Newest Reviews:
  • 2008 Lexus LS600h We really like this car. It is very comfortable and dependable. It makes me feel good when I am driving it.
  • 2007 Ford Escape Engine replaced at approx 50K miles (warranteed). Not covered under warrantee: tension pully, V-belt (twice), alternator, electronic component for windshield wiper fluid, rear window cable/motor, NW&T brakes. Noisy ride!!!
  • 2013 Hyundai Accent rust on body under doors
  • 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac The secret is out. This may be the best vehicle Ford has ever produced. This was a one year old dealers personal car. Originally there were some problems, all covered under warranty. The driveshaft had to be replaced, as well as ome other parts. Much later, around 70K, the exhaust system was leaking. The front hubs apparently, like brake shoes, need replacing every 60K. Since then I have been careful with the maintenance, so now it looks, runs and feels like a new car. I replaced the exhaust system with a SS upmarket version. The air intake horn was thrown away and an L and N filter installed. The dealer had a performance chip installed so it runs best on premium gas, with ethanol its OK. The difference in power is quite a surprise. This is a 4 wheel drive with all options. Originally I had the only one in my area. Not anymore. I've done 6 very long distance drives, on one I pulled a sailboat on a trailer , over 4,000 pounds, for 1800 miles, lousy gas mileage.
  • 2005 Chevrolet Equinox solid vehicle. will fill any need
  • 2003 Volkswagen Beetle Purchased an 03 Beetle Convertible for my daughter, 53K miles. Previous owner did not maintain the car very well, so we performed several major mechanical services at an independent VW shop. Everything was great.....for about 2 weeks. This car has been nothing but a headache. Some things minor, most things expensive and exclusive to this vintage Beetle. The roof had to be replaced because the fabric is bonded to the glass...once it starts to separate you CAN'T repair it...it has to be replaced. Last week was $950 for a Bottom Manifold that is exclusive to the 2003 model year only. Yesterday the car finally got the best of us. 48K miles after the last timing belt service, the belt failed and destroyed the engine. I'm a VW guy. Loved my 98 TDI Jetta...327K miles...Great car. My current VW, 2008 GTI, 110K miles....great car. The 03 Beetle is JUNK. DON'T BUY ONE!
  • 1996 Cadillac DeVille car runs good but have problem with oil leak blowing oil and suspension not stable
  • 2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 whate is the sale prise for a Mercedes benz c240 2002 miles is 51000good shape
  • 2005 Jeep Liberty I have a 2005 Renegade. I like the flat hood design on these off-road versions of the Liberty. Here's more proof the Liberty Jeep Renegade is practically perfect: Front-to-Rear locking differential; Jeep-worthy 4wd capability; True low range gearing; Tow bar compatible (you can disengage all four wheels from the engine by placing the x-fer case in "neutral"); Factory tow package; Light bar (creates your own personal daylight); Fog lights; Independent front suspension; 16 gear configuration choices ("2W-lo" in "OD" ; "4W-Hi" in "Drive", etc.); and the #1 reason the 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade approaches perfection: Movie Theater Style Dome Light Dim Sequence! The Liberty is very capable off-road. And despite Consumer Reports findings to the contrary, the Liberty exhibits a fairly quiet cabin with only moderate-low wind and road noise. If it wasn't for window regulator failures I have experienced (six window regulator failures across three windows!), or the need to remove a stuck CD from the radio, and to perform routine, pre-paid maintenance, I could have avoided Folsom Lake Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep's service dept all together. While the road has been bumpy at times (hey, isn't that why I got a Jeep in the first place?), and despite all we've been through, (or directly attributable to, thereof), I can honestly say I love My Jeep!
  • 2009 Cadillac STS Stay on top of the maintenance. Don't treat it like a comaro when its a Cadillac. Don't complain about the small things.. Can't speak for the other sts owners, but mine is fun to drive and looks "saf" (black on mat black) :) peace.
