Mazda MX-3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mazda MX-3
- Where is the EGR Valve located on a 1994 Mazda MX-3 GS?
- what causes the engine to stall while driving or during engine warm up
- My mazda starts ok when cold but stalls out every time I stop.
- I broke my key and it can't be duplicated. What do I have to do to get a key?
- 93 MX3 1.8 V6 it's popping out of fifth gear and the shifter is very sloppy.Fix?
Mazda MX-3 Problems
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. New spark plug wires will be needed.
Vehicles with a V6 engine may develop an engine misfire under load (acceleration). This can be caused by a valve cover gasket leaking oil into a spark plug well, shorting the spark plug to the cylinder head. To repair this concern, the valve cover needs to be resealed and the spark plugs and wires should be replaced.
Mazda MX-3 Questions
The car will not start again until it cools down. It happens every time
Or what do I need to do or buy to get it to run and have a key again?
My clutch petal seems to be OK the shifter stick is loose and very hard to put in to gears sometimes
Mazda MX-3 Recalls
Mazda MX-3 Reviews
im from canada. Its a great engine and nice car. The rings wear out at 225,000 km (170,000miles) if you dont do proper maintanace. the engine sludges up if you do oil changes over 2800 miles. the rings are a sludge problem so engine flushes (dont use solvent based) are a must every 30,000 km. great power and smoothnes from engine and top of the line handeling at all speeds.