1997 Ford Mustang Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Ford Mustang
- I changed my water pump, thermastat, and radiator, and my car still running hot.
- 1997 Mustang convertible, must have emergency brake on when putting top down, wh
- my anti theft is keeping my car from starting can I reset
- My car wont move while in drive but it will reverse fine?
- fuel pump fuse keeps blowing. first started with other fuses
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Ford Mustang Problems
If a squeaking noise is heard while turning the steering wheel, the outer tie rod ends may be worn and should be replaced.
It is not uncommon for the intake manifold and/or valve cover gaskets to develop a coolant or oil leak. Leakage from the intake manifold may result in coolant in the engine oil. Coolant mixing with the engine oil severally impacts the lubrication ability of the oil. Internal engine may result if this condition is not repaired promptly.
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
1997 Ford Mustang Questions
my car will turn over but wont start security light is flashing
i already changed the gasket to my fuel pan and changed my filter and put new transmission fluid in it. When put in Drive wont take off unless i get up to 3000rpm but when stopping wont go again. reverse works fine. what is the problem (1997 ford mustang V6 3.8)
I had the inside fuses blowing for lights and radio then they quit and went to the fuel pump fuse and turn signal fuses. fuel pump fuse is in the engine fuse block. I changed the ccrm and fuel pump but the fuse still blows. what else should I be looking at