2000 Mazda Miata MX-5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Mazda Miata MX-5
- Left rear outside brake pad is the only pad that wearing out.
- what would be the best suggestion on when to check the oil level in the Miata?
- Can the front left bumper, front hood, grill & left head light assemblies conver
- my abs warning light is not working how do I change the abs warning light bulb?
- 2000 Mazda Miata hard starting
2000 Mazda Miata MX-5 Problems
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
The clutch slave cylinder may develop a hydraulic leak resulting in no clutch pedal pressure and the inability to shift gears.
2000 Mazda Miata MX-5 Questions
Replaced that side outside pad twice in 30 days after replacing caliber,line,and hardware
Should the oil level be check when the engine is hot or cold?
2000 Mazda Miata MX-5 Reviews
Fabulous car. I've had it ten years now and (besides break ins) never any trouble. A bit too slippery in fresh snow, but it corners like a train and stops on a dime. A flashlight deals well with the lack of a trunk or glovebox light. Wish I had a real spare instead of a doughnut. Now I am looking for the 60,000 mile service and replacing the timing belt. I love my car!