $800.00 + dollars that I had to spend to have it repaired. very displeased and angry.
Terrible ride! Front end bangs at every bump. Struts were checked NY dealer...not leaking... New tires didn't help. Have owned a Sante Fe...no comparison. The Sorrento is the worst riding vehicle I have ever owned!
2011 Brake Master Cylinder assembly failed at 45,000 miles, not on warranty cost in excess of $3,000 dollars. What a piece of crap.
Reading through other comments here and I only saw one from several years ago on this issue... We took our 2004 Pacifica into Firestone today for an alignment to fix the shaking we noticed while driving on the highway before we set off on a scheduled trip coming up next week. We were told that an alignment would be a waste of money due to the amount of rust and corrosion in the frame under the engine. (At first I asked my husband who talked to the mechanic on the phone if he had the right car!) Come to find out that this is a VERY common issue with these cars and expensive to repair. Now what needs to happen here? Does someone need to actually drive these cars until something happens at 60-70 miles an hour before a recall is done and all Pacifica drivers are aware of this issue? Looking online, I can't find a story about someone actually losing their engine while driving, but it just seems like a matter of time.
My grand prix is a great driving car with 190,000 miles on it. Have replaced some parts but its better than having a car payment
Just about 170,000 miles on my GTS with 5 speed. Replaced the clutch once. Air conditioning once, body mount, brake pads and timing belt, spark plugs/wires. I've owned the car since 2003 so I consider this very low maintenance. Overall excellent car. Drives well, good low end power with decent top end runout. KYB AGX struts/shocks make a large improvement in handling for not too much money. Paint is peeling now. Debating on getting it painted.
Bought a 2007 HHR to use as a tow car. It was sitting in our driveway, after taking grandkids to classes, and the interior just burst into flames. It had been sitting over an hour. The firemen and insurance company said it was electrical. WHY WOULD A CAR JUST BURST INTO FLAMES? Chevrolet is not interested in why this happened or the safety of its customers, or my family! I have contacted but they basically said since the insurance company was notified and the car was totally lost, it was now their car, NOT ours, and they would NOT check to see why this happened. It was our car when it burned up!! It was my family that was at risk riding in it! VERY DISAPPOINTED!
I Love my 1993 Dodge Dakota. I am female and have got completely ripped off on repairs. I was lied to ,cheated out of a lot,alot, of money. All say,"its a Dodge" like a problem child. The only problem was they were all liars and thieves and wanted it. So they dogged the Dodge. I still got it and they don't! They(as in "mechanics or just men talking crap about it.),LOL. literally tried to steal it three times on mechanical issues,that were reasonable, if I had gone to an honest mechanic the first time. Had to find one ,it took time and a lot of money later. I paid and paid the thieves. When taken care of ,it is the truck!
I have a LOVE-HATE relationship with this car. I bought it in March of 2013 - it had just come off a lease with 28K miles and it was absolutely pristine! This was my first NON-Ford or GM product, and, after reading stellar reviews about the 7th Gen Maximas, I had high hopes for my first ever Japanese label! Unfortunately, in very short order, I found myself experiencing more quality control issues than in my last 6 vehicles COMBINED! The first thing I noticed was that the heated seats did not work AT ALL. After two trips to the dealer (which involved tearing out the seats and installing new heating elements,) it was discovered that there was a bad wiring harness that was not getting power to the seats. No need to tear out the seats AND scuff up the interior in the process, after all! The car now has 42K miles on it - subsequent repairs included an erratic passenger side window (it stuck wide open, partially open and totally closed, and I never knew when I hit the switch if it would work or not. Dealer replaced the drivers side window switch (that didn't fix the erratic problem) took it back and they replaced both the passenger's side switch, and again the driver's side switch. Who knows what the problem is but the window has been working fine ever since. Other service included acceleration issues for which I discovered there were two Nissan transmission service bulletins that applied only to the 2010 Maximas. I printed them and gave them to the dealer, who subsequently performed the major work (they had the car for 5 days but gave me a loaner.) More issues: The LEDs in the mirror mounted turn signals have shorted out and just plain burned out - the dealer replaced one side while the car was under warranty, I am now ignoring the fact that the one on the driver's side has 2 leds that aren't lighting, as this happened after the 36 month warranty expired - I am told the entire mirror assembly has to be replaced at considerable cost. NICE DESIGN, NISSAN! The day I was taking the car to the dealer for the transmission work, I decided to remove all of the CDs from the 6-disc changer since I knew they would have the car for at least a few days. Bingo - the disc changer suddenly lost its mind, and every time I tried to eject a disc, the changer decided to PLAY them instead! After much frustration and about 20 minutes, I managed to convince the changer that I was the boss, and I ultimately got all of the discs out, only to have the display flash randomly and incessantly. The dealer told me they had replaced the "entire unit" while it was in for the transmission work. Now that the car is out warranty by a few months, three buttons on the "new" radio have quit working entirely, #3, #6 and "AUX" - meaning that I can't listen to the XM radio I am paying for. Vision Nissan does not seem inclined to show any compassion, but I am still working on that issue. I also experienced problems with the front door actuators - any time below 30 degrees, I never knew if the doors would open (Or close) One night after getting into the car just fine, I couldn't get the driver door to close, so I drove 7 miles holding the drivers door closed with one hand and steering with the other! Another time when I was leaving a restaurant, I got into the car just fine when it was about zero degrees, drove 7 miles and then couldn't get either front door to open from the inside. I (at 65 years of age) had to climb into the back seat and exit the right rear door - in the dark, mind you. After I became highly "assertive", Nissan finally agreed to replace both front door actuators. It got warm shortly thereafter, so I have no idea what to expect this coming winter. If the overall design and roadworthiness of this vehicle wasn't so exceptional, I would have parted with it long ago. I can tell you I will never buy another Nissan product as long as I live!
