1996 Ford Mustang Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Ford Mustang
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Ford Mustang Problems
If a squeaking noise is heard while turning the steering wheel, the outer tie rod ends may be worn and should be replaced.
It is not uncommon for the intake manifold and/or valve cover gaskets to develop a coolant or oil leak. Leakage from the intake manifold may result in coolant in the engine oil. Coolant mixing with the engine oil severally impacts the lubrication ability of the oil. Internal engine may result if this condition is not repaired promptly.
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
1996 Ford Mustang Questions
I've replaced the MAF sensor and the purge valve and IAT sensor and 2 O2 sensors, and a filler gasket. I've been running premium fuel and checked my vacuum hoses. but my car says I could have vacuum leak, and check fuel pressure. I will be sitting at a stop light and it'll idle at ...
the car will die when ever I take a corner or at times when I'm in a line of traffic slowing down for a traffic light or just in a slow line of traffic. I just had to have new lower intake gaskets put on due to a blown lower intake gasket at the water port on the lower intake this is when I ...
replaced purge control solenoid light still on