1994 Ford E-350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Ford E-350
- Rough Running Engine and Possible Check Engine Light
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle While Driving - Fluid Leaks From Rear of Transmission
- Transmission Fluid Leaks from the Front of the Transmission Bell Housing
- Can anyone give me a run down of sudden powerless uphill stalling out misfiring.
- pulling boat with the motor home 209 mile transmission leaked 1 quart of tranny
- I changed the battery terminals and now the engine will not start. Help.
- How do i bypass rear heater on 94 e350 ford club wagon van
- Our brake lights and hazard lights do not work.
1994 Ford E-350 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
Electrolysis can cause repeated failures of the heater core and radiator. The diagnosing technician should check for voltage present in the coolant, with the battery disconnected, because electrical current in the coolant causes electrolysis. Corroded or deteriorated parts should be replaced, and the coolant should be flushed. Ground straps can be added to help prevent future corrosion of components.
1994 Ford E-350 Questions
Back lines are corroded and don't want to replace
All of our other lights work. Tail lights - headlights and turn signals all work. What could be wrong with the hazard and brake lights?
then reves up in sperts starts shuttering then dies
1994 Ford E-350 Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1992-1994 E and F Series vehicles due to improper tension in the accessory drive belt. On some vehicles, the belt can detach from the pulleys, which can cause multiple system failures. Dealers will install a new tensioner pulley, drive belt, belt guide, and idler pulley.