Ford Aerostar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Aerostar
- Engine Leaks Around Rear Crankshaft Seal and Oil Pan Gasket are Common
- Crossed Oxygen Sensor Wires Can Cause Poor Idle Quality/Fuel Economy
- Valve cover gasket may fail and leak oil onto exhaust manifold
- Updated Differential Clutch Kit Available if Rear End Noise is Heard
- Adjust AC Air Blend Door if Necessary
- why is my van's engine accelreating too quickly.Almost as if Im reving it.
- while driving down the hwy van makes a noise like a fan was going out want start
- Started having a clicking/chirping noise coming from the rear of the engine.
- On a 1991 Aerostar van, how do I unstick the side door.
- the ac is only blowing out of the defroster how do I access the ac blend door
Ford Aerostar Problems
If you experience poor idle quality and fuel economy (and the Check Engine Light illuminates) after the exhaust system or motor has been removed and replaced, it could be that the oxygen sensor wires are crossed at the rear of the motor. Wiring schematics should be checked to ensure that the correct harness plug is connected to the corresponding sensor.
Ford Aerostar Questions
took the distribitor cap off and found a broken router button. replaced cap and button still want start and its not firing. whats up?
Chirping clicking noise started at rear of engine about a week ago. 178,000miles on engine. Ford aerostar 3.0.
I loaned out the van; it came back with the side door not being able to open. I've tried locking, unlocking, prying, and removing the top inside panel, but not a budge. How do I get it open before it can even be fixed?