Ford Flex Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Flex
- My window will not raise. Front passenger. What are possible causes?
- Why would my 2011 Ford Flex Titanium fail the Louisiana motor vehicle inspection
- Transmission, ptu, drive shaft and ptu bracket replacement
- My service advancetrac light comes on and stays on.It goes off when I restart.
- my transmission or power transfer unit is leaking fluid
Ford Flex Problems
Defective anchor brackets for the front calipers can cause abnormal brake rotor and pad wear concurrently. Noise can be heard while braking, a grunting or grinding from the front. The caliper anchor brackets should be replaced with revised parts, and also replace the rotors and brake pads.
Defective materials can cause the center console latch to break. The latch on the console lid should be replaced.
A leaking axle shaft seal and / or PTU cover seal can cause transmission (red) or Power Transfer Unit (PTU) (brown) fluid leaks at the axle area. The axle shaft seal and / or PTU cover seal may be leaking and should be replaced as required.
Ford Flex Questions
How do I get the window up until I can get service?
It then comes back on sometimes and stays on until I restart the vehicle again. What is the problem and how do I fix this?
my 2009 ford flex is leaking fluid either through the power transfer area or though the axle shaft seal.could you quote me a price for the chicagoland area for either repair.