Mazda 323 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mazda 323
- the car takes some time it can start,what is its problem?
- my 323 is a 1989 SE non-turbo. your date selection didn't go that old !
- Why does the car run on when turned off at key.
- Why are there differences in all of the aftermarket distributors for my 1989 323
- Indicators not working but hazards working fine
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Mazda 323 Problems
If the automatic transmission shifts in and out of overdrive while cruising, it may be due to the thermostat that is stuck open. The 323 transmission is especially effected by the engine running too cool. If possible, check to see the engine is running at full operating temperature while cruising. The temperature gauge in the 323 may also read normal when the engine is not reaching normal operating temperature.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. New spark plug wires will be needed.
The timing belt tensioner pulley may make a squealing noise from the timing cover area on cold startup. An updated tensioner with a thicker mounting bracket to eliminate vibration may be needed to solve the problem.
Mazda 323 Questions
when the car is left for the longer period of time,it does not start suddenly so what could be possible problems?
After a distributor replacement that barely got me home, I ordered another, but checked to make sure all the connections were correct, and they are. The car starts, idles good for 10 seconds, and then sputters and dies. It must be getting spark and gas. My mechanic says to try the next distributo...
When turned off the motor runs on roughly spluttering,for up to 20 seconds. It has 190,000 miles but runs like a dream. I am in Australia.It is a 323K p/car 1990. My daughter loves it. Cheers
Mazda 323 Recalls
Mazda 323 Reviews
OK, so this car isn't as nice as a Honda Accord, Honda Civic, or even the nicer Mazdas like the 626 or MX-6, but these Mazda 323 cars run like champs. Take a licking and keep on ticking. This car was almost never in the repair shop. It needed the basic engine maintenance and brake jobs, but other than that there were nno problems. It's not going to win you any dates or turn any heads outsid...
Hey guys, loving mine so far lol. It's ugly as sin but it gets me 40 mins and back twice a day. Do any of you gentleman have any suggestions on the best engine swap? I've heard a turbo tracer will bolt right up to my '91 323. But I need some pro advice. Hit me up, and thanks!
A great little car! Gets in the mid 30s for mpg but still is a blast to push around the twisty back roads around here. Not to mention there are a range of motors that are direct swaps and easy to find in any junkyard if the factory 82hp motor isnt enough for you.