Reviews for Ford Mustang years:

Ford Mustang Reviews and Owner Comments

Ford MustangOwner Reviews (51 reviews)
  • 1995 Ford Mustang
    Visitor, Windham, ME, July 13, 2014 00:32
    I think it has one of the better Mustang styles. I am in process of doing the brakes, suspention, lowering and a couple of other goodies to it. Awesome car
    Visitor, Camarillo, CA, November 10, 2013 13:07
    Got new in Nov of 2010. So far have had many problems. Intermittent climate controll a/c blows warm air sometimes body is rusting. Steering wheel coming apart. Now have to keep adding coolant no leaks found no longer under warranty. Transmission is jerky. Good power for v6. Nice body style. Going to be my last ford purchase
    Visitor, Corpus Christi, TX, October 18, 2013 09:15
    I own a 2011 Mustang base that is only 2 years old and is now in the shop a second time for AC problems. The first time there was a crack in the hose to the compressor and now they are telling me my relay is out.. Sorry AC if it can't even last 2 years.
    Visitor, Guadalupe, CA, February 20, 2013 20:05
    Power steering assist failure warning. Power steering stops working. This is a major problem, safety issue, can lose steering ability while driving.
    Visitor, Greenville, MS, October 10, 2012 16:10
    I PURCHASED MY MUSTANG NEW N 19999 ITS GOT OVER 300,0000 MILES AND IS STILL RUNNIN STRONG. MOST OF THE PARTS ARE ORIGNAL SUCH AS THE ENGINE, TIMING BELT WATER PUMP,RADAITOR. THE DRIVER SEAT AND THE INSIDE ROOF NEEDS WORK BUT WHERE IT COUNTS IT RUNS GREAT,I DRIVE IT EVERYDAY TO WORK ABOUT A 150 MILES A DAY COMMUTE, LATLEY I BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE IDILING,WHEN I START THE ENGINE SHE IDILING HIGH THE RPM DONT DROP BELOW 1. ONCE I GET GOING AND STOP AT A LIGHT SHE IDLING SO LOW AS IF SHE GONNA CUT OFF, AT TIMES I PUT IT N NETURAL.. ANY ANSWERS TO THIS PROBLEM'HAVE ALREADY CHANGED PLUGS AND WIRES FUEL FILTER
  • 1996 Ford Mustang
    Visitor, Valley, AL, April 18, 2012 19:20
    all break lock up
  • 2004 Ford Mustang
    Visitor, Farmersville, TX, March 23, 2012 12:02
    car is tough and can take a good beating. i got my car with 136k miles on it and it still runs like its in its racing years! good gas mileage!
    Visitor, Tomahawk, WI, December 22, 2011 09:14
    tranmission goes out to fast blown 2 gears last year
    Visitor, Canton, GA, November 07, 2011 20:45
    I purchased my 03 mustang v6 coupe in 04 with 24000 miles now has 163000 on it and runs like a dream I have replaced the tranny once but was my fault so replaced with t5 from ford racing I have no complaints about this car and is still considered my baby. It has the pony package so basicly its a GT with a v6 also did not like the handling when I bought the car so changed the rims to 17x9.5 car now handles like it is on rails apparently the suspension setup on the 03 works great with wider rims and tires, have modified it and unmodified it many times over the years. including supercharger kit heads have been shaved a bit aluminum flywheel and so fourth the car actually still has the same battery in it from the factory I love this car and will never get rid of it just goes to show exactly what kind of cars ford is producing p.s this car has in no way ever been babied and will not be anytime soon
  • 2012 Ford Mustang
    Visitor, Manahawkin, NJ, September 13, 2011 09:31
    I rated reliability for the 2012 V6 Convertible only 3-stars simply because I've only owned it for a few weeks so it's too early to tell. I did want to report on two issues. 1) The V6 model doesn't come with a spare tire - the first car I've owned that didn't have one. According to Ford's web site: "Neither a full-sized nor a mini-spare tire is available from production as an option." And, 2) Water leaks into the trunk. Being repaired as I type this - according to a Google search this problem plagued Mustang convertibles in previous model years as well. :-(
    Visitor, Buckeye, AZ, August 20, 2011 12:34
    there are times when I can not take the key out the ignition HELP has any one had this problem ? thanks
    Visitor, Greene, RI, August 12, 2011 04:48
    I bought my 01 back in feb 04 45000 miles .99800 miles now It is a alright Car i wanted the GT model due to the bigger engine slightly better suspension. In some ways i am wishing i did . the suspension is alright for my Tastes Even with 29 MM anti Sway bar in the front and a 25 mm in the back the car rides stiffer The engine is solid. no denying it. its easy to work on. it produces enough HP They say 194 hp stock. It will spin the tires without a line lock to help it along. it will get it to 100+ pretty quickly. easy to mod its only 70 ish hp off from the v8 add a few mods dyno it your on par with the v8. Only thing I have a complaint about. The car is a complete dog with the ac on. don't expect to take off fast when you use it. The exhaust manifolds will break They are cheap and break at the welds. Then removing them is a chore. studs are the best.. break em you mind as well bring it to a mechanic. if yours didnt break You are extremely Lucky . I replaced mine with 1998 3.8 Oem fit headers fit like a glove. IT is also a known Defect in the car itself.. only things i had to replace are 2 calipers 2 rotors and 1 sets of pads new struts. oil changes tires . one batt. so the Car over all is Extremely reliable. The brake issue was my fault the brake fluid was burning up due to the manifold being cracked and Blowing the exhaust heat on the master cyl. made my fluid go bad and was freezing my calipers. Rock solid car reliable Decent gas mileage if you buy one make sure it had Only 1 owner..
