Ford Aerostar Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from Ford Aerostar owners like you.

Ford Aerostar Ratings Overview
19 car owners like you reviewed their Ford Aerostar. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
Compare Car Reviews
Compare Vehicles
compared with
By on 6/27/15 | Montrose, CA
We purchased our Aerostar new '95 now put 400,000 miles running on original engine/tranny. I did get things replaced as fuel injectors, valves and 2 head gaskets but the Aerostar never once ran hot in the California heat. Absolutely appreciate how the van did us well its comfortable has everything working best even windows goes up/down and cruise control switch still works great. Original paint emerald green forest holding up well has the factory steel hubcaps that came manufactured with van its all best ever. We thinking of now purchasing a new vehicle since driven the Aerostar 400,000 miles but hate get rid of it because somebody might let the crane take it away for cash for clunkers. My wife wants to keep as second handed thinking hard of doing I love this van taking excellent family trips from CA TO NY and across country never once stopped on us mean we had it loaded with families and things on long distances trips its a beast ever owned. THANK YOU FORD!!! Why did you quit making vans?
By on 9/5/14 | Waddington, NY
We bought our 1995 Aerostar (extended) in Florida 4 years ago. It has 170,000 miles on it as of today. Everything works great on it. We call her our bus because we take everyone everywhere in her. Everyone comments on how comfortable she is. Very practical, good looking (in our opinion), pretty good on fuel and inexpensive to buy. If you get a chance to buy a rust-free one with the 4.0 litre you should take advantage of the opportunity, you will be glad you did.
By on 4/19/14 | Yucaipa, CA
My 1994 Ford Aerostar All Wheel Drive 7 passenger van is great...hope I can keep it going a long time!
By on 10/9/12 | Los Angeles, CA
What an awesome van!!!
By on 11/6/11 | Phoenix, AZ
MY NAME IS JOHN. I HAVE A 1995 AEROSTAR FORD VAN. I CHANGED THE PUSH RODS,LIFTERS,ROCKER ARMS,AND FUEL INJECTORS. NOW IT RUNS ROUGH AND BACK FIRES.THANKS
By on 5/22/11 | East Hampton, CT
van runs ok has some front brake vibration
By on 2/18/11 | Hoxie, AR
a/c fan not working --on heat it works-- and on outside it works --what is wrong--?

I an the only owner-- igot it brand new -- i had the a/c and compresor rebilt after 12 yrs-- I got 86000mils- thank you margaret A

