Ford Freestyle Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from Ford Freestyle owners like you.

Ford Freestyle Ratings Overview
8 car owners like you reviewed their Ford Freestyle. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
Compare Car Reviews
Interior
Comfort
Performance
By on 3/28/18 | Marion, MI | Car Owner
Exelant car, though the transmission is a CVT and lends to hesitate. This is part of owning a CVT with such a heavy vehicle. This is the second Freestyle I have owned, my first was a 2005 AWD and ran for 325,000 with us and is still on the road. The 2006 is. FWD and I am not as happy with it, I purchased it with 169,000 and it has required more work than the 05 did at this stage.
Perfect for families as there is a full frame in it and speaking from experience will take a large impact and continue to drive. (05)
Yes, I would recommend this car.
By on 12/25/15 | Bend, OR
This car the most unreliable piece of junk I've ever been unfortunate enough to own! It should/will be recalled. Some gremlin in the wiring or computer system randomly causes errors frequently; dash light warnings come on when nothing is wrong, doors will not open or close at times, loses power while driving, abs engages when not needed. Several mechanics can find nothing wrong with it. ..motor and trany lights constantly light up but check out fine...this usually precedes a plethora of other malfunctions including power loss while driving (dangerous and scary) and lights going out (both dash and headlights) SUPER SCARY! The Internet is full of thousands of similar complaints from owners of this car with no advice on how to fix it. The freestyle is a lemon DON'T buy one!
By on 11/7/13 | South Portland, ME
We bought our '07 used with 87k on it and couldn't be happier. We're a busy family with two kids and a dog and the versatility this car provides is amazing! Haven't had any problems other than the regular services. I would recommend this car to anyone.
By on 5/27/13 | Kingwood, TX
I do like this car. not as well appointed as other suv's in its class but it's been reliable and fun. good throttle response, quick smooth acceleration. maybe a little loud at freeway speed, but overall nice ride. better fuel mileage would also be a plus.
By on 4/3/13 | Elwood, IL
neat car .want to know if there is an advantage to put on all
whele drive shocks on front drive 2007 frstyle?.
By on 10/4/10 | Whitehall, PA
I love my Freestyle especially how it handles in the snow. I purchased it new in 2005 and have had minimal problems with it. We even hit a deer last year and the car was ok other then cosmetic issues. Love this car just wish it was better on gas.
By on 5/17/10 | Fort Mill, SC
Pverall Great car. DVD player view screen does not stay up, had issue with broken back seat laying down, currently having an issue with random lurching when starting from a stop we cant seem to find out why. drives great. CRT great. repair maintenance costs low
By on 1/12/10 | Fargo, ND
I bought my 2006 Freestyle SEL with front wheel drive used with about 33,000 miles on it. We have put about 12,000 miles on it and have been overall very happy. It has been a really good car for my family so far. I have two little kids and it has plenty of space for all of us plus the dog. I have only had to replace the front stabilizer bar endlinks as they were making a popping noise in turns (less than $60). I enjoy the CVT transmission, it is very well matched to the 3.0L motor plus it gets about 27-30 MPG on the highway. My only complaint is that it takes a long time for it to warm up in the winter time.