Ford Aerostar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Aerostar
- Engine Leaks Around Rear Crankshaft Seal and Oil Pan Gasket are Common
- Crossed Oxygen Sensor Wires Can Cause Poor Idle Quality/Fuel Economy
- Valve cover gasket may fail and leak oil onto exhaust manifold
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Adjust AC Air Blend Door if Necessary
Ford Aerostar Problems
If you experience poor idle quality and fuel economy (and the Check Engine Light illuminates) after the exhaust system or motor has been removed and replaced, it could be that the oxygen sensor wires are crossed at the rear of the motor. Wiring schematics should be checked to ensure that the correct harness plug is connected to the corresponding sensor.
Ford Aerostar Questions
took the distribitor cap off and found a broken router button. replaced cap and button still want start and its not firing. whats up?
Chirping clicking noise started at rear of engine about a week ago. 178,000miles on engine. Ford aerostar 3.0.
I loaned out the van; it came back with the side door not being able to open. I've tried locking, unlocking, prying, and removing the top inside panel, but not a budge. How do I get it open before it can even be fixed?