Ford Thunderbird Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Thunderbird
- Is special equipment necessary for a coolant exchange in a 2003 t-bird?
- Does it take special equipment for a coolant exchange for a 2003 t-bird.?
- I am changing the high pressure power steering line I on a 87 Ford thunderbird
- My transmission won't shift back to the 4 position on the dash or in the trans.
- Traction light & ABS light remain on after car running,how to troubleshoot 123?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
Ford Thunderbird Problems
The valve cover gaskets may leak oil into the spark plug wells, shorting out the spark plugs, causing a misfire, and illuminating the Check Engine Light. Commonly the spark plugs and ignition coils or wires will require replacement, along with resealing the valve cover to correct this concern.
There may be an extended warranty on the ignition coils - see your Ford Dealer for more information-Thanks John B for this information!
White smoke coming from the exhaust could indicate that a head gasket has blown or there is a cracked cylinder head. Our technicians tell us that removal and inspection of the cylinder heads will be required to confirm a crack is present.
Ford Thunderbird Questions
What to look for 1st,2nd,3rd?The brake pedal has gone to the floor once,I checked the fluid level,It was low,I added fluid to recommended level.No brake system failure since, but both lights remain on ???.I used a CarMD,I think the code was PO 174,
Ford Thunderbird Recalls
On 56 vehicles, the fuel tank may have an area with a thin wall and may crack, creating the potential for a fuel leak, fuel odor, and the Check Engine Light may come on. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel tank free of charge. The Ford recall number is 05S29.
Ford has recalled certain 2004 Taurus, Thunderbird, and Mercury Sable vehicles due to an inadequate weld on the front seats. In a collision, the seat may not perform as designed, which could result in injury. Dealers will replace the upper support assembly on the power seats.
Ford Thunderbird Reviews
I've never been a real fan of Ford until I gambled and bought my 1996 v-8....this is absolutely the best car I've ever owned, powerful, quiet, a smooth ride, and stylish good looks - the only fault I can find is the cup holders are positioned awkwardly
Beautiful Car. It is fun to drive. I am greatly disappointed with the air conditioner. They say it needs a new compressor. It has 32,000 miles on it.
I have a 4.6 V8 with all the extras - has 100,000 miles and still like new - quiet, great ride, excellent brakes, purrs, never had a problem of any kind since 1997. Not many cars can claim that! One of the best used car buys on the market