Newest Reviews:
  • 1997 Jaguar XK8 A witch dressed like a queen!!Many problems on these cars 97 to 00 very bad.01 to 03 a little better.I do my own work so i took the risk these cars look great and run great when their are no problems.Water pump plastic BREAKS!Themostat housing plastic BREAKS.Nikasil engine problem. Biggest headache timing chains and tensioners plastic rubbish again! Drink cup holder breaks.Front end weak many problems including bad tire wear.These cars are like babies need constant attention.Many more problems as you will find out.I guess from 03 they improved greatly.Jaguar never confess to the inferior parts and only cover their small mickey mouse warranty.You have been WARNED!
  • 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe I purchased this car new 2004 6cyl 3.5L. It has been the most dependable vehicle I have owned. Only one major problem when a local mechanic installed a timing belt incorrectly and had to get dealership to correct it. Keep it maintained and the car will last. Occasional part replacement is normal for any vehicle. This vehicle has NEVER left me stranded.
  • 2002 Lexus RX300 Bought the car new in 2002 now have 175,000 miles So have very good idea about this car. Had to replace 2 shafts due to rusted or damaged antilock sensors. I was told that the sensor is an integral part of the shaft and when it fails you must replace the shaft, this model has 4 shafts also Had to replace the main drive shaft due to loose joints but in general car is very good. Body has almost no sign of rust, driving is very good. If you consider buying a new Lexus check the shafts issue as this was my problem with the car.
  • 1999 Nissan Maxima I have a 99 the I just got 2 months age- and without complaining to much IT is nothing like my 94 was- did i mention i havent drove it in the last 7 weeks? Has an electrical issue that I haven't been able to trace- sitting at a red light It lost all power- and after replacing the battery- alternator and the ignition switch- still have a sun roof stuck open, no power windows, locks, dash lights, ac, alarm, or door chime! I think its the littlest MAXIMA they ever made- have had all coils replaced and it has horrible gas mileage- but whatever
  • 2006 Volvo S40 I have a 2006 S40, bought it at a Lexus dealer second hand. Went through previous repair documents and car fax. Car was and is still in Excellent condition, and has only 55K miles. However, 2 months after the purchase, the engine light appears on/off intermittently. Now it will not pass smog. Replaced oxygen and pressure sensors, Volvo dealers have had the car for a week and still cannot diagnose the problem. They suspect it is the electrical harness which cost over $2000 part only. Don't know if this will do the fix, I want to stop the bleeding and don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions….?
  • 2011 Hyundai Sonata We have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata that was purchased in 2013. At the time of purchase the car had 57,000 miles on it and now it has 79,000 on the odometer. The car looks great, but we have had the following problems: *Dome Light- The dome light is supposed to come on when the car door is open. The light wouldn't come, therefore the dealer had to replace a switch. COVERED UNDER THE 60,000 MILE WARRANTY *Steering Wheel Paint- The paint is peeling and others are experiencing this problem as well. *Tire Sensor- One of the tire sensors went bad and had to have that replaced. The constant light on in the instrument panel is a headache. *Front Fender- The fender cover is easy to crack. We have two cracks because the plastic is so cheap and flimsy. Don't hit anything because it will ruin it. TOUCH IT AND SEE FOR YOURSELF *Fuel Pump- The fuel pump went out at 73,000. I was backing out the driveway and it just cut off. We had it towed to the dealer and they replaced the fuel pump. COVERED UNDER EXTENDED WARRANTY ($600.00 repair) *Steering Rattle Over Bumps- The steering wheel is now rattling over bumps. They say the part is $9.00, but the labor will cost an additional $200.00. (NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY) *Gear Selector Issue- Sometimes the car doesn't show the selected gear in the gear box. When this happens, the car usually jerks really hard and acts as though it doesn't want to accelerate. We also had other problems where the gear shift didnt want to shift out of PARK. This was fixed under a recall. This car has had several recalls including a recall with the brake system. The radio makes a weird noise at times when the car is started and I don't know what is causing this issue. I also hear a bumping noise that is coming from the back, so this could be something with the suspension. I live in Texas and the AC doesn't start to cool until the car is driven for a few minutes. I thought Hyundai's were reliable, but we have had so many problems with this car. The warranty expires at 100,000 and it will go back to the DEALERSHIP. NO MORE HYUNDAI FOR ME!!!!
