Mazda Protege Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mazda Protege
- if the timing belt is broken would the belts on out side of motor still turn
- Stalled out buy it self going down road will not restart it just turns over
- Will not restart after cutting out at 55 mph
- Run smoothly for about an hour, it will then stop,will start after 5 minutes apx
- Driving 55 car stopped running will not restart
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Mazda Protege Problems
The timing belt tensioner pulley may make a squealing noise from the timing cover area on cold startup. An updated tensioner with a thicker mounting bracket to eliminate vibration may be needed to solve the problem.
An electrically shorted air flow sensor can cause a crank-no start condition. Diagnosis may show that ignition spark is normal, and there are no trouble codes stored.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. New spark plug wires will be needed.
Mazda Protege Questions
the fan belt turns when trying to start car would this happen if timing belt is broken
Motor cut off stopped tried to restart but just turns over not starting with fuild
Was driving car stalled out try to restart but just turns over nut restarting
Mazda Protege Recalls
Some left rear brake hoses were damaged upon vehicle assembly. A damaged brake hose could lead to brake failure. Dealers will inspect and replace the hose as necessary.
Mazda Protege Reviews
I bought my 1993 totaled and fixed it....it had 18,000 miles then and has 170,000 now. It has been a trouble free reliable vehicle....it gets 40mpg on the hiway if I drive at 65 mph. Iam looking for another one but they are getting hard to find.....I wish they made new cars now like they did these cars
squeaking sounds in the back at low speeds is the only problem, my car is now at 160,000 miles and has no other problems though. really solid car. and great on gas =D
Been a great little car with No big repairs yet at 110000 miles