Ford F-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford F-150
- why light sensors star flashing, and needles move for one side to another,,
- 2010 F-150 cutting off at a little pass a half a tank of gas
- My Husband have a 2010 F-150 and we was having problem with the truck cutting off once it get a little below a half a tank of gas well come to find out it was a bad fuel pump we had a new one put in and the same thing going on someone help please
- Why will drivers window roll up with switch but not roll down?
- Fuel line spring clip
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Ford F-150 Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could indicate that one or more of the ignition coils has failed due to excessive spark plug gap. To fix this problem, the ignition coils that have failed, the spark plugs, and all coil boots should be replaced.
An oil leak may develop from the the right side head gasket. Oil from this type of leak will commonly drip onto the starter. Our technician tell us an updated head gasket is available to correct this concern.
There is a technical service bulletin for the V8 engines regarding a possible problem with the spark plug being ejected from the cylinder head, damaging the threads in the spark plug hole. If the vehicle is under warranty, cylinder head replacement is recommended. If the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford authorized the use of a specific thread insert to repair the head.
Ford F-150 Questions
My power window on the driver side and power lock buttons don't work. Does anyone know what's wrong with it, or know a rough estimate how much it would cost?
Had the holes blown out and new plugs installed. Mechanic could not find a "trail" leading to the plugs externally. Truck ran fine for about 20 min. (Note: I was pulling a 22' travel trailer) then the problem came back. Misfiring and running rough between 1000-2000 RPM.
Ford F-150 Recalls
Certain vehicles may have been assembled with a transmission range sensor (TRS) that was calibrated out of specification for reverse gear. If this condition exists, the transmission may not properly engage reverse gear and/or if reverse gear does engage, the "R" indicator on the dash or the backup lamps may not illuminate. These conditions increase the risk of a crash or a pedestrian being struck due to the vehicle's not signaling it is in reverse. Dealers will inspect and replace the transmission range sensor as necessary to correct this concern. The Ford recall number is 12C23.
Incorrect software for the occupant classification system module (OCSM) may have been installed on certain vehicles. Under certain driving conditions, the OCSM may misclassify the passenger seat occupant such that the passenger side airbag does not deploy when it should, does not deploy as intended, or deploys when it should not. Failure in any of these ways will increase the risk of injury to the passenger seat occupant. Dealers will replace the OCSM to correct this concern. The Ford recall number is 12S31.
The brake/shift interlock can fail, allowing the transmission to be shifted into park without depressing the brake pedal. If the transmission were shifted into gear without depressing the brake pedal, a crash or injury to a nearby pedestrian could result. Dealers will inspect the brake shift interlock switch function and replace the switch if necessary.
Ford F-150 Reviews
My F-150 XLT is a 1999 with a 4.6 liter V-8, 4x4. It has 190,000 miles on it. I have had only and electrical ploblem with the wipers and the odemeter light. It has been a great truck over the last 11 years and has very reliable.
1998 FORD F-150. 171,174,301,308 codes keep coming on I've replace spark plug, spark plug wire, coil, MAF, throttle postion, fuel filter, fuel injectors and the motor was rebuilt a month ago. But the codes keep coming on. Whats the problem?
we have had this truck for 5 years, bought it used and have done nothing to it except brake pads and oil changes it has 119,600 miles on it and runs great, it pulls our boat very well also.!! We previously owned a 2002 Ford F150 that had over 200.000 miles and we didn't have a problem!! We swear by Ford Truclks