  • 2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Buyer Beware!!! we bought a 2009 Volkswagen Rabbit (new) and have had trouble from the beginning. The brakes always squeeked and Smeltz Countryside Volkswagen could never find the problem. Our tire light came on and off and recently, we found out we needed a new engine at 70,000 miles. This dealership sold us a LEMON!! They also told us we needed a new sensor which we ok'd and the cost was $500.00. After the sensor was replaced they told us the engine was bad and it would cost $7,000 BUT before they could confirm it was the engine we needed to pay them $1,000.00 so we paid it. Our car left Smeltz Countryside Volkswagen on a tow truck non drivable and we had to pay them $1,500.00. They couldn't even put the engine back together unless we paid an additional $300.00. Is this normal? I feel ripped off!!!
  • 2006 Kia Sorento I Bought my 2006 kia sorento new in 2006 no problems till these last 3 years replaced headlights bulbs 3 times replaced brake light bulbs 4 times replaced powersteering pressure hose replaced altenator still have to replace air conditioning compressor went out this car is nickle and dime me to death have to keep it its paid off
  • 2007 Volvo C70 I've had my Volvo C70 for about 3 months and I'm really enjoying it. I've had many cars (Jeep, Nissan, Honda, Caddy, Lincolns, Toyota, Acuras... )and I must say that I'm impressed with everything about my Volvo except maybe the ride quality. It can be a rough ride. I have 112K miles on mine and I just completed my recommended service. The dealership wanted over $750, (Nope!!) I bought the parts and a family member performed the service. Overall price, about $175 parts and $100 labor. You will want to have a mechanic because even the oil change for full synthetic, (6+ quarts) is about $90-$110. I have all the features except the front sensors. I get compliments all the time even with the roof up. I'm 6'5" and the seats adjust perfectly for a person of my height and there is plenty of room for long trips. I must say that the car can produce squeaks when the roof is up. It was annoying at first, but to be honest, I'm use to it now. The heat and the air are excellent. A cool night with the top down and the windows up and the heat on.... Perfect! It performs well when merging into highway traffic, and can go from 60 to 85ish when needed. Although I'm still new to the Volvo brand, I hope what I've mentioned above helps.
  • 2003 Ford Taurus Have had great luck with my 2003 Taurus SES ohv 6 cylinder. Have had very few problems, except car at apx. 60,000 miles started sputtering when hot and at red lights, felt like bad gas or a misfire problem. For two years I had it tested for every thing one could be tested for for. Replaced plugs the s p wires, several sensors, ford up dated the computer, complete waste of time. Finally a diagnostic man replaced the " HOT AIR SENSOR, to the left of air filter. Engine light went off and engine is 100% better 3 + weeks ago. Had replaced H A S several months before, didn't help first time , maybe part was defective. Car has 75,000 now. spent apx. 1500 to 2000 trying to fix. but OK now.
  • 2007 Mercedes-Benz G500 A/C FAILES FREQUENTLY AND A/C NOISE CRITERIA IS TOO HIGH. HEADLINER ALSO STARTED TO SEPARATE AFTER 35000 MILES.
  • 2006 Infiniti M35 Having a problem with radio it has all function but no sound .
  • 2002 Chevrolet Impala best car built in two decades.
  • 2009 Dodge Journey i have a 2009 journey r/t after about 60,000 miles the engine seems to have a whining noise lack of power. when the transmission shifts into overdrive or 6th gear the engine starts clattering sounds like a diesel engine. worst vehicle ever owned will go back to chevy or ford from now on
  • 2000 Lexus RX300 I had 2 Lexus RX300. Bought the first one in 1998. It caught fire in 2000, as I was driving to work (10-mile leisurely drive). Total loss. It had about 15,000 miles. Horrible experience with Lexus as we sorted through that. They eventually gave me a slightly used RX300 demo car which I still have. It has 111,000 miles. Muffler gave up at 70,000; the radio at about 80,000; transmission at 100,000. The hatchback is nearly jammed and very difficult to open. Was told it cannot be lubricated, only replaced. Very disenchanted with Lexus. Mine have been lemons, poorly designed, with overly complicated engineering for very simple parts such as a door closure system. Never had such problems with my other cars (Toyota, Honda, BMW, Mazda), except for a Fiat I owned long ago. Not a flattering comparison, but appropriate when it comes to quality.
