2000 Ford E-350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Ford E-350
- Rough Running Engine and Possible Check Engine Light
- Loud Popping Noise and Misfire Experienced
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle While Driving - Fluid Leaks From Rear of Transmission
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Ford E-350 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
The spark plugs may become dislodged from the cylinder heads. A loud popping noise can be heard and a subsequent misfire experienced. The threads on the spark plug ports in the cylinder head(s) can become stripped or missing when the spark plug is dislodged. The threads in cylinder heads may be replaced using “Lock-N-Stitch” aluminum inserts. Our technicians tell us thread replacement is performed when the vehicle is out of base warranty. Vehicles under base warranty receive a new cylinder head.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
2000 Ford E-350 Questions
braking is fine
2000 350 super duty you can drive for three hours and then start loseing speed or power.But you can stop for ten min. start up again and will run fine.I had the tranmission replace but still have same prob.
2000 Ford E350 (gas engine) van is misfiring. Previously, this has been the ignition coils and I've paid to have it done.
Is this something a weekend mechanic could do? Where could I find instructions for repair?