I purchase the GLK350-W2 car last week from Keys European and I fell in love with the performance. The ease of getting in and out of the car. sit up higher than my previous E350-C super super smooth ride and luxury is its statement. comfort seating so much space and very satisfied. keeping in mind the Benz dealer always take care of their costumers no matter what.
05 Santa Fe 3.5L is not a good SUV. No codes showing initially but all of the sudden, car just started idling dangerously high when I started it, when I put in reverse to back up it jerked and was idling so high, it left tire marks when I switched from reverse to drive. It felt like I had it floored even though foot was on the brake and I wasnt giving it any gas AT ALL. I had to drive home with my hand on the emergency brake because it felt like I had no control over the speed. It got a litle better when I got into second gear. Parked, tried to start again that night and same thing. My regular mechanic(who is amazing and has never let me down) spent 2 wks trying to figure out why this car is idling so high and he couldn't figure it out, but he did replace throttle position sensor and it helped a little. He told me to take it to dealership but I don't have the $115 per hour for the dealer to look at it and then charge me an arm & a leg to (possibly) fix it. So I took to another mechanic who wouldn't charge me to diagnose it and he said he got the idle down low enough to drive it. It was fine for about 3 miles, then the car jerked, sounded like it didn't want to change gears or someting, and the check engine light is on now and something is now leaking underneath, looks like coolant or oil, not sure. I don't know anything about cars but I have spent so much money on this piece of crap and it's not even close to being paid off. I will never buy another Hyundai. Any idea on what is wrong please leave in the review section!!! Hey Hyundai ,maybe you could actually start doing recalls on some of these idling/unintended acceleration issues that alot of people are having!
Beautiful vehicle, good truck! Minor wear and tear, except the gas gage has sporadic behavior after 50,000 miles. Looks good and still turns heads!
Love this car although purchased a Honda Civic recently to get better gas mileage the Lexus SC is best car ever owned. I moved here to California in 1998 purchased my Lexus when lived in St, Louis bought used of '94 with 18k miles. Car is very excellent no issues or problems ever had out of it. Comfortable, smooth ride and nice still no paint rust got regular oil changes and routine maintenance. I am currently driving this car at now 200k miles runs flawless great sound system with original 12 disc CD changer and more. This was the best Lexus automobile ever owned love this sporty car fun driving in El Cajon and Los Angeles some of the options are very nice for a nice old used Lexus as this one.
Done 11000 miles since purchase - General performance is OK - I like the MPG at 28-32 on a two way round trip of 32 miles. Don't Likes: Very noisy interior on most roads - Seems like the tires need to be changed for a smoother and quieter ride. This is an annoying problem and or design flaw. Would this car benefit from a better sound deadening material to be installed? Cannot say much for the Sound system when playing CD's - BMW needs to stop putting unnamed 'cheap' / 'nasty' loud speakers in their cars regardless of price points.
I've had my Compass for 8 months. I absolutely love it. If I could change anything, it would be the vents of how the A.C. is set up. It doesn't blow as directly on me as I'd like it to. And, it doesn't have immediate zero to zoom power.
Traded my 01,Lexus Is300 for the 240 6-speed... Car had 77,000 miles on it I've put brakes n rotors on it and a Ac compressor the first year I had it. So far it's been 4 months since n No problems car now has 89,000 on it. No lights on but I Tried to trade it in and was Low balled at 1800 by 3dealers. Guess it's resale value is garbage I thought I would at least be off 4k..