1997 Ford Mustang Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Ford Mustang
- The brake lights will not work at all. blinkers work, flashers work.
- My car hesitates when I accelerate. That's only after a little time of driving.
- engine started to make tick sound like lifters sticking then got louder
- I changed my water pump, thermastat, and radiator, and my car still running hot.
- 1997 Mustang convertible, must have emergency brake on when putting top down, wh
1997 Ford Mustang Problems
If a squeaking noise is heard while turning the steering wheel, the outer tie rod ends may be worn and should be replaced.
It is not uncommon for the intake manifold and/or valve cover gaskets to develop a coolant or oil leak. Leakage from the intake manifold may result in coolant in the engine oil. Coolant mixing with the engine oil severally impacts the lubrication ability of the oil. Internal engine may result if this condition is not repaired promptly.
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
1997 Ford Mustang Questions
the running lights all work as well. I have tested the pedal switch with test light and gets power on both contacts in normal and with pedal pressed. I am at a loss and cant afford to take to the shop. Any ideas would be a huge help.
hot days overheat occasionally tick started at low speed got louder with acceleration abiout a week or so it got loud so i parked it. any ideas what i could do besides new engine
my car will turn over but wont start security light is flashing