    lisaj99, Winnsboro, TX, August 06, 2011 07:32
    The only thing I really dont like is how light the rear end is, but what is up with the abs brakes? Ive had the whole brakes redone and the light is still on, why? can anyone tell me??? Ive had it from day one and it still looks good, clean body and nice style, 35th anv edition, Where can I find a cheap shop that replaces the top, it has strectched alittle (being its and 11 yr olc car) in san antonio, tx.
  • 2004 Ford Mustang
    texaspony, Saint Petersburg, FL, July 23, 2011 03:57
    Right out of the blue I have a whinning sound that seems to be coming from behind the driver or passenger. It's annoying plus I need to fix it. Bob
  • 1997 Ford Mustang
    Visitor, Langhorne, PA, July 13, 2011 12:08
    WHY CANT FORD MAKE A CONVTBL. THAT DOEST. LEAK? ILL STICK TO MY CORVETTE...KEEP YOUR FORD. SPEND YOUR MONEY.HAAAA
    Visitor, Burleson, TX, June 08, 2011 15:00
    have had to replace front tie rods inner and outter and ball joints, air conditioning trouble ... compressor will not come on, good on everything else
    Visitor, Sand Springs, OK, April 14, 2011 13:07
    2011 Mustang Premium, Pony Pac, V6, MT with 10K miles. Great car, I'm like "a possum eatin' yellow jackets" when driving it - can't quit smiling. However, around 2500-2750 RPM on deceleration in 3rd gear (most noticeable), there's a vibration / roar in the cabin (shakes dash at times). Recently serviced, I was told vibration was normal...I say BS. Apparently, the dual mass flywheel springs are the culprit. It would be ironically funny to me if Ford used this flywheel to help with NVH (noise, vibration and harshness).
    angel2485, Rosamond, CA, December 29, 2010 04:31
    2000 Ford Mustang drives and handles well on dry roads, good on wet roads, has a little sway at higher speeds but still handles well has good response in body sway. Good gas mileage, quiet engine some road noise inside cabin on some roads but otherwise quiet and comfortable with good quality tires. Suspension is firm and steering is responsive. Heating and air conditioning work well air conditioning very cold. No electrical problems noted. Drive train has a slight vibration during quick stops. Interior is comfortable during long trips, driver side seat has electric adjustments while passenger side has only manual adjustments, seat belts are positioned too close to door and seat, difficult to retrieve from side of door and seat. interior is mostly plastic but feels sturdy. Bought this car used with 73,000 miles on it, it's been very reliable so far, only had the camshaft position sensor replaced recently and even with that problem the car ran beautifully no problems. I love this car and am slowly adding improvements such as high performance parts like K&N filters and synthetic oils will also add high performance spark plug wires and some chrome interior improvements, you can always rely on a Ford.
  • 1997 Ford Mustang
    formula1shelly, Los Angeles, CA, December 27, 2010 20:25
    Never selling this car. Fits like a glove.