By on 12/21/10 | Manchester, NH
I've had my aerostar since 1995. I have 276,000 miles on it.
By on 3/19/09 | Hardburly, KY
My 1990 Aerostar is a rebuild,paid $100 for it.So far ,it has earned the name Old Reliable because it has yet to give up and quit.I have the Long wheel based XLT model with the digital dash.
I have been offered $6000 for it,not for sale.
Looking for another one to give to my college aged daughter
By on 10/27/10 | Columbus, OH
brakeline rusted shifter solenoid broke, shifter broke, exaust fell off makes a loud klunk when shifting into reverse, whines when you get above 20 mphs calls for 215-70r-14 tires, which are not very common a rust problem at base of doors. Problem with air conditioner hoses (leaks). just bought it and hope to be pleased with it once I put some work and money in it. has 107,000 miles on it other than the rear end needing work I happy with my purchase of it at $600.00
By on 9/4/10 | Turlock, CA
great a/c system front and back.the coldest 134a system ive ever owned.
By on 7/21/10 | Lake Waccamaw, NC
Mine is a 95 Ford Aerostar. I've enjoyed it for the past 15 years I haven't had many problems with it. During this lenght of time I've had to replace brake pads, have the radiator flushed, freon replaced in the AC. I got riped off once by a Ford mechanic who claimed to have repaired my AC. It ran cool for one day...by the next day it rain hot. They never returned my money when I complained.
Yet they advertised professional and curtious workmanship with satisfaction guaranteed. I never saw this kind of service produced from them. I'm happy with my aerostar. I can't understand why they stoped making them. It's ashame....you make something good and then discontinue it....such a shame.
By on 6/5/10 | Milan, TN
i have a 1990 aerostar van i bought for 600.00. all it needed at time was brakes and freon. runs like a charm. plenty of space for me and my family. i love my van.
By on 10/20/09 | Columbus, GA
Why did they stop making these? Stupid, Stupid , Stupid!!! The Best Minivan on the road. If I couls I would buy up old ones and refurbish them. They were a real work horse. I would get one now and put an EcoBoost in it!!! I really loved this vehicle need to bring em back! Mine was given to me by a church member he thought the head gaskets were blown but they weren't and a transmission, it sat for 4 years and I tuned it up and added fluid. It ran like it was new. His wife saw it at church and could not believe it, before they got rid of it she hated it but seeing it on the road she just looks and smiles. The Ac could use a boost. My sister had a Chevy Astro, I could out tow that thing any day of the week. I used to pull a 19 1/2 SeaRay with it until somebody stole my boat. Aerostar nothing better, oh I paut Lincoln Tc Wheels on it. I got some crazy looks but it still looked good.
By on 6/15/09 | Brandywine, MD
This vehicle was purchased in August 2008 from a dealer that specializes in previously-owned government vehicles, which means it was well-maintained. I bought it for $2100 with only 84,000 ORIGINAL miles on it...it was a supervisor's vehicle with the local Parks and Recreation Dept.
It currently has 101000 miles on it. I have used it not only to haul my electrical tools and equipment, but also use it to deliver pizzas for a local Papa John's establishment.
I have had to replace the turn signal flashers twice so far (I'm a stickler for using my turn signals), had the transmission pan bolts work themselves loose ($54 total cost to correct), and just now have an issue with the starter (which I will replace tomorrow). Since I start the vehicle numerous times while on delivery, I sort of expect this to occur. After all...it IS almost 20 years old and bound to have issues. So far the issues have been minor, and the heat and A/C work exceptionally well. However, I do have to keep tabs on the oil and anti-freeze, which are "self-changing", hee-hee. But again, it's an old vehicle. What did you expect?
Overall though, this is an excellent vehicle for the money, and even though I'm not a big Ford fan, have driven these vehicles in the past, and have had zero problems with them, even though they were loaded down with tools and equipment..
I can tell you this...they are a much better value than a comparable-year Chevy Astro or Dodge Caravan. I know this for a fact since I drove both of these other vehicles...and they don't come close to the Aerostar.
By on 4/15/09 | Saint Petersburg, FL
On the whole, this van has been doing pretty well. We did have to put in a radiator. My engine light has been on for almost a year or so but the mechanic I had said it was no problem. We are having some problems with the air conditioning but haven't had it checked out due to the high cost of repairing it. I had another van-a Dodge Caravan 1988 and it cost me $1200 to have it fixed which my previous church paid for. I have a side elevator lift for my electric wheelchair. The space between the seats is rather narrow and hard to get through when I transfer from the chair to the front seat. The right seat is tight due to the lift. I have had some problem with the right front tire wearing on the outside but Sears checked it out when I bought a tire from them and said it was O.K. It drives well on the highway. I also have a problem with the steering being a little too flexible and I definitely don't like the gas pedal Ford installed...it's too small and far away for someone as short as I am. The seat belt also is a problem and if I get into an accident I would probably lose my head. I have been warned to use it properly but it is too uncomfortable driving it the right way. I do like the automatic door locks as it makes me feel safer when I travel alone. The tilt steering wheel is also a great feature. The van is also good on gas. Have had some problems with using oil and transmission fluid. I have the oil checked every 3,000 miles at a local place on Park Blvd. It's hard to do all that I would like to do as far as maintenance due to my husband working only part-time and I only get Disability so we can't afford to do all we'd like to. I just thank God the van runs well and hasn't cost us too much to keep up.
By on 1/2/09 | Richardson, TX
This was a horrible vehicle. Rode like the truck chassis on which it was based, had persistent "check engine light" trouble, and one time, the front tire almost sheared off, according to our mechanic.
By on 12/10/08 | Alameda, CA
I drove this van for about a year and a half. We repair the transmission once and replace it twice. They never could align the wheels.
By on 11/11/08 | South Gate, CA
my wife and I love our aerostar, have had a lot of cars , but not as good as a aerostar, very little trouble with it.try to keep it up.
bob myers