Ford Probe Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Probe
- Engine Runs Rough, Stalls, Hesitates on Acceleration, Hard Starting, Poor Performance
- Head Lights may Open and Close on their own, or may Operate Erratically
- Ticking Noise from Engine, Stalling, Rough Running, Reduced Engine Power
- Check Engine Light On, Hesitates Accelerating, Reduced Power, and Rough Idle
- Buzzing Noise from Exhaust at Different Engine Speeds
- How do I fix my brake lights and tail lights?
- 1996 Black Ford Probe problems
- car doesn't. allways start, we have replaced dis,rotor,plugs,wirers, but if you put your hand under motor and jiggle some wires, it will start but run on about 2 Of the 4Cylinder s. pushing it to start a lot of the Times. could it be starter or soleno
- My96 probe gt shuts off when clutch is let up or go in gear why ?
- how long should it take do a head gasket replacement on a ford probe 2.5 v6
Ford Probe Problems
If the engine runs rough, stalls, hesitates on acceleration, is hard to start, or has generally poor performance, this can be caused by a cracked or broken air inlet tube. Loose clamps on the air tube can also cause this these problems. Tightening the air inlet tube, or replacing if broken, should correct the problem.
Water corroding the head light actuator connector can cause the head lights to open and close on their own, or operate erratically. Replacing the head light actuator motor should fix this problem.
A defective oil pump can cause ticking noise from the engine, stalling, rough running, and reduced engine power. Replace the oil pump if this is found to be the cause.
Ford Probe Questions
fuel pump replacement
The part I was sold is LX241. I cannot find it anywhere in the engine compartment. This car has a distributor and the coil is mounted on the drivers side.
Ford Probe Recalls
Ford Probe Reviews
The leather upholstery recently started ripping at the seams, but other than that, if taken care of with proper maintenance and regular tune ups, this car will last you a long time!
got a few problems. my break peddle gets real stiff and the breaks start to drag slowing me down i park it for about 20 mins or so end they release i replaced the calipers hub bearings some pleasure hoses master cylender brake booster the pads blead them worked great than the same thing this all started after it sat for about 3 months.. also i just got my third battery its now an inerstate and ...
Bought my 1993 Probe SE 4 cyl 2.0 litre 16 valve 5 speed (teal blue/black cloth interior) on New Years Eve in 1995 with 27K miles and sold it in 2003 with 176K when it was still running great! Great/dependable car, with little maintenance needed throughout the years! The SE model came fairly loaded, but I added a flip up/take off sunroof that was installed by Ziebart (yes! the undercoating guys...