Ford Taurus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Taurus
- Why does my fuel gauge read erratically yet the mileage to empty on the control cluster is accurate and works fine
- how do I reset the charging system warning light after alternator and battery replacement
- what is wrong if the heater is blowing cold air and the check temp light came on
- P0136 and p0231 together?? Car starts and runs no problem?
- the serpentine belt broke - taking Ac compressor with it
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Ford Taurus Problems
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
The engine may misfire and/or buck while driving at freeway speeds with no fault code stored in the powertrain control module (PCM). This can be caused by an intermittent fault with the camshaft synchronizer assembly. This condition can be diagnosed by monitoring knock sensor data as per Ford service bulletin #05-22-12. Replacement of the synchronizer assembly will be required to correct this concern.
Ford Taurus Questions
I took a thin piece of rope and ran it around the pulleys to determine new length to bypass Ac compressor, but it does not look like it will clear it, plus the Ac compressor pulley is broken and shifts around. 2 questions. 1. can I removed the pulley off the compressor with out having to take the...
Could it be the timing Chain? plenty of fuel pressure and new coil
Ford Taurus Recalls
In the affected vehicles, the halfshaft retention clip may not have been properly installed. As a result, without prior warning the halfshaft may move outward and disengage from the linkshaft while driving. This would result in loss of engine power to the drive wheels. Dealers will inspect the vehicles to make sure that the halfshaft is properly retained. If it is not, dealers will replace the linkshaft and also replace the halfshaft if it shows evidence of spline damage.
As a result of water intrusion, the license plate lamp assembly may experience corrosion in states where road salt us used to de-ice the roads. This corrosion may result in a short circuit, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the license plate lamp assembly to correct this concern. Note: Under program 14R01, Ford will notify owners in non-corrosion states, and, at the customer's request, dealers will replace the license plate lamp assembly.
The rear doors on these vehicles are equipped with child safety locks that prevent the doors from being opened from the inside when engaged. As the rear doors are opened and closed, one or both child safety locks may switch from engaged to disengaged without warning. With the child lock disengaged, a door could be opened accidentally, increasing the risk of injury to an unrestrained occupant. Dealers will test the safety locks and replace those not meeting the testing standard.
Ford Taurus Reviews
Gas mileage continues to do down. Went from 18.5 mpg in city to 16 to 13.5. Car seems to be running okay, but gas mileage keeps dropping. Any ideas?
When I bought my 2004 Ford Taurus it had 69000 miles on it. Now we are at 87000 and with no warning at all my trans has gone out. I drove the car all day no problems. Went to pick up my son and all of the sudden the RPM's went through the roof and the car wouldn't go. I have researched this issue and have come to find this is a recurring problem. So why then is Ford not doing anything to help i...
I drive a 2004 taurus. I have had nothing but problems with this car. The MPG has dropped from the 20's to 13.5 MPH. I have replaced everything I can think of and still no change! Piece of junk!!!!