Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Saw my first FJ in 2006 and immediately ran to the nearest Toyota dealer to order the new 2007 VooDoo Blue FJ 4X4 5-speed automatic (a real tough-girl's car)with many extras...have over 100,000 miles now and still navigating the mud and the Chicago expressways with equal ease. Maneuvers better than any two wheel drive American made passenger vehicle I have ever owned. Will never part with it except to buy another one just like it.
I purchased a used 2008 BMW 135i in September 2012. After two weeks, I started having trouble with the adaptive headlights and the dealer wanted $4000 to replace them. From all the research I have done, it appears a lot of other 135i owners have had similar issues with their headlights. Before I could have the headlights replaced, one of the turbos went out and the water pump stopped working. After I paid $2000+ to have the turbo replaced, I found out that BMW had been repairing them at their expense. I contacted BMW and requested reimbursement but they refused. Every two or three weeks, something else goes wrong with the car. BOTTOM LINE, buy this care at your own peril. Save yourself a lot of headaches and expense and DON'T!!!!!!
My previous cars had more style & swag. However this car is the most reliable and almost carefree. I did change the front disc brakes at 50K. The back brakes should be good until 100K (I have 60K miles on it now). I drive it to Vegas 3-4 times a year, and it runs like a beaut! 39 miles to the gallon and not too much noise on the freeway going 75mph for a 4 cylinder engine. I changed the transmission oil and changed the radiator fluid at 50K. That is all I have done to this vehicle. I will keep it for another $100K and then sell it (I have had offers already because it is in almost mint condition). Great car.
I bought my Ford 500 brand new in 2005. This has been the BEST car EVER - the ONLY time it has been in the shop was ONCE - for the a/c compressor. It now has almost 100,000 miles on it - it also has the AWD CVT transmission. I would highly recommend this car. The only brand of car I will drive is FORD- to me - they make the best cars and trucks on the road
I have a Taurus 2000 and it is a good driving car I received this from a relative after he had it for about 6 yrs after purchasing it brand new. He had to replace the engine for whatever reason paid by the factory. No problems there. It is a good driving car but now I wouldnt trust it with too much long distance driving. It needs some repairs its old. Rusting is a problem around the back wheels which I seen on many on the models and with the hard winter, rusting on the sides and underneath would cost a fortune to repair. Some how I hate to replace the car itself it has been wonderful reliable vehicle and could go more miles after 139,900. The problems i now face with repairing is electrical (door), rusting, possibly a wheel bearing (tire making a lot of loud noises, a new paint job on the body to remove hit and miss rust spots and to bring back that nice red color
I'm probably one of the FEW people left who have owned this truck since new...17 years now. I bought this truck at the beginning of the LARGE SUV heyday and gas was a $1.25 a gallon!! Overall, this truck has been SUPER reliable. It has a few design weaknesses, but no real surprises. The things it falls short on, were evident on day one; it guzzles gas and the early models are underpowered and only tow about 1/2 the tow rating well. I have 130,000 miles on it. Pretty low for it's age. I have only fixed and replaced little things. Brakes are a weak point because they were too small from the get-go; they warp disks before the pads wear out. Just replaced the starter after 16 years; it was getting tired. The 4 wheel drive system and powertrain have been pretty bullet proof. A/C system was undersized for this size vehicle, especially in hot/humid climates, but have not even recharged the system in 17 years. I've never had to replace the muffler or even a light bulb. General fit and finish and Ford's lousy paint job complaints are my biggest gripes and all came with the vehicle. If you can afford the gas, there are few vehicles out there with this much overall space and utility!
Dash and gauge lights are too dim... New switch does not fix the problem...
My dad bought me this car used. I love it but its a money pit. There are always problems. It 's nice on the inside and out I just wish it would work regularly. I will not be buying any Isuzu's in my future.
I am the original and only owner of my 2003 Chevy Tracker LT (2.5 ltr) model and now have 169,852 miles on it. I am very happy overall with this vehicle. At 155k did I start to have oil leak issues, stemming from my valve cover gasket. The only low mileage issue I had was the battery cables to the engine go out and that cost me $290. Other than wear and tear on brakes, no big issues. I change oil regularly and do not abuse the vehicle. The exterior paint is peeling off, and I noticed that at around 145k, but that depends on waether and how often it is washed/waxed, but really think it's just he way paint is. This suv has been extremely reliable!
I had my 4Runner since 2002 brand new. There isn't a SUV would drive but a Toyota 4Runner its the best ever. I used to take into a Service Center on S. Prentiss Drive now 222k miles the dealer get serviced Oaks Toyota works on my SUV. Still very comfortably handles, runs and drives great the 6 cylinder is peppy. I did go to O'Reilly changed out spark plugs and air filters but luckily let dealership service oil changes and rotations etc. It's in mint condition never going to get rid of it did get AC repaired in June 2013 but overall very dependable. I would definitely buy another in a heartbeat this 4Runner is great ever driven to Colorado and Tennessee its the best ever had.
