Ford Tempo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Tempo
- Poor Idle, Engine Stalls, Hesitates on Acceleration
- Speedometer Operation Affected and Poor Transmission Shift Quality
- Poor Performance, Hesitation on Acceleration, Possible Stalling
- Poor Running at Idle, Possible Stalling, Possible Codes in Computer for Rich Fuel Running
- Automatic Transmission Shifts Hard
- how do i change the track for the automoatic seat belt for the drivers side
- Won't shift out of 1st 'til engine warms;then it's relatively normal
- someone "helping" me on the 91 tempo mixed up the starter solenoid wiring...can
- Do all 3 bolts that hold the starter in face the same way can't get top bolt in
- the battery is new and the connections are good, but no power goes to anything.
Ford Tempo Problems
Sludge build up in the throttle body can cause a poor engine idle, stalling, and/or hesitation. The correction is to install a new idle air control valve spacer kit to prevent the sludge build up, set the base idle, and clean the throttle body.
The vehicle may lose vehicle speed signal, which can affect speedometer operation and transmission shift quality. Most often the Vehicle Speed Sensor is faulty, however, at times, the driven gear inside the transmission is at fault. Replace the Vehicle Speed sensor and inspect the driven gear upon sensor removal.
Outdated software in the engine control processor can cause poor engine performance, hesitation on acceleration, and possible stalling problems. The processor will need to be replaced to get the updated calibration.
Ford Tempo Questions
Problem is consistent;I just drive the slow lane 'til the healing occurs...daily....for quite sometime now-couple months
someone please explain which wires go to each post...thank you
Can't get top bolt to line up correctly and start without crossthreading. Does the top bolt go in from the opposite direction? Please, say it does... If possible, text my phone at (970)-630-6393 as my internet reception out here really bites. I can get texts usually, but internet is very slow...
Ford Tempo Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1992-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models with 3.8L engines, 1994-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models with 3.0L engines, 1992-1994 Tempo and Mercury Topaz models with 3.0L engines, 1994 Tempo and Mercury Topaz models with 2.3L engines, and 1992-1994 Lincoln Continental models in certain cold weather states for an issue with the engine electric cooling fan. During high winds, low temperatures, and drifting snow, the fan could become blocked or frozen with snow. This could cause the fan not to rotate and ultimately overheat. Dealers will install a harness with a circuit breaker to protect the fan motor from overheating.
Ford Tempo Reviews
owned this car since new , can't complain , it's been great reliable transportaion all these past 20 years..sure it's had a few problems in 20 years (what car wouldn't) but it's been and still is the best ,longest lasting car i've ever owned . i still drive it daily and hope i get another 20 years out of it
I have a 94 tempo and it's been a good car it has 363798 mile on her and still does not burn any oil ,motor is strong and great on gas about 25 city and 32 highway but the inside of the car is falling apart so all in all a pretty good car
272,000 miles still going, AC works good. original engine, tranny