Mazda CX-9 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mazda CX-9
- What would cause the radio to fail
- Can anyone install the body control module?
- Approx cost to repair leaking axle seals in Mazda CX-9 both sides? Small leaks n
- The car jerks when shiting (Automatic-FWD) and I hear a thud comin from tranaxle
- I have a growling noise in the rear end when going slowly around corners.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Mazda CX-9 Problems
Various electrical issues may develop related to the body control module (BCM). There have been reports of water damage to the BCM caused by clogged or damaged sunroof drains. It is recommend to periodically inspect the sun roof drain for debris and clean as necessary.
A chirping or squeaking noise may be noted from the front of the vehicle when traversing bumps at low speeds. Our technicians tell us this type of noise is generally caused by the front strut mounts which will require replacement.
Mazda CX-9 Questions
What does the indicator lamp AT mean?
Has anyone else had this problem or know what the solution is?
I have already blown air into it. The cap is on tightly and I sealed with Teflon tape. I hope it is not a cracked lens!
Mazda CX-9 Recalls
The heated seat elements may overheat, causing a fire hazard. Dealers will install an additional ground harness on the seat heater control system. If any damage has already occurred, those parts will be replaced or repaired, too. This recall began on March 9, 2010. The Mazda recall n umber is 5810B.
The wire harness under seats equipped with position memory may be damaged by the front cover bracket. As a result, the ability to adjust the seat may be lost and cause difficulties driving the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect, repair, and secure the harness as necessary. This recall is expected to begin by March 16, 2009. The Mazda recall number is 5309B.
Mazda CX-9 Reviews
I bought the 2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring and I love it. It drives great and has lots of room. The BOSE sound system sounds great. My only problem inside is in the 3rd row seat you don't have any air conditioning, so it gets hot sometimes. My only problem outside is when you turn on the parking lights, the side mirror lights and front turning lights should come on too. But over all it is the b...
Had this car delivered with 300 miles on it. My wife loves it; there aare a few things they could have done for 34k, suspension makes alot of noise, seats feel cheap and they too makes noise. Overall, this is a good car. 53k on original tires and the brakes have never been changed.
The CX-9 is as close to perfect as an SUV/Crossover can get! It is superior to my former Explorers and Grand Cherokee in every way! The interior could pass for a Lexus. Handling, acceleration and braking are closer to that of a sports sedan than an SUV. It is smooth and quiet at highway speeds. It also has tons of room, lots of useful features and third row seat that is accessible and co...