  • 1993 BMW 525i my 4 ways wont go off can any help me out
  • 2011 Jeep Patriot I have a 2010 patriot. The A/C control module or the blower motor went, the dealership can't make up its mind which. Its comfortable and a nice ride for what I am paying. The control arms suck I have to get them replaced every year for inspection. I don't pay for them any more because of where I get my parts. Same with brake pads and rotors. Not a horrible vehicle.
  • 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Ive owned my mountaineer for the last 4 years and in that time ive replaced a tranny and now am onto the front drivers side wheel hub situation-im a single mother and i cant keep financing repairs on a vehicle that is so old but cuz i had to finance those repairs cant unload the vehicle to get another one--way to go ford--wont buy another one
  • 2000 Jaguar XJ8 I have a 2000 Jaguar xj8l great car if I can keep an engine in it. My first motor only had 46,000 miles needed engine chain broken, 55,000 miles chain broken. I didn't hear any noise, but starter turn but not engine. This should be a recall, I've had the car for almost 3 years and haven't had a 6 month drive out of it. I am really pissed, but I want to keep my Jaguar, I am 65 and have wanted one when I was about 7years old and now Jaguar Corp has really let me down, everyone doesn't have it, the way, CEO, COO Exec. VP, does. Recall, show some love, Jaguar Corp.
  • 2002 Volvo S40 We bought our 2002 S40 about 6 years ago from a dealership. The CarFax report looked good, it only had 72,000 miles on it and we had heard that Volvo's were good cars that lasted a long time. We heard wrong. About a year and half after we got it, we started hearing the most horrible sound from the front axle. The sway bar had worn out and when we looked we saw that the CV boots were destroyed. Then a year later things went crazy. It started revving while we were driving it and we would have to pull over and ram it into neutral as it was the only way to get it to keep from ramming into other cars and pedestrians, then it would die on us when we were driving and again we had to pull on the side until it would start again. Then one day it started overheating and we noticed an eruption of oil from the undercarriage where most car makers would use gaskets to seal their pans Volvo doesn't and oil was erupting out of everywhere. Got that taken care of, replaced the radiator as it had a gaping hole in it, though we are not sure how it got there but we bought a new one and thought we were good to go and suddenly the car wouldn't start. It would turn over but wouldn't start. Checked the OBD codes and fixed each area and got each code removed and it still wouldn't start. So, it turns over, their is fuel, their is spark, their is electricity, timing is dead on, replaced the timing belt and accessories, replaced ignition coils, spark plugs, tons of sensors, there are 0 codes and it still won't start. So I don't think I see a Volvo in my future again...
  • 2003 Buick Rendezvous I myself own a Buick Rendevous. When purchased it had 120,000km it now has 150,000 roughly. The only problem we had was the steering column. I see that was a recall and dont' know if anything can be done now. Had to replace something in the steering column and of course had to get another key. The Dealer would only make one. Well that's okay if your the only driver, I'm not. I was told it would cost 225.00 to have another key made and computerized by GM otherwise it is no good. The one that is no good we use to lock/unlock door.
  • 2004 Toyota Corolla I have a 2004 Corolla LE with 237,000 miles on it. there has only been one issue, the AC stopped, the fan still worked. I looked online and found some info about a relay that would occasionally fail, I went and got one a local parts store and replaced it. 2 hours and $13 later it was all better! This car has been a real trooper and I have no idea what I would replace it with, whenever that times comes. It could be a while, I have a friend with an older Corolla with 350,000 on it. I change the oil every 3000 miles and keep up with all the recommended maintenance items.
  • 2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali 2004 model. Had recall repair for hazard light activation instead of turn signals in use. Occasional hot air from passenger side dash vents instead of cold when AC in use. Service ride control message came on last year. Water pump failure this year causing engine light and hot coolant message. Other than that, four accidents cause by others and this SUV has protected me and my family fabulously! GM needs to spend more research on their electrical issues!!!
