Ford Mustang Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Mustang
- got a P0111 dtc ....... cleaned MAFS and plug-in .........
- when turning right or going over a speed bump/thunk noise/upper right side/below
- Looking for an honest exhaust mechanic in the Bay Ridge / Sunset Area to do a Catalytic Converter Replacement on my 95 mustang.
- My mustang won't crank, its turning over but seems to be starving for gas?
- The rear left parking lights (2 of 3) on my 2013 ford convertible aren't workin
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Ford Mustang Problems
If a squeaking noise is heard while turning the steering wheel, the outer tie rod ends may be worn and should be replaced.
It is not uncommon for the intake manifold and/or valve cover gaskets to develop a coolant or oil leak. Leakage from the intake manifold may result in coolant in the engine oil. Coolant mixing with the engine oil severally impacts the lubrication ability of the oil. Internal engine may result if this condition is not repaired promptly.
The synchronizer shaft for the camshaft position sensor can cause a loud squeak or chirping noise due to failure of the upper bushing. The noise may be erratic and is usually present when the engine is warm.
Ford Mustang Questions
cleared dtc,and it has not returned ....... is there still a chance I might have a bad MAFS? vehicle runs nicely .......
The fuel pump is good. The fuel filter is not clogged. It will try to crank and sometimes catch but act like it is not getting enough power to stay crunk but shuts off. As I was driving home one day it just shut off, no warning or nothing and have not been able to stay cranked since. Can you giv...
Ford Mustang Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Ford dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Certain vehicles may have been assembled with a transmission range sensor (TRS) that was calibrated out of specification for reverse gear. If this condition exists, the transmission may not properly engage reverse gear and/or if reverse gear does engage, the "R" indicator on the dash or the backup lamps may not illuminate. These conditions increase the risk of a crash or a pedestrian being struck due to the vehicle's not signaling it is in reverse. Dealers will inspect and replace the transmission range sensor as necessary to correct this concern. The Ford recall number is 12C23.
It was found that a small female (5th percentile) sitting in the front passenger seat, with the seat in the forward most position and not wearing the seat belt, may be subject to neck injury if the air bag deploys in a crash. Dealers will reprogram the Restraint Control Module free of charge. The recall began March 3, 2008. The Ford recall number is 08C02.
Ford Mustang Reviews
I purchased my 03 mustang v6 coupe in 04 with 24000 miles now has 163000 on it and runs like a dream I have replaced the tranny once but was my fault so replaced with t5 from ford racing I have no complaints about this car and is still considered my baby. It has the pony package so basicly its a GT with a v6 also did not like the handling when I bought the car so changed the rims to 17x9.5 car ...
2000 Ford Mustang drives and handles well on dry roads, good on wet roads, has a little sway at higher speeds but still handles well has good response in body sway. Good gas mileage, quiet engine some road noise inside cabin on some roads but otherwise quiet and comfortable with good quality tires. Suspension is firm and steering is responsive. Heating and air conditioning work well air conditi...
I have 130k miles on my 06 mustang GT. Runs great No major issues. I have aftermarket air intake, exhaust, performance tires, and performance tune. I ride it rough... I love it!!! (Manual trans)