Mazda B4000 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mazda B4000
- I need the air flow miter sensor for a Mazda 1997 B2600 with six pins,
- I have a 2004 B4000, 4.0 , it runs then dies and runs rough and dies
- The alternator wasn't charging battery so I replaced it. Still won't charge.
- Check engine light is on.engine is shuddering when I try to accelerate.
- mazda b4000 starter does not crank over
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Mazda B4000 Problems
Water intrusion into a connector (X309) located under the cab, beneath the driver's seat, can cause a rough idle, erratic speedometer operation, ABS Light and Check Engine Light illumination, and automatic transmission shifting problems. If needed, connector repair parts are available from Mazda dealers, and possibly some Ford dealers.
If the engine cranks but does not start, it may be caused by a tripped inertia switch. Switch the key to "ON" and the fuel pump should be heard running for a second or two. Listen at the gas filler if necessary. The inertia switch is located on the firewall and can be tripped when the parking brake is set too hard and then released. The inertia switch should be reset, and will click when it is reset.
The engine may fail to start due to an electrically shorted sensor. Some of the sensors may internally short and not blow any fuses. A technician may find no spark and no operation of the fuel injectors in the diagnosis. One way a technician may isolate the defective sensor is by disconnecting sensors one by one to see if the engine starts.
Mazda B4000 Questions
Where can I get it,
My truck is a B2600
It started with an after market alarm that someone installed before I bought the truck. It started going off sitting in my driveway. Had to disconnect the horn on it because I couldn't get it to go off. Battery died so I charged it with 2 amp charge over night. Still wouldn't start. Borro...
Mazda b4000 engine starter does not crank/turn over. No electric juice to starter from battery? Maybe alarm/security related?
Mazda B4000 Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in southern Florida, along the Gulf Coast, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and Saipan. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the passenger side air bag inflator to correct this concern. Note: this supersedes recall #14V-344.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Mazda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Mazda B4000 Reviews
if your transfercase motor goes out. dont by another one. i can give u an easy fix.... and it ony takes 30mins r less 2 fix.
Automatic transmission sucks
I love my p.u. I have kept up maintenance etc and it has always run beautifully, until 2 months ago. When I slow down to stop at a light or stop sign, or to make a slow turn, it starts pulsing and dies. Starts right back up no problem. Have cleaned and changed everything anyone suggests. Three experienced mechanics are stumped. One just quit, doesn't even want to see it again. Not the senso...