2010 Ford Mustang Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Ford Mustang
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2010 Ford Mustang Problems
If a squeaking noise is heard while turning the steering wheel, the outer tie rod ends may be worn and should be replaced.
The synchronizer shaft for the camshaft position sensor can cause a loud squeak or chirping noise due to failure of the upper bushing. The noise may be erratic and is usually present when the engine is warm.
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
2010 Ford Mustang Questions
I was told it is probably just the seal. Any idea on cost?
I purchased a 2010 Mustang used and just had it to the dealer who told me it was missing a gravel shield. He said it was $290 to put on parts and labor. I am trying to find the part online but my search for gravel shield doesn't show any part by that name, at least that I can find. Does it...
The transmission has a small leak and the dealer is saying it could be just a seal or it could be a cracked transmission case. I am trying to figure out what the cost of replacing the transmission case would be worst case. Plus is a cracked case under warranty (5-year Powertrain)?
2010 Ford Mustang Reviews
Great car! This is the only automatic v6 car i have driven that has the power to burn out from a stop! it has great power, amazing looks, and the options (even base models) for the interior are amazing! I used to own civics, i have a 1976 corvette stingray, and just got rid of a 2004 330i bmw. This car beats them ALL by far! Great for cruising, and REALLY fun to kick up the speed on backroads t...