    Stang88, Whittier, CA, December 27, 2010 20:22
    I have had my V6 stang for 4 1/2 years. I bought it used and have had to replace the alternator and the engine just went out. It has 104k miles, but I think the engine problem was my fault for not keeping up with maintenance. I love the car and am going to fix it.
    tisesdr, Carlisle, KY, December 27, 2010 08:23
    i bought my stang in 2006. it had 40,000 miles on it. this is my second stang. it has never failed to start. it a hell of a car except for the brakes. i have had to replace the brakes and i mean rotors, callipers, hoses all of it about twice a yr. im getting ready to get rid of it cause of this. its bankrupted me over this issue. now when i turn the wheel it squeeks so i assume something with the tie rods or what have you are bad. replaced the clutch at 120,000. replaced alt and battery at 130,000. on second set or tires which are very expensive. had to replace exhaust and convertor at 140,000. that was some major money. now the car is bucking and jerking. had it looked at and they cant seem to find what is wrong with it. bought fuel line clean out but it didnt help. its going up for sale. cant deal with all the money issues any longer.
    Visitor, Greenwood, IN, December 09, 2010 11:53
    I have owned my 98 v6 for 4 years now. ( this car has been passed down to me from family) I am very pleased with it. Car is deff not the fastest. fun to drive. obviously not that great in the snow. had the break master cylinder go out on me while on the highway @ 145k miles( very scary) Thanks to the manual i was able to slow it down by down shifting. replaced clutch at 130K miles ( from stock). The car is fairly easy to work on. All in all i have had very good luck with this car it now has 180K miles and i do regular preventative maintenance on it and it has treated me well. going to be very hard to part with it, if i am ever able to.
    Visitor, Fortville, IN, December 07, 2010 20:37
    I am the proud owner of a 180k mile GT. I bought it in 2004 with 75k miles, and haven't looked back. It was a 1 owner car with complete service history and an over-protective Owner (My favorite). Unfortunately '98 was the las year before the "PI" engines came out, so it is a little lacking in power. However, the 5-speed gearbox makes up for it. 1st is geared low enough to hit the "sweet spot" quickly, and yet 5th is geared low enough to cruise on the highway at 60MPH and 1500RPM (or 80MPH @ 2000RPM if you are interested). Typical of the SN-95 mustangs, they ride a little high, but with some experience, turn in and the ride quality can be managed with throttle control. Unfortunately at high speeds (120MPH+) the front end tends to float badly, but lowering and a more aerodynamic bodykit, etc. can assist this... Although who really needs to go that fast (ducks head). The Intake manifold must be replaced due to the coolant crossover being plastic and cracking/leaking into the spark plug holes, but this is a fairly inexpensive replacement, and the perfect opportunity to replace the Idle Air Control, and anything else you want to replace that just wears over time (and you want to preventatively replace). Brakes are strong, and with high quality pads, and downshifting assist can stop "on a dime". The headlights do "fog" badly, and are very dim, but for a couple hundred bucks and an hour or so free time, and you can replace them with high visibility aftermarket lenses which are ALWAYS an excellent upgrade in any vehicle (especially when over 10 yrs old). The heat is scalding, and the air is Freezing... not much more to say about that. Many people prefer to replace the exhaust to get rid of the ridiculously large amount of heat shields, and to improve sound quality, but even if you can't afford it, this vehicles stainless steel exhaust has a nice soft rumble at idle that amplifies several decibels under acceleration. It is a thoroughly enjoyable car, fun to drive, still turns heads, and above all, is VERY inexpensive ranging from $4,000-$7,000 in my area depending on mileage, and aftermarket improvements. (P.S. - Did I mention I AVERAGE 22MPG with a '98 muscle car?)
  • 2007 Ford Mustang
    Rob Sturtz, San Francisco, CA, November 19, 2010 10:13
    I drove a Mustang convertible around for a week on my vacation and it was a dog. It was the 6 cylinder model, but I did expect it to have a bit more pickup and handle turns better. It felt like driving a boat. I wish the suspension was tighter.
    Herman050953, Hubert, NC, September 10, 2010 18:20
    I bought my car with 15,000 miles on it in 2003, it is now over 200,000 miles in 2010. Throughout the years the starter went out, I replaced the rubber grommet to keep the fuel tank from leaking, Alternator replaced. Had a minor car accident that was professionally taken care of by Moore's Buick here in Jacksonville NC and regular routine maintenance but other than that it's a great car. I keep my car garaged everyday to slow the aging process from the outside elements. The car is regularly waxed and cleaned to keep it looking like new. Rain now sneaks in to my convertible behind the rear seat. I'm still trying to figure a good way to fix that. I also am trying to figure out how to fix my key remote without spending too much on it. I can't complain though the car is over 10 years old and it's still a very reliable car. I am planning to keep it awhile longer so that my son can enjoy it when he is on his own. It still looks like new and I still get plenty of comment on how great my car looks from friends and strangers.
