Ford Mustang Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Mustang
- I have a code problem.the code is P0453, any help or advise?
- Unexplained acceleration at stoplight with foot on brake.
- My mustang power steering get tight to turn when I turn my wheels to either side
- Some squeak noise on the motor, but just when I turn the ac on,any idea? Thanks
- Why does my car shift smoothly from 1st to 2nd but will not shift into 3rd?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Ford Mustang Problems
If a squeaking noise is heard while turning the steering wheel, the outer tie rod ends may be worn and should be replaced.
It is not uncommon for the intake manifold and/or valve cover gaskets to develop a coolant or oil leak. Leakage from the intake manifold may result in coolant in the engine oil. Coolant mixing with the engine oil severally impacts the lubrication ability of the oil. Internal engine may result if this condition is not repaired promptly.
The synchronizer shaft for the camshaft position sensor can cause a loud squeak or chirping noise due to failure of the upper bushing. The noise may be erratic and is usually present when the engine is warm.
Ford Mustang Questions
The engine surges and wants to move eventhough my foot is on the brake. Nothing touching the accelerator. Happens when coming off the freeway.
What could be the problem the Check engine light is on and the over drive button flashes but if I turn it off it drives fine the rpms are just a bit higher between. 2 and 3. What are possible things wrong with it.
It shutters more when it is warmed up or really hot out.
Ford Mustang Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Ford dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Certain vehicles may have been assembled with a transmission range sensor (TRS) that was calibrated out of specification for reverse gear. If this condition exists, the transmission may not properly engage reverse gear and/or if reverse gear does engage, the "R" indicator on the dash or the backup lamps may not illuminate. These conditions increase the risk of a crash or a pedestrian being struck due to the vehicle's not signaling it is in reverse. Dealers will inspect and replace the transmission range sensor as necessary to correct this concern. The Ford recall number is 12C23.
It was found that a small female (5th percentile) sitting in the front passenger seat, with the seat in the forward most position and not wearing the seat belt, may be subject to neck injury if the air bag deploys in a crash. Dealers will reprogram the Restraint Control Module free of charge. The recall began March 3, 2008. The Ford recall number is 08C02.
Ford Mustang Reviews
all break lock up
I purchased my 03 mustang v6 coupe in 04 with 24000 miles now has 163000 on it and runs like a dream I have replaced the tranny once but was my fault so replaced with t5 from ford racing I have no complaints about this car and is still considered my baby. It has the pony package so basicly its a GT with a v6 also did not like the handling when I bought the car so changed the rims to 17x9.5 car ...
WHY CANT FORD MAKE A CONVTBL. THAT DOEST. LEAK? ILL STICK TO MY CORVETTE...KEEP YOUR FORD. SPEND YOUR MONEY.HAAAA