Ford Expedition Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Expedition
- my overhead light no longer comes on when i open the door and yes the knob is up
- Sun roof, while sitting in the drivers set, the sunroof is or has a door on the
- why is my car leaning to passenger side? how do i reset air bag suspension?
- where is the o2 sensor located and the cost, my car is getting poor mpg.
- Why is my tailgate paint peeling?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Ford Expedition Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could indicate that one or more of the ignition coils has failed due to excessive spark plug gap. To fix this problem, the ignition coils that have failed, the spark plugs, and all coil boots should be replaced.
There is a technical service bulletin for the V8 engines regarding a possible problem with the spark plug being ejected from the cylinder head, damaging the threads in the spark plug hole. If the vehicle is under warranty, cylinder head replacement is recommended. If the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford authorized the use of a specific thread insert to repair the head.
The mass air flow sensor (MAF) may fail resulting in a rough engine idle, hesitation on acceleration, and/or engine stalling. The Check Engine Light may or may not illuminate. A failed mass air flow sensor will require replacement.
Ford Expedition Questions
visor light does not come on when i pull it down is it a fuse? witch one
Ford Expedition Recalls
Certain vehicles may have been assembled with a transmission range sensor (TRS) that was calibrated out of specification for reverse gear. If this condition exists, the transmission may not properly engage reverse gear and/or if reverse gear does engage, the "R" indicator on the dash or the backup lamps may not illuminate. These conditions increase the risk of a crash or a pedestrian being struck due to the vehicle's not signaling it is in reverse. Dealers will inspect and replace the transmission range sensor as necessary to correct this concern. The Ford recall number is 12C23.
These vehicles may have inadequate welds on the head restraint support brackets for the second row, right side seat. In the event of a crash, the head restraint may not provide adequate protection, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the head restraints as necessary to correct this concern. The Ford recall number is 12C22.
Ford has recalled certain 2009 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator vehicles because the brake light switch may be improperly adjusted. The brake lights may fail to light up, which increases the risk of a crash. Dealers will adjust the brake light switch to the proper position.
Ford Expedition Reviews
I previously had a 1997 Expedition with no problems at all so I was very excited to purchas the 2006, which at the time only had 16,000 miles on it in July of 06,. However I have had a few issues that are very pesty. The front driver seat gets too hot when the seat warmer is turned on. The tire pressure sensor light goes on for no reason and I have had an engine knock for some time now. I also ...
I have a great looking black Eddie Bauer 2000 Ford Expedition, that I bought from my sister who purchased it new. It's been repainted all-black, tinted the windows and added 22" chrome spoke wheels and 295x45x22 tires so, it looks newer to most people. My annoyance is three of my passenger doors won't open most of the time by the new remote. Also, my odometer light goes on and off. However, my ...
222,XXX and yes still going strong.. having some issues with my heater, I am going to replace the heater control valve in the morning!