Ford Bronco Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Bronco
- EGR system tubes can break and cause leak/noise
- Problem With Double Cardan Joint May Cause Virbation/Noise at High Speeds
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- "No start" and stalling due to ignition module failure
- Upper Intake Manifold Gasket May Break and Get Drawn Into Engine
- Is it possible to install a drivers side airbag? Buying truck for 16 year old son. Safety is a concern of course
- What is @ cost to replace the AC in '93 Ford Bronco?
- My Speedometer quit working on me. What could cause this?
- Transmission Fluid
- New battery, car starts, did not start it again for 1 week, now battery is dead
Ford Bronco Problems
Tubes for the EGR system (exhaust gas recirculation) can break, causing an exhaust leak and noise under the hood.
If there is a vibration or noise at highway speed, it could be from the front driveshaft and may require replacement of the double cardan joint. A double cardan joint is a type of driveshaft joint that uses two universal joints.
If a noise from the rear end is heard when going around turns or after driving at highway speed for an extended period, this could be caused by a failing deferential clutch kit. An updated differential clutch kit available.
Ford Bronco Questions
Okay I found out why it kept dying on me when I come to a stop. The transmission filter had come loose and was just laying in the pan. So I replaced that and change my fluid. Now it says for that motor with the deep transmission pan, that's what I have, that it takes 6 quarts, after filter, t...
I replaced the battery and the car started right away. I didn't use the car for about a week. When I tried to start it after that the battery was dead. I made sure that nothing was left on. I exchanged the battery with another new one, the car started right away. I took it to the auto place t...
when i start it runs fine when i step on the gas it idles high an never stops
Ford Bronco Recalls
Ford Bronco Reviews
My '96 Eddie Bauer has been and still is an excellent vehicle. I now have over 315,000 miles and going strong. It has passed the emissions test every year with no problems. I've change the water pump, and starter, idler pulley, tension pulley, last year the drive shaft because I didnt want to rebuild the cardon joint. I had the transmission rebuilt 2 years ago because the torque converter was a...
At 287,000 miles this beast is still rolling along with minor trouble. A 5.8Liter Automatic with. O.Drive. 4x naturally. I'm a pro mechanic with a Mobil repair business so I am constantly on and offloading tools, parts, etc. No problems even with this truck having been in an accident while previous owner was off-roading. Got my moneys worth 10 times over. Can't kill it. Only drawback to this la...
my bronco has idled high ever since i got it.we've adjusted everything possible and can't hear any vacuum leaks.what could it be?