2004 Ford E-350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Ford E-350
- Rough Running Engine and Possible Check Engine Light
- Loud Popping Noise and Misfire Experienced
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle While Driving - Fluid Leaks From Rear of Transmission
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- How much will it cost to replace the radiator in my 350 econoline van
- every now and then the truck surges a little primarily when it is stopped
- what is the average cost of an allignment
- pulled an rv over a mountain pass did great then just started loosing power
- It just quit at freeway speed. first thing I did was scan it, p2290 low inj pres
2004 Ford E-350 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
The spark plugs may become dislodged from the cylinder heads. A loud popping noise can be heard and a subsequent misfire experienced. The threads on the spark plug ports in the cylinder head(s) can become stripped or missing when the spark plug is dislodged. The threads in cylinder heads may be replaced using “Lock-N-Stitch” aluminum inserts. Our technicians tell us thread replacement is performed when the vehicle is out of base warranty. Vehicles under base warranty receive a new cylinder head.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
2004 Ford E-350 Questions
almost like motor would not build over 2500 rpms pulled over left truck running walked around got back in was fine run 65 mph most of time before and after
what is being overlooked
2004 Ford E-350 Recalls
For handicap conversion vans modified by Cummings Mobility, the Braun wheel chair lift may have latches that do not properly secure a wheel chair. Cummings Mobility will provide replacement parts free of charge to resolve the concern.
An internal fault may develop within the multi-function turn signal switch. This can affect turn signal, tail, hazard, and/or brake light operation. Non-functioning exterior lights could increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the multi-function switch to correct this concern. This recall is scheduled to begin on August 15, 2011. The Ford recall number is 11C18.