Mazda Protege5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mazda Protege5
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mazda Protege5 Problems
The passages for the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system can become restricted or clogged causing the Check Engine Light to illuminate. The EGR valve will need to be inspected and the passages cleaned.
Mazda Protege5 Questions
The check engine light came in and at the same time the TA light flashed. .I had it check and it said the speed sensor had to be changed, nothing else. . We change the speed sensor.. The light is off and then the next day the check engine light came on and the TA light flashed
Didn't pass a safety due to my brake failure indicators...what are all/any possibilities and what would i need to fix it?
I heard there was a pulley issue for this model year. Not sure which pulley, and what type of alignment problem it is to know if I can make any modifications. It's not a "simple task" to change the belts on this model. let alone when it breaks or comes off, your stranded ( as it al...
Mazda Protege5 Reviews
Love my MP5. But agree with other reviewer... lots of rust starting to form. I live in MA and we get brutal winters. Other than that, great car. Had to put some money for basic things like brakes, battery, rotors and exhaust is on the horizon too, but you have to expect that once you get to 100,000 miles. It's at 135,000 miles and still going strong. I think it can go to 200,000. Not a bad deal...
Good: The car handles very well. It's sporty suspension makes it a fun car to drive. I'm a DIY (as much as possible) and there are lots of enthusiasts/info on forums. The engine has been reliable. Con: The roads are salted here in the winter and the car suffers severe rust problems. EVERY Protege5 here has rust on it especially around the wheel wells and badges. The manual transmission g...
My car fells like something is holding it back think my differential is damaged could it be that everything else is working gears are going in ,engine idling good ,at a lost?