    waknpak, Craigsville, WV, August 11, 2010 16:08
    i bought my 99 in feb of 10.super good looking car.93,000 actual.clean as a pin in and out.it gets the looks and performs great for a v6.i have ran into some problems lately in the electrical,tranny,and handling department.but then again.the roads are rough and curvy here and i do drive in conditions of harder accelerations and quick stopping.so i can't blame the car.everything wears out from use eventually.it is a fun car to drive,very cheap on gas and insurance.i recommend everyone own at least one of these in thier lifetime.next i'm moving up to an 05.i'm sure those are just as fun and then some.
    Visitor, Franklin, MI, July 14, 2010 19:34
    I have a 2002 V6 Convertible that looks really nice and runs pretty well. I picked it up as a used car, with 40,000 miles on it so the paint has a few chips here and there but overall, still shines. In hot weather, as I come to a stop, the engine will "shudder" a bit at times and then settle down; I don't know why yet. Acceleration is acceptable from a rolling 20; off the line ... not impressive. For the thrill of top-down summertime driving this car is perfect. For the "wow" factor, image-wise, people comment all the time. I'm glad I bought it; great fun to own & drive. Revman
    Visitor, Cypress, CA, July 11, 2010 11:27
    Bought my with 10,000 miles on it in 2001, 170,000 now. Up to now, the fuel pump went out a couple of years ago but other than that it's been routine maintenance. I have had to replace the trunk mounted brake light a couple of times. Sunlight cracks them out really fast. I can't complain though it's been a very reliable car. In here today because I am changing the drivers side exhaust manifold.
  • 1996 Ford Mustang
    Visitor, Clinton, AR, June 08, 2010 09:21
    my mustang has 242,000 miles on it. the car could use new struts to help with the hills and carves but other than that i drive it every day and never have any problems out of it. 96 mustang 3.8l 5 speed
    Visitor, Tampa, FL, May 24, 2010 08:37
    Fun car to drive. As original owner of 12 year vehicle with 75k miles on it, very little in the way of problems or repair. Kept up with maintenance schedule throughout the years and it has paid off in spades. Car is in mint condition and drives like a dream. Will have a difficult time parting with it if ever forced to. Will try to avoid that but dont have the luxury of storing it.
    Visitor, Angier, NC, April 26, 2010 20:10
    This is a Great car. 12 years old and has the original headlights. 150,000 miles and the only things I've replaced are the battery(once), tires, fluids and filters and the serpentine belt. If the new ones are this good I'd buy one tomorrow.
  • 2010 Ford Mustang
    Robbie8907, Summerfield, NC, April 18, 2010 18:53
    Great car! This is the only automatic v6 car i have driven that has the power to burn out from a stop! it has great power, amazing looks, and the options (even base models) for the interior are amazing! I used to own civics, i have a 1976 corvette stingray, and just got rid of a 2004 330i bmw. This car beats them ALL by far! Great for cruising, and REALLY fun to kick up the speed on backroads that have a lot of hills and curves. It grips the road like it is nailed down to it and as smooth as you can get a car to be! AMAZING CAR FOR PRICE!!
    StangLea, Hagerstown, MD, March 21, 2010 12:16
    This is my third Mustang and I love it. The 2001, that is. I bought it brand new with 11 miles on it. It has been very reliable for me. The color is clear coat Red.
    Elnegro, Honolulu, HI, March 19, 2010 21:27
    Love the color also!!!
    hopenimmo, Paris, TX, March 18, 2010 06:48
    My 2002 was PERFECT until about 1 year ago...I started having problems with my car dying so we replaced the battery and alternator each about 2 times in a 3-4 month period...car does OK as long as I don't run the heater or AC (when I do so, it draws too much power and at stop lights the car starts to die)...also can't really drive at night because using the lights causes the same problem...anyone know what causes this?
    Meridional, Alexandria, VA, September 21, 2009 07:55
    Solid performer all around with some irritating issues. Driver's side window has never fit properly. The headlight covers fill with water and have clouded over, which is not good. I think I am going to need new shocks and struts soon, but not sure. The convertible top leaks at the glass rear window, which must be replaced entirely to fix any leaks -- to the tune of over 400 dollars (in N. VA). Aside from being underpowered ... the engine needs the oil changed and that is about it for 60K miles, so far. Brakes wear out quickly, but that might just be stop and go traffic in metropolitan area. This is a reliable car that is basically well made that is fun to drive and gets around in all contintions. I will buy a new one soon.
