Ford Probe Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Probe
- Engine Runs Rough, Stalls, Hesitates on Acceleration, Hard Starting, Poor Performance
- Head Lights may Open and Close on their own, or may Operate Erratically
- Ticking Noise from Engine, Stalling, Rough Running, Reduced Engine Power
- Check Engine Light On, Hesitates Accelerating, Reduced Power, and Rough Idle
- Buzzing Noise from Exhaust at Different Engine Speeds
- somebody broke some plastic off in my door lock key hole how can i fix that?
- my driver side head light is stuck open what should i do
- why my ford probe LX 30 want start? Drove it home shut it off got now want start
- i have a 1993 ford probe, i am having issues starting it,
- Are there only two mounting bolts on the starter and does one screw from backsid
Ford Probe Problems
If the engine runs rough, stalls, hesitates on acceleration, is hard to start, or has generally poor performance, this can be caused by a cracked or broken air inlet tube. Loose clamps on the air tube can also cause this these problems. Tightening the air inlet tube, or replacing if broken, should correct the problem.
Water corroding the head light actuator connector can cause the head lights to open and close on their own, or operate erratically. Replacing the head light actuator motor should fix this problem.
A defective oil pump can cause ticking noise from the engine, stalling, rough running, and reduced engine power. Replace the oil pump if this is found to be the cause.
Ford Probe Questions
the light works fine and the passenger side is fine their is a crack in the bumper that happened before i bought her
it use to start fine, but then i had to pump the clutch a few times before it would start,so i replaced the clutch master cylinder and bleed it like crazy but now even pumping the clutch don't work, what could it be, i replaced the starter about 8 months ago.
Ford Probe Recalls
Ford Probe Reviews
The leather upholstery recently started ripping at the seams, but other than that, if taken care of with proper maintenance and regular tune ups, this car will last you a long time!
got a few problems. my break peddle gets real stiff and the breaks start to drag slowing me down i park it for about 20 mins or so end they release i replaced the calipers hub bearings some pleasure hoses master cylender brake booster the pads blead them worked great than the same thing this all started after it sat for about 3 months.. also i just got my third battery its now an inerstate and ...
Bought my 1993 Probe SE 4 cyl 2.0 litre 16 valve 5 speed (teal blue/black cloth interior) on New Years Eve in 1995 with 27K miles and sold it in 2003 with 176K when it was still running great! Great/dependable car, with little maintenance needed throughout the years! The SE model came fairly loaded, but I added a flip up/take off sunroof that was installed by Ziebart (yes! the undercoating guys...