1994 Ford E-350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Ford E-350
- Rough Running Engine and Possible Check Engine Light
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle While Driving - Fluid Leaks From Rear of Transmission
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Transmission Fluid Leaks from the Front of the Transmission Bell Housing
- do i need to go to a dealer to find an answer to my problem ?
- rear anti lock brake light is on and brakes are very spongy. on class c motorhom
- How long does it take to change the heater core?
- Can anyone give me a run down of sudden powerless uphill stalling out misfiring.
- pulling boat with the motor home 209 mile transmission leaked 1 quart of tranny
1994 Ford E-350 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
This concern relates to vehicles equipped with the E4OD and 4R100 automatic transmissions. Fluid leaks from the rear of the transmission and excessive vibration felt in the vehicle while driving can be caused by a lack of lubrication to the rear of the transmission and rear seal failure. The extension housing (rear portion of transmission) can lose lubrication if the fluid supply hole becomes clogged. This leads to rear seal failure from lack of lubrication, and can cause bearing failure in the extension housing. The extension housing and gasket should be replaced and verify the fluid supply hole is clear of debris.
1994 Ford E-350 Questions
I have replaced my spark plugs, wires dist cap, dist pickup coil, coil map sensor tps, vss and more but the van starts to missfire within i t0 2 miles after i start it up cold & from then on. Nothing seems to fix it. Then i decided to disconnect the vss and it runs beautiful, no misses. the p...
Back lines are corroded and don't want to replace
All of our other lights work. Tail lights - headlights and turn signals all work. What could be wrong with the hazard and brake lights?
1994 Ford E-350 Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1992-1994 E and F Series vehicles due to improper tension in the accessory drive belt. On some vehicles, the belt can detach from the pulleys, which can cause multiple system failures. Dealers will install a new tensioner pulley, drive belt, belt guide, and idler pulley.