I had the car for 13 years - its at 120,000 miles still looks luxury all in the interior cabin. Never had problems few minor things luckily my BMW 530i has been very dependable. Just had a new starter replaced. Gets BMW scheduled maintenance every five thousand miles - change spark plugs at 5,000) get my routine maintenance. My BMW is comfortable runs and drives beautifully not a single problem have from this car. Original everything no oil leaks or dings the paint that was factory on car looks like new in Bronze mist metallic. It rides while it is definitely the Ultimate driving machine. I've got all services records and date in purchased the car get oil changes - fluids changed at five thousand miles there aren't any minimal problems out of my BMW absolutely love it.
Car runs forever this is the best car ever. I purchased it new has 90,000 miles fully serviced very comfortable and looks luxury all inside got everything except nav. System overall love my LS430 such an beautiful car.
My first GM truck went 150,000 miles with only minor repairs(1995 Cheyenne) It is still on the road today! My 2008 GMC 4x4 has had one issue after another. Stuck active fuel management lifter=$3000, bad power windows switch on all doors but Driver, Bad Power mirror switch on the driver, Bad break light switch. The Service Traction Control light comes on at random. The driver side rear door fills with water. The dash has cracked in 2 places and I have had it for 25000 miles. I bought what I thought was a good used truck and have 100000 miles on it now, but this will be my last GM purchase.
this is a great van, I don't understand why they stop making this van. very low maintenance needed to this van if drive properly.
I bought my BMW with 63K miles. At about 68K I started to have issues. The non standard sound system is a joke that has common problems. I can't understand how they get away with putting junk in a car as expensive as these are. My transmission started to leak and it was $1000 to replace a transmission pan and put fluid back in. A week after getting it out of the shop the radiator fan went out and that part is $910 before repairs. Not only did that happen the BMW started to leak oil as well. I have an Escalade with 220,000 miles and I haven't had nearly as many problems as this BMW which is not driven on a regular basis. Just sad and disappointing if you ask me. Bad sound system, leaking transmission, leaking oil and bad radiator fan causing it to overheat.
Good car but poorly designed. Replacing headlights is a real pain but the main problem is the brakes. I've had to have the rotors turned and replaced twice in 60K miles along with the brakes. I have heard this is a common problem for all HHR's.
I bought the car new. Now about 18 months of ownership without any problems. Great interstate cruiser. Mine has the 5.0 liter V8 with ZF 8 speed trans. Routinely get 30-31 mpg on the highway. I would definitely consider another XJ in the future.
My Van has sat for four years from 2009 to 2014 and for the most part, the only thing I had to do was replace all 4 tires. It has 100,000 miles and motor runs GREAT! Really RELIABLE vehicle, for sure! New Tune Up and Oil change and she is as good as new! Starts on the first half crank! I recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs a good reliable transportation; it still has at least 150,000 miles left on her to go! Great Job Dodge! I still see allot of the 95 models driving around as testimony of how reliable they really are!
I have 170,000 miles on my 2006 Ridgeline. Only two minor recalls and no major repairs to date. Drove the first timing belt to 135,000 miles. The water pump was leaking but the belt looked good. Just now having some suspension work, new shocks and anti-sway clips replaced. Overall very, very happy with this truck. Runs smooth and quiet even today. Most friends want to buy one after riding in it. Love the driver's seat adjustments.
OWNED THE CAR THREE YEARS AND TO HAS TAKE MY RETIREMENT FOR REPAIRS. REPLACE FRONT SHOCKS 700.00 REPLACE REAR SHOCKS 982.00 REPLACE 8 OIL SEAL AROUND SPARK PLUGS.880.00 REPLACE FRONT BRAKES AND DISK. 685.00 REPLACE ONE OF TWO WATER PUMPS 780.00. REPLACE TRANSMISSION 6,500.00. SAVE TO BEST FOR LAST. REPLACE ENGINE BECAUSE OF PLASTIC TIME CHAIN TENSIONER, UNBELIEVABLE. COST 10,000.00 MORE THAN THE CARS WORTH. JAQUAR IS ONE OF FORDS RED HEADED STEP CHILD ALONG WITH VOLVO AND LAND ROVER
bought toyota xle new in feb 2002,in april 2011 at 230000 mi.3 head bolts loosen,had to rebour.at 203000 put first set of new brakes on, since then,new starter,cat,and regular maintance things.have now 349000 on this. excellance car
Well I wish we had as much luck as these people who got tremendous mileage and few problems. Our 2005 Hyundai sonata was used we brought it at 55k miles on it, it had a "slight Front end collision" prior we got a great price on the car then about $5600 we paid, looked nice and shiney then. My daughter had a slight fender bender in it, then had to get left light fixed. Then a suirel chewed the wires , of course pep boys in syracuse ny couldn't just check the code and fix the speed sensor for us, no they had to rip us off for the $90 extra plus the after market cost of the part! typical for us females to get ripped off no matter what I try to tell them .. we are surrounded by rip off artist here! The of course we have the tire that's already bad that cost $97 and had a 75k mileage warrenty on it but only got 20k miles, do you think pep boys ever honors there refund replacement policy? NO THEY NEVER DO! They want to charge an additional $65 for a new tire again! and othe rrproblems like Sears liars, and the battery failing 2x, etc etc.. Well just try the highway rip off fir a car any car, here or anywhere, esp if female! The engine is sort of weak, the airconditioniong was replaced for $104, 5k miles later, hot again and no A?C .. (of course we no longer live there).. Then the trim and rubber interior parts keep falling apart.. been glued repeatedly in several areas.. then the computer wiring was messes up for no reason that was another $100 abt, then the wiper blade practically fell off for no reason.. Its ok but the ride is not very comfortable and the car is hot, and cheap, and poor acceleration etc weaker type cheap engine.. its ok for the money but I wouldn't waste too much on it and I doubt it willreally get these great mileages, of course its only a 4 cylinder gl.