  • 2007 Lincoln MKZ 80K miles largely trouble free with regular maintenance. Now the following failed at the same time: Air bag sensor - ~ $1000 Front power transfer unit ~$1200 Driveshaft - $1000 Wheel bearing seized - ~$800 Internet is filled with stories about PTUs and driveshafts failing. Not much I can do about airbag because local mechanics won't service them. 80K and 7 years might be considered the useful life of this car
  • 2003 Ford Expedition This car has earned it's nickname; The beast. It has 260, 000 thousand miles on it has the original drive train in it. Have had to replace all the ball joints, wheel bearings, fuel pump, 5 batteries, rear wiper motor, rear window motor, front power lock motor.... all in all for the miles it has Been great. At 210, 000 miles we used it to tow a car and trailer across the country either no issues. Rocker panels on both sides have completely rusted out, and when you use the remote to unlock the doors, it adjusts the mirrors to the sky. Has gotten US through the rockymountain pass numerous times with ice packed roads. The only car I truly feel safe in.
  • 2000 Cadillac DeVille torque control solenoid is a joke replaced three times more to come too damn pissed off right now
  • 2000 Volvo S80 Dan, Have a 2000 S80 t6 got it sept.2012 brought in in Conn. An it really impressed me, So I purchased it an Drove it home to Philadelphia, Pa. An was in love with every aspect of the car. Kept my fuilds full and oil changes and 87octane on gas , In 2014 I started having problems with the front head lights flickering off an on, Then just would'nt come on anymore, almost instantly the car started idling and sputtering for awhile then calmed down and runs but at light jerks and lose power then speeds up back off , Its weird , Everywhere I take it they dont do VOLVOS cant read the codes they say , Take it to the dearler, The dearler wants a lot of money like its a new car almost more than I paid for the car itself . I love it when it runs , But when its a little problem it turns bad fast and hurt your Pockets.
  • 2005 Buick Rainier I bought this vehicle in 2007 with 17,000 miles on it for half the original sticker. I remember the salesman telling me when I asked him why the big depreciation "this is the best SUV no one has ever heard of". And I would agree. I now have 83,000 hard miles and have had to fix a few things, rear air suspension failed at 80,000 miles, and I am now replacing front wheel bearings. I fiqure that and regular maintence is not unusal and I have been very satisfied with comfort and drivability of this vehicle. I have the V8 AWD and am very happy with power, ride quality and solid feel.
  • 2010 Dodge Charger I have the SXT model with the 6-cylinder 3.5L HO (High Output) engine with the 4-speed 42RLE Chrysler transmission. This car is really fun to drive. Lots of power (250h, which really is impressive for a 6cyl) engine has a nice subtle "purr" to it during normal driving, but at a quick acceleration and WOT (wide open throttle) you can definitely here the engine growl. strong brakes make for a quick and powerful stop, which is great being that this car is pretty heavy. the charger handles well. i would have liked to feel more of a stiff feel with the steering, however, turning at a good rate of speed you can feel the car sway, which is very normal, but seeing that this is in the "sport" class of family sedans, i expected better. still wicked-fun driving on winding roads. Spacious interior. lots of leg room with rear A/C vents in the center console. A/C blows nice and cold, heater can make you sweat. my only issue is that moisture eventually accumulates in the HVAC system which leads to that musty smell. easily fixed with disinfectant/deodorizer. for the men and women that work on their cars at home, changing the spark plugs on this thing is a little more work than usual. it requires removal of the intake manifold to reach the rear plugs. dont freak out though, it sounds more difficult than it really is. other than that, simple maintenance and tune-ups are easily accomplished. oil filter is conveniently located next to the oil pan and easily accessible. this car is "simple" to maintain. overall great car for my family. does a good job getting the groceries and dropping kids off at school, does great out on the open road!
  • 2005 Chrysler Pacifica I have had my Chrysler Pacifica for 9 years ant almost at the 100k mark. Overall I love the space and the way it drives. Has enough space to travel and transport dog. Supposedly it has mercedes parts but compared to most used cars and other pacificas I think I was lucky. I bought new when I graduated. Saved me during recession and payment not too bad. Gets about 20mog and hasnt failed me on the road yet (knock on wood). i agree eith other posts about changing headlights more freequently than any other car. I would say 5 or six times in 9 years, had air condition repair and may have to again no fan but lights up, brakes, and reguar maintenance stuff but to be expected after 9 years. Big fluid and hose work a couple of years ago. overall like its safety rating, latch seating for kids seat, and leg room in middle seat, power outlet off battery, tinted windows, latch on rear door, radio song and artist display, headspace, paint and frame i flexible to stand up to family and nephews ballgames, and the ability to tow boats. Sad they dont make them anymore wish I could upgrade to heated seats and a moonroof :) overall dont feel jaded, lasted longer and drove better than my celica. if it only had wings....