Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I have a 2002 dodge ram 4.7 4x4 , went to drive it home , had no power RPM went up to 5000 reved high then truck shut down , was able to tow home , but got home and can't move motor I think it's seized or transmission its gone ? Anyone know ?
Bought a 2001 S430 used. I've had four MBZ, 1979 240D, 1980 280SE, '82 380SEL. A 1983 380SL which I still have which has nearly 300,000 miles. The 2001 is pathetic. Repairs constantly, AC is intermittent (AZ weather!), electrical anomalies, and no door lock switch on the drivers door. Head rests that flip down and not up, trunk does not open with key fob, doors do not lock with key fob. Windshield washer tank goes empty by itself. Constant warnings of R & L blinker reflectors?? etc, etc. It is just not what MBZ stands for! It is the only vehicle I have ever had that has a warning light if a warning light goes out. BUT, I love the brakes!!
I have a 2003 GMC Envoy XL SLE purchased brand new. Parked in heated garage, 205,000 miles. Speedometer died at 101k miles tach died at 175k. GMC instrument cluster is ripe with problems so i removed it and had it rebuilt for $150. See youtube for repair shops and how to remove, the removal and installation of the cluster is so easy and took 10 minutes!. Dealer wanted $1,000 4 years ago. I should have done this three years ago, If you get it rebuilt do the complete cluster as eventually all of the gauges will die. Rear speakers have died and i think that is my next fix. I have replaced brakes myself that is so easy as well. New Disk and pads throw away the old and replace with Premium Parts do not use less then premium parts as the brakes will chatter and wear way too soon. The rear Glass tailgate hatch mechanism will fail, i need to learn how to replace that. Help on that would be appreciated. Replaced both the Wheel bearing and did Upper control arms and tie rod ends. that took a few days but i saved over $900. The Rear back up light reflectors will fail, fill with water and cause the socket to require replacement. That was a very easy project and reflector and socket cost less that $30 per side. Engine is 100% great Transmission is 100% great because i have the towing package with trans cooler. I have never towed but the cooler protects and enhances the life of the transmission. My wife and i love this car and lament the day we will have to say good bye. Maybe one of the kids will take it after college.
My 2009 Sante Fe started acting up - when starting it, it would not fire up. Ist time - it finally clicked in after 3 tries, the next time (2 days later)it didn't . It just made those gear noises and wouldn't fire. Called the Hyundai dealership, said to tow it in so they could have a look. We called CAA to tow it. After explaining the problem to the guy who came, he first wanted to take a look under the hood before towing it. As soon as he did he shook his head and asked who sold it to us as there were two wires attached to the battery for rust prevention. He said having that hook up is one of the reasons the battery level was low - it used up too much juice. Advised me to detach these wires as they cause more trouble than they're worth. He also told me if it happens again, to press the lock and the unlock buttons on the key at the same time. This will reset the system and the car will run. It worked. Never have I been told about these wires and this "firing problem" and how to solve it at the dealership. That CAA guy was worth his weight in gold! Ottawa, ONT 20 April 2015
I have 70,000 miles on my 2008 honda accord. Every 20,000 miles I have to replace brakes. I have A/C problems, blows hot air (off and on). I had VTC changed under TSB at 55,000 miles and now the same engine problem is occuring, which i will have to pay for. It goes through oil (consuming) it. I have to add a quart every 2,000 miles. Recently, the starter went out $500 and the power steering pump was replaced ($400) because they said it was leaking too bad and would cause an engine fire. Both not under warranty or recall (honda said) I contaced NHTSA as well as Honda America. Honda America is ignoring me.....I HATE MY HONDA ACCORD.....and i will never buy another one. I HATE HONDA AMERICA !!!!! HORRIBLE CAR. I plan to sue them......
I have a 1998 Dodge B3500 conversion van by Pleasureway. The excessive rear end sway was nearly totally eliminated by installing 2"spacers on rear wheels and raising air pressure in rear air bags to 75lbs.Front steering problem (wander) improved by replacing all four ball joints, shocks & steering damper. Steering wheal still wanders a bit, but havingit checked on 4-22-15. I'll let all know outcome.
