Ford Bronco Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Bronco
- EGR system tubes can break and cause leak/noise
- Problem With Double Cardan Joint May Cause Virbation/Noise at High Speeds
- "No start" and stalling due to ignition module failure
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Upper Intake Manifold Gasket May Break and Get Drawn Into Engine
- At 1200-1300rpm @30-35mph the car surges or jerks.
- Auto transmission acting up after filter and fluid change
- will not crank.electrics come on. speedo sweeps and ODO has strange readout
- Ive failed the NOX part of the emissions test only. What can I do to fix this?
- 89 Bronco Starts, I put it in gear and it shuts off. What do I do?
Ford Bronco Problems
Tubes for the EGR system (exhaust gas recirculation) can break, causing an exhaust leak and noise under the hood.
If there is a vibration or noise at highway speed, it could be from the front driveshaft and may require replacement of the double cardan joint. A double cardan joint is a type of driveshaft joint that uses two universal joints.
Ford Bronco Questions
5.8 lt when driving there is no real power max speed about 30 mph runs back and forth thru 1st 2nd and 3rd. What would cause this and how can i fix it.
Engine will not crank. The electrics come on. Speedo also sweeps back and forth and ODO has strange readout. I've seen the sppedo and ODO issue before but never had a no crank issue until now. Are they related?
the Arizona standard is 4.0 and I received a 5.27. This is for the Eddie Bauer Edition.
Ford Bronco Recalls
Ford Bronco Reviews
My '96 Eddie Bauer has been and still is an excellent vehicle. I now have over 315,000 miles and going strong. It has passed the emissions test every year with no problems. I've change the water pump, and starter, idler pulley, tension pulley, last year the drive shaft because I didnt want to rebuild the cardon joint. I had the transmission rebuilt 2 years ago because the torque converter was a...
At 287,000 miles this beast is still rolling along with minor trouble. A 5.8Liter Automatic with. O.Drive. 4x naturally. I'm a pro mechanic with a Mobil repair business so I am constantly on and offloading tools, parts, etc. No problems even with this truck having been in an accident while previous owner was off-roading. Got my moneys worth 10 times over. Can't kill it. Only drawback to this la...
my bronco has idled high ever since i got it.we've adjusted everything possible and can't hear any vacuum leaks.what could it be?