  • 2007 Toyota Yaris Just found this site and wanted to crow about my 2007 Yaris 4-door sedan, bought new out of desperation after my 2002 Intrepid DIED. Hadn't heard of these before going to the dealer. No bells or whistles - manual windows and door locks. I drive 150 mile/day round trip to work - mostly expressway and paved county roads. LOVE this thing. Just turned 327,500 miles. The only non-maintenance work done: New alternator and CD/radio unit. Believe it or not: Still running original brakes. Fun to drive, approx. 40 mpg, still looks practically brand new, and tight as a drum - no rattles. This thing is unbelievable.
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Bought this one new and have suffered numerous problems since day one. Started with a steering column wire harness recall. Then the right rear shock failed. Both transmission and engine oil pan weld nuts for the drain plug failed at the first oil change. (bad welds) Then one of the a/c vents fell apart. I was able to carefully reassemble it. At 50k the right front wheel bearing failed. It failed again at 75k. At 74k the front differential bearings failed and it can only be replaced, not repaired since bearings come from Poland and significant careful shimming is required to replace them. OEM Michelin tires were incredibly noisy. This is my wife's car and she babies it, so there is no abuse. This is probably the worst car we have ever owned. My second Benz and even worse than the first so this is probably the last one we ever buy. Keeping it since we have spent so much repairing it that I can't justify selling it at a loss.
  • 2010 Chrysler Town & Country Seventh Chrysler minivan in our household, and this 2010, like two others, has a trans problem. Three times in dealer to fix, each time a three day wait for parts/assembly, but not fully resolved. Yes, this is the third time! Driver's seat wearing fast, due to cheap material. Four light bulbs have burned out. Constant flow of warm air from vents, apparently air being heated by engine, even when on 'cold' setting. Hook to hold clothes in back seat, broke !! I've had it, with these Chrysler vans !! Last one in our home.
  • 1996 Honda Accord Bought new in 1996. I'm the only driver. Just turned 80K miles. Damn good car. Scheduled maintenance only, for the most part.
  • 2009 Mercury Grand Marquis just purchased with 33k miles and runs like a champ. much safer than other cars previously owned.
  • 2010 Dodge Journey 38,000 miles and getting ready to replace third set of brake rotors. First time was re-machined and did not last. Then dealer replaced with newer version of Original Equipment. Now 21000 miles later, same thing allover again. Vehicle initially good value for money, but is now becoming a liability.
  • 2008 Jeep Wrangler I purchased my 2008 Wrangler, brand new, off the lot. I love it, but, I've made a few changes, to enhance my enjoyment of this off-road animal. Truly, after 57,000 miles, the V6 engine is just coming into its own, with power increasing as it wears in. However, one problem with the V6 is low end (RPM) torque; it sucks. This is most noticeable when "rock crawling" in 4WD. What I did to improve it (the low end torque), considerably, was to install a glass-pack muffler. Also installed a K&N type, reusable air filter. The filter didn't noticeably help performance, but made it easier to clean the filter after a run in the desert. Another item: I've read several posts regarding oil level issues with this engine. After reading one post in this regard (about six months ago) I checked my oil between oil changes. It was at the add line, and it freaked me out, to say the least. I started searching, and came across a post that talked about how a dysfunctional PCV can cause excessive oil consumption. Sure enough, when I changed out the PCV, oil consumption went to 0.0 quarts/oil change. Also, I've found that the oil change businesses (at least in my area) have six quarts as the replacement quantity for my 2008 Wrangler. Wrong! it's five quarts. Check to see if you've been overfilled by your oil provider. This could cause problems, well beyond my simple understanding of the reciprocating engine.