    LVI56, Hemet, CA, August 25, 2009 14:46
    My review might be a little off, as I am at least the 5th owner of mine. The car is great, looks great, runs great...when it runs! I have had all sorts of issues. Fuel pump went out on me, and I found out a previous owner in 2004 had the same problem. The lights are terrible, have to always have the brights on to see...and I have aftermarket headlights, Impossible to aim the properly. I am currently having electrical issues. Already had to have the transmission rebuilt and clutch replaced. Like I said, many previous owners, thing has had a beating and I have been left to repair it all. Worst thing to happen to me, I am forever turned off to Fords.
    emackstarr37, Taylors, SC, May 24, 2009 10:13
    I love this car, of course I own one so I may be a little prejudiced when it comes to this car! :-)
    lubedude08, Broomfield, CO, May 10, 2009 03:10
    They don't make them like they used to! My 2003 Convertible Mustang looks VERY nice, and runs somewhat ok! I give it a 5 out of 10 rating...I am a Auto Repair Shop Manager with about 12 years in the business...I have not seen many major repairs to any Mustang engines, and thats why I bought my stang! I must say I have the NER ZERO PERILLI tires and HATE THEM! Designed for Mustangs, it backs up Fords poor quality! I have had to replace exhaust manifolds right away (55,000 miles) I work at a Econo Lube N' Tune & Brakes in Broomfield Colorado 80020, and only use Top of the line products in my car...Just broke 90,000 so I better keep up the maintenance or I will be paying car payments and paying for repairs (THANK GOD I only pay for parts aand do the work myself!) Either way you look at it the FORD TOUGH moto does NOT apply to newer Mustangs...Its fun to drive (only in summertime), but handles poor! I also had electrical issues with brake switch...whats next?
    MustangGTGirl, Villa Park, IL, May 05, 2009 07:22
    Love it
    Sir Iron Jim, Hercules, CA, April 26, 2009 19:46
    Very reliable, and has some very good speed to it, this 1989 Mustangs engine was rebuilt after it reached 509,000 miles, some electrical problems when turning on the fog lamps which is common with models 1987 - 1992
    billswanson, Henderson, KY, April 13, 2009 08:38
    i bought this car used and am investing in its renewal.you cant go wrong with a stang regardless of model.mine is a convertable and i love it.its a great car to look at and drive.its worth the time and money to get it back to like new condition. amen ford keep the legend alive
    SandMan, Aurora, CO, April 08, 2009 15:57
    We got a 2006 Mustang GT for my wife. It's a little too rough around the edges for my tastes, but it's a great fit for her. If you're looking for an exciting "pony car", you can't go wrong here.
    maw96usa, Fort Collins, CO, March 30, 2009 21:37
    I love the Mustang. The 94-98 are one of my favorite body styles, but I love 'em all!!!
  • 1995 Ford Mustang
    Tripllew, Allen, TX, March 13, 2009 11:46
    I love this car but I need a new paint job and refurbishing.
    yoyo100, San Francisco, CA, March 08, 2009 09:06
    Cheaply made interiors, but freakin' fast! Cool body.
  • 2005 Ford Mustang
    StangDoggy, Rocky River, OH, January 22, 2009 12:33
    I've heard the convertable models are significantly slower. For a V6, the coupe is a torque monster. It's not as clunky as the previous mustangs, but there is more body roll. For the price, no other car can touch it. Great Ride!
    avenger2000, Burleson, TX, December 26, 2008 17:43
    2006 Ford Mustang Convertible Great car! Looks,performance,good bang for the $.If you want a 6 cylinder get the Pony Package premium edition.Shares the same handling package as the GT.Can always add the Ford Racing Power Pak for more ponies.
  • 1993 Ford Mustang
    ammo1234, Fort Bragg, NC, November 12, 2008 13:48
    its a good car but has problems when your trying to restore it such as wire shorts, alternator problems, and the pulleys are made of plastic if you haven't changed the pulleys and you still have the pulleys from the day it was on the lot back in 1993 change them
    GreenGin, Arlington, MA, October 21, 2008 02:48
    fast and furious
    gary1025, Elkton, MD, August 26, 2008 19:36
    Good car. Have had a few minor issues...A/C needed recharged. Battery died