4 wheeling machine but fuck the 3.o
i got one of these for free from my mother everything about this car impressed me i jumped it on a daily basis and it n ever broke one time
i have a 95 hyaundai and ive done everything in that car that ive ever done to any 4wd i know these are very reliable cars
98 Blazer LT 4x4 144,000 miles owned now two months. Truck is very Roomey but hard on front end arms and brakes.Replaced activator in drivers door and speakers after buying it with only f/l speaker working also had to replace l/f door light switch to fix interior lighting and key in ignition chimes when ever key was in ignition..Good truck for The cheap $1500.00 i paid for it. But have put 1k in it to make it a real bargain including tires, shocks, new gas cap, speakers and door jam switch and activator also left inner and outter ball joints and pittman arm still shakes on rough roads and leaks oil by bell housing area also light shaking on idle but gets the job done
I have a 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T that I bought used. I bought the car in June of 2014 and it had 60,000 miles on it. It is very clean, inside and out. I took it to Midas for an oil change and the mechanic said that whoever owned it before me took very good care of it. It has new tires, new brakes, and the body is in great shape, except for the lip on the front of the hood. The paint is bubbling. It's not rust, because the hood isn't metal. The interior of the car is spotless, the radio is awesome. I love this car. No mechanical issues. I have put 5000 miles on it with no problems. I love this car. My trunk doesn't hold water when it rains either.
Hello returning 2002 mercury mountaineer ford dealership owner i wanted to tell you what the black leaking fluid is on my left front tire and the knocking/popping noise is when you turn I need to replace the transfer case ultimately it will cost me 2,000 to fix I have now owned my 2002 mountaineer for three years and will have almost $15,000 into it not including gas and insurance got it at 92k it now has 145k and eventually if I don't fix it it will tie up my awd and my truck will not drive for 50,000 miles and gas price of 2.49 a gallon and let's face it gas got to almost $4 gas alone is a little more then 20,000 so we're up to 35,000 (a house) my insurance cost me around 120 times that by 36 so now we are at $40,000 in 53,000 miles
Need to have a zero reliability, I would give a zero.
Hi my name is Errol 306,000 and still going
I like my Avalon Limited BUT ..... I just learned that to replace my headlight bulbs they need to remove the bumper ( P&L) runs over $500 for both lights - my older Camry cost $30 for parts and 25 min of my own labor. What kind of car co. would build a car that requires removal of the bumper to change the bulb. Although other elements in the car seem to work well after my 8 years of owner ship I am extremely worried what other lame brain ideas guided the decisions that will effect the owners ability to repair their car as it gets older. My other complaint is the suspension which is getting loose, noisy, and less luxury in feel. ( however part of the blame goes to Louisiana roads which are substandard to say the least ) Hope I won't be on the site in a few years complaining about repair cost for things I don't even image yet. I kind of feel like Toyota ( which I have trusted for my last 3 cars) has let me down, hope to be proved wrong !
passenger seat back doesn't in position
Traded wife's BMW 328 for a 2010 C300 with 24000 miles. Have had it 8 months. It has been back to Mercedes 3 times with loss of all power steering fluid, twice in last two weeks. Dealership can't fix problem and charge $300 - $450 each time. Not enough dealerships in the Nashville area to service cars they sell. Impossible to schedule service times unless the vehicle is towed in. First and last Mercedes we will ever own. My wife is driving my BMW and I am in a rental because the dealer doesn't have any loaner. Going back to a BMW.
i love this truck
This is my wife's car. She purchased it new in 2,000. Rides excellent, minimal road noise. Large interior. Normal maintenance performed. Have 140,000 miles on it currently (2015). Has run with little problems until now. The heater core needs to be replaced along with a/c compressor. Can drive it however if I use the ac or htg. we smell antifreeze. I recently received an estimate to fix these two issues, $2,300. Looking for another repair estimate currently. Hate to replace it but may have to.
I have a low compression on #2 engine cylinder. If you have water coming in your car it's from your rear tail lights! The gaskets are made of form not rubber 2" thick??? The cheap way to fix it,, is with making tape and tube of clear 100% silicone calking. Go around the outside of the tail lights, it will last for years. I have 180,000 miles, real nice car. You can get big cars now with 30 mpg for the same price.
