1992 Mazda Miata MX-5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mazda Miata MX-5
- Dealer fixed air conditioning after 65000 miles, now a high pitched hum.
- What may cause excessive fuel odor from exhaust pipe while engine is idling?
- My 92 Miata falls on it's face upon hard acceleration. I have tested the fuel
- Need Air Conditioning
- Tried all the easy fixes, close on emissions but failed.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Mazda Miata MX-5 Problems
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
The engine may idle roughly or stall when it's cold because the oil pump pressure relief plunger is sticking. Failure is usually due to wear and it causes excessive oil pressure to pump up the hydraulic valve lifters keeping the valves from closing completely, which results in a loss of compression. The oil pump will need to be replaced in this case.
1992 Mazda Miata MX-5 Questions
!992 mazda miata seems to burn a lot of gas for a 4 banger. I can smell gas fumes from the tail pipe while engine idles.
system and it is within specs, what's next?
92 miata wont' run fuel pump won't run new fuel pump new relay no power to fuel pump whats wrong
1992 Mazda Miata MX-5 Recalls
1992 Mazda Miata MX-5 Reviews
I've owned a 1992 mx5 for 10 years, I'm the second owner of the vehicle. I bought it with 65,000 miles on the odometer, it now has 230,000 miles on it and still runs strong. I live in Orange County, ca not far from Laguna Beach and use this car for weekend running around and love it. I can't say enough about this little car, and can't seem to let it go, that's how much I enjoy putting around in...