  • 2003 Hyundai Sonata Our 2003 V6 has been in the auto repair shop for three weeks now they repair man says he has one fuel line and that the other is on back order, we even called the mfg, he was nice but still no results,tired of waiting. help
  • 2005 Subaru Forester Stiff Ride, watch out for pot holes it's very stiff suspension. Great on flat road and handles well on smooth roads. Slightly under-powered, though the only option is to get thier Turbo which comes with it's own problems. Paint is very, very thinly applied and chips and peals very easily. POOR PAINT JOB. Have done all the services on it at specified times and even the 3-4,000 mile oil changes. The car only has 54,000 miles and Subaru just told us at an oil change appointment that it needs an engine head gasket, steering rack replacement(no problem with steering but leaks) so recommends replacement not repair, and thermostat replacement. That's A LOT for a well cared for SUV. ALSO, since the car is always in 4-wheel drive...if you need to replace one tire you need to replace all four to keep even rotational travel on all axles. It, at this point, will cost more than the car is worth! Subaru may be a safe car but it is cheaply made. Seats rip, plastic controls...black paint wares off, etc. Handles well but not worth it! Other cars handle well too but don't have as many problems so soon at low mileage! Stay away from SUBARUS!
  • 2006 GMC Envoy I've had mine for six years and have loved it for six years. I drive it like i stole it and have not had any issues. However, i am now discovering that if you would like to save money by replacing parts yourself get ready to add several specialty tools to your toolbox. So far everything i have replaced has required a special tool.
  • 2001 Nissan Maxima 2nd owner. Overall car is great. The engine light has been on since I have owned it. All issues are with emissions (Sensors and Catalytic Converter). Everything else works fine. Slight issue with tranny going from 1st to 2nd. I think I need to replace tranny fluid. I would recommend. Gas mileage not to good (19 to 22 mpg).
  • 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Have 95K miles but three major problems. Radio works only when it wants to. Sliding doors work only when they want to. And drinks oil like its going out of style. No oil leaks. Ready to trade!
  • 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe AC will freeze you out. Gas mileage is around 20/21 mpg in town, 24/25 on the road, not what I would like for it to be. Handles very well. Had this car about a year now and need to have timing belt changed, previous owner "thinks" it was new when he bought it two years ago. I know it needs a tune up and that may help my MPG issue. It has 120000 miles on it.
  • 1991 Oldsmobile Bravada ok so some guy writes anything after 1970 is a joke for gm well I find that hard to believe if you check out some of the cars in that era the 75 trans am for instants one of the most famous used in smokey and the bandit and do you thing the bandit would drive junk lol anyway back to my bravada I picked it up for 500 bucks and I love my car it had been sitting for about two years and my buddy told me if you can tow it home its yours so I said why tow it he said its got 2 year old gas in it and a flat tire and probally needed a new battery went over pumped the tire hooked up the jumper cables turned the key started right up haven't had a problem since and that has been about a year ago so don't me mad if you got a lemon gm is still the best in my eyes
  • 2005 Audi A4 i have had so many problems with m car but i love it and will pay for whaever reapairs t needs
  • 2004 Volvo XC90 We bought it new in 03. We have 165K miles on it. All service done in Dedham, Mass. Its been a great car. I am planning on getting at least 250K on it. All repairs, service, tires, brakes, exhaust, everything averaged about $1200 per year. I am happy. Can't wait for the new XC90 PHEV. I own 2 other Volvo's and our experience has been the same on both. The Dealer makes a lot of difference.
  • 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Canadian model, 2004 have 465Km, still going strong
  • 2001 BMW 525i We bought our 2001 525I , 6months ago and we are the 3rd owners. We are at 167,000. Its in the shop now for an oil leak upper compartment of the engine, but not the head gasket issue. We replaced the back tires and a couple of oil changes since purchasing it for $3200. we bought it from a guy that had a 325 as well. This has been a great car. Great on gas coming from a F150 v8. My only complaint about this car is being a passenger 6fttall Iin the backseat and a 6ft tall person in the front seat. Not much room. But the 4 door model is nice when its just my partner and I and our dog. We will definitely enjoy driving this machine for another 100k plus.
  • 2010 Nissan Rogue when cranking in the morning sounds like lifter tapping are Rob and knocking
  • 2010 Ford Fusion Computer chip controlling throttle went nuts 2 weeks after buying it 4/2013. It took a month of fighting with CarMax Ford and two Ford repair shops to get it fixed. Seems there was a recall in 2013, but prior owner did nothing about it. Check with Ford directly to see if your model has had a recall.The 4cyl. has had the most problems.