No problems with 2013 Edge and at 43K. Overall very happy. Great turning radius.Excellent ride and leg room. Syn nav will sometime lock up. Low marks on interior because there is no place to put your stuff except in the armrest bin. Drink holders needed in lower front doors. Not so sure about the "nitogen filled" tires never needing to be filled. I have had low TP every year. (No leaks or flats involved). AC speeds are like other Fords - very high or very low, no matter what it says.
My 2004 caddy deville now has 225,000 miles on it. Being a mechanic for 34 years I know this engine. There are alot of pattern failures on this vehicle each one replaced. Head gaskets , Transmission 741 code ( Solenoid ) etc etc. I fix my own cars and immaculately take care of them. This car with the repairs and failures was a challenge. Don't listen to the manufacturer. Change the Oil and the Filter every 2500 to 3000 miles , drain and flush the radiator fluid , changing the hoses and dexcool. If you do a brake job blow out the Fluid and put new fluid in the system after 100,000. Do your transmission fluid changes every 50000 miles. This car has to be kept cool and lubed. Good Idea to put a good lube treatment in the fuel tank, such as Lucas Fuel conditioner. The fuel today is a very dry fuel because of the lack of lead and the additives such as ethanol.They don't have it precisely correct, it wouldn't be a bad Idea to add this conditioner to the fuel and once every fill up. It will be worth it. It adds Lubricity to the system, great for the injectors and the fuel pump which has an internal jet pump etc. All this needs to be done because it is an 8 cylinder aluminum engine. Fluids are dry, fuel etc. Think of any car as a big friction machine. lube the shit out of everything and you wont have a problem. But there are generic pattern failures with this car that shouldn't happen to a 48,000 to 50,000 dollar car new. It doesn't matter how well you maintain it. It is a heavy car and the light aluminum parts will go sooner than later. Always use a good replacement part,many have upgrades after pattern failures were reported. Use A/c Delco , Denso, Timkin, GM , or Moog Hub bearings Moog Front end parts etc. Always try to get original GM parts but Moog and Denso Standard have upgrades and excellent quality control sometimes better than GM. Enjoy
I bought my 2007 Taurus in Dec. 2010 with 65850 miles. I had a $1200 heater repair in 2012. It only gets 17 mpg but was a comfortable, reliable car which I enjoyed until today. With just under 108,000 miles on it, the transmission is going. I'm really angry as I expected to get 150,000 or more from this car. No more Fords for me.
I bought this car used with 89,000 miles on it and loved it. It was a very reliable car and decent on gas. The only problem I ever had with it was the fuel regulator. Other than that all I ever put into it for work was routine maintenance and break pads. Motor still ran great when I retired it at 258,000 miles when the transmission went. Considering miles I don't feel it was a bad vehicle at all.
I bought a 2011 in late 2010--Hyundai Sonata and it was a big mistake to buy the first model year. With less than 48,000 miles it's been in the shop at least eight times for (thankfully) warranty work (poor quality manufacturing). The car looks nice inside and out but it gets poor gas mileage and has tons of electrical problems. I bought and drove Hondas for 30 years and will return to them after I get rid of this Sonata.
test review
Dont buy NISSAN, DON'T BUY, DON'T BUY, DON'T BUY, DON'T BUY
I bought my 2010 new, and I notice difference. I've had problems soon after buying it. -plastic on the back/trunk area, broken after oil change. -got dealer to replace, but the broken pc still inside you could hear it -front lights keeps blown out -steering issues OMG -Left coil snapped at 4th year mark -Right coil snapped before 5th year mark -winter: engine too noise, vibration too much -armrest covers starts to come off for no reason -brakes changed and now squeeking like mad
I need help I live in Costa Rica one day coming back home I Park my dodge Nitro 2008 , 2.8 cc Diesel and surprise fire from the Engine... My problems I can't get replacement parts in Costa Rica I have been looking for 4 months and nada used or new parts, the engine still work but I need to replace every thing Buster, alternator, censors, fan, belts all plastic components. Please If you where can I go let me know Use or new rolanmcr@gmail.com