Ford Explorer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Explorer
- I meant, how many miles AFTER it reaches 0 miles empty ?What's the reserve
- How many miles before reaches 0 miles empty ?What's the reserve
- What is causing the sound and how cam I fit it?
- My truck keeps running hot. Replaced water pump, thermostat and radiator and it still runs hot
- I have 3 error codes P0122, P0113 and P0102
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Ford Explorer Problems
A cosmetic crack may develop on the plastic liftgate trim panel. Ford has released a service procedure to replace the applique without damage the the liftgate glass.
A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.
The intake manifold O-ring gaskets commonly leak, causing stalling and poor idle quality; the Check Engine Light will illuminate.
Ford Explorer Questions
The first two r for high and low circuit for the TPS and the other is for the MAF sensor on dnt know wat to replace or how to see which on is bad and causing the issue the SUV hesitates when hitting the throttle , it will even spudder while driving and runs slightly rough at idle
No ignition at all.
Ford Explorer Recalls
The rear doors on these vehicles are equipped with child safety locks that prevent the doors from being opened from the inside when engaged. As the rear doors are opened and closed, one or both child safety locks may switch from engaged to disengaged without warning. With the child lock disengaged, a door could be opened accidentally, increasing the risk of injury to an unrestrained occupant. Dealers will test the safety locks and replace those not meeting the testing standard.
The fuel delivery module, which is located at the fuel tank, can crack, resulting in a fuel leak. Any fuel leak always increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel delivery module in the affected vehicles to correct this concern.
During the manufacturing process, the side seam of the fuel tank may not have been properly sealed and as a result, the fuel tank would be weakened and not perform as expected in the event of a crash. In addition, a fuel leak could develop at any time. Dealers will inspect the fuel tank and replace it as necessary on vehicles included in this recall.
Ford Explorer Reviews
I bought My 99` explorer 3 years ago, and only put 7000 miles ontop of the 148000 that was already on it. At this point I`d say this vehicle is a great truck in all kinds of weather(rain, snow and sun). the only problem I`ve had is repeat CHECK ENGINE light comes on. When this happens I get code(s)PO171 andPO174,These are bank1 and bank2 running lean!. At this point I have replaced everything b...
I bought my 97 Explorer 4WD in 2003 and wouldn't part with her for anything. She has 249k miles and runs excellent! The only thing I've had an issue with was an oil leak (from valves I think) and the new-style DPFE kept melting. I had the oil leak taken care of and put an original old-style metal DPFE on her and it's fine. Need to have ball joints replaced, but not an immediate need and I have ...
Tranny, differentials and A/C system are problems on this vehicle.