2006 Ford E-350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Ford E-350
- What's ballpark cost each for replacing a starter and also an alternator?
- All 3 rear brake lights do not work. Flashers and brake switch do work.
- gauge staying below cool, no over heating, changed temp switch
- how do i prime the oil pump on 06 5.4lt ford E350
- how long it take to change a oil pump on 5.4lt what does labor guide call for
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 Ford E-350 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
The spark plugs may become dislodged from the cylinder heads. A loud popping noise can be heard and a subsequent misfire experienced. The threads on the spark plug ports in the cylinder head(s) can become stripped or missing when the spark plug is dislodged. The threads in cylinder heads may be replaced using “Lock-N-Stitch” aluminum inserts. Our technicians tell us thread replacement is performed when the vehicle is out of base warranty. Vehicles under base warranty receive a new cylinder head.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
2006 Ford E-350 Questions
Problem is always present. No apparent corrosion of ground wiring. Rear running lights work fine. Brake controller for electric brakes is working.
when turn key on all the clusters max then read , the temp goes below C
i need the length of time called for replacing oil pump on 06 ford e350 5.4lt vin “L”
2006 Ford E-350 Recalls
An internal fault may develop within the multi-function turn signal switch. This can affect turn signal, tail, hazard, and/or brake light operation. Non-functioning exterior lights could increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the multi-function switch to correct this concern. This recall is scheduled to begin on August 15, 2011. The Ford recall number is 11C18.
Vehicles equipped with the 5.4L V8 may leak from weak areas in the fuel rail crossover hose. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may start a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel rail assembly. The recall began March 3, 2008. The Ford recall number is 08S02.
Ford recalls 2006 E150, E250, E350 Escape, Expedition, F150, Ranger, Taurus, Lincoln Navigator, Mercury Mariner, and Mercury Mountaineer due to a possible lack of lubricant on the wiper motor output shaft gear. Eventually, loss of wiper function will result. Dealers will grease the wiper motor gears as necessary.
2006 Ford E-350 Reviews
208,000 and still a good, strong running vehicle. Some minor electrical issues (power door locks) and leaks/weeping (oil pan, power steering). Only engine problem is occasional misfiring and the high cost to check/replace plugs and boots.