I brought my 2000 Astro ($3,250) two years ago from the original owner had 117,000 miles on it. It runs great. He Provided me with all the repair orders he had done. For PM Reasons, I just replaced -- Starter, Alternator, Radiator/All Hoses, Water Pump, Battery, Front/Rear Breaks, Rotors/Drums, Fuel Filter, Inner & Outer Tie Rods, Front/Rear Wheel Bearings, 4 new Tires (50,000 Mile), Transmission, Changed the Rear Diff Fluid, Recharged AC, Serpentine Belt & Complete Tune-up. Total repair cost $7,750 parts & Labor. The only concern I have is prior to my tune-up I would get 420 miles a tank. Now I average 320 not sure what could be the problem? Also I'm hearing thunk noise from my rear?????
I bough4 my super used 2006. She now has 85,000 miles on her. I haven,t had any major problems yet other than an alternator. This truck has pulled out other vehicles from the mud/snow banks. (They weren,t Fords) I plan to keep her as this is the best year for the ps 7.3 engine. I have freinds with 350,000 and higher still going down the road. I average about 1,800 miles a year with her and during the winter I will put one ton of pellets in her once a month for 7 months. It,s about 10 miles from the store to home and she handles it all with no complaints. I would never put this much weight in the back on another make of truck. Don,t trust them.
I love my Tahoe. Its my 3rd bought a used 97 Tahoe in 1999 than trading off on '05 Z71 4x4 than later got my '12. Loved all of them but really like my newer Tahoe hauls my 6 lbs. boat and gets estimated of 21mpg on a V8 engine. I have the LTZ model fully loaded includes a navigation and OnStar systems very comfortable. Handles well got lots of room quiet driving on interstates and smooth on small town highways its really the best SUV I ever had. My Tahoe has 50,000 miles bought it in March 2012 with 15 miles now no problems its still going well for me though wanted another SUV something would have better performance the Tahoe was one of them. Its a gorgeous SUV with lots of features in class equipped with remote start and more definitely top of the line with having all bells and whistles.
I have a 2007 Tahoe purchased doing summer of 07. It was a really great SUV until around 155,000 miles my transmission went in March now starting off having problems with electrical wiring system and engine smells like burning oil. I don't think be looking at another Tahoe as was considering because seems this one is trying to give me trouble my warranty is expired so probably had to pay extra getting these things fixed as paid a fortune on my transmission hate that because really loved this SUV until wanted to buy another newer model.
I use for delivering mail around neighborhoods. It's a well built solid car the 3.8L motor is peppy the Buick is more efficient around winding roads it's so crisp with being a six passenger car. Overall my Buick is in wonderful shape dependable lasting still rides very smooth on roads really pleased with this car. It's flawless plenty of room running like brand new gets estimated of 23mpg just love my car does me well in the mornings and daily commutes.
Car is running OK. I've had 10 accidents but at least my poor little Buick is ticking. Had minimal issues after car has been damaged several times. Under acceleration it smokes bad from rear of exhaust plus engine burns 1quart of oil but still runs like new. Replaced pinions and brakes four times now my rack is leaking very dependable car though looks like someone got mad took their frustration out on my poor car she is a sweetheart to drive. Hate the fact she has been injured so many times some kind of way wish their was a car makeover as with fashion models are giving my car an extreme makeover making look like a brand new car all over again. So far it hasn't stalled though goes through heavier snow I even myself crashed in couple of things after driving around neighborhoods in heavier snow and sleek roads. My driver side window doesn't work anymore or cruise control switched plus my ''ENGINE SOON LIGHT'' is on don't know what the problem could be haven't noticed rough idling or bad acceleration from the car but will have it checked out sooner. I am surprised that my Buick is running flawless to say been demolished lots of times must have been a great dependable car ever assemble in Flint MI won't die yet being in bad shape.
Love this car its the most luxury and reliable car ever had. My Olds Cutlass is 100% the best car ever very roomy and got nice options ever included. Never changed a thing probably replacing things what any other car need as ages. My Olds is gold with a tan leather interior I have the GLS model gets me around town so well. Doesn't burn one drop of oil such a nice looking car full midsized but it rides smooth for a Oldsmobile supposed to be on Malibu platform. Engine/tranny shifts well everything on Cutlass is original.
Good quality car. No problems very excellent on highway.