1994 Ford Mustang Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Ford Mustang
- why is there heat coming out of the floor vent when the heat isn't on?
- What is making slight whistle around throttle body during slight engine rev
- All intake gaskets and vacuum line have been replaced. Still has a vacuum leak
- What is commonly known to break on 94 mustangs
- Why does my heat only work some of the time??
1994 Ford Mustang Problems
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
It is not uncommon for the intake manifold and/or valve cover gaskets to develop a coolant or oil leak. Leakage from the intake manifold may result in coolant in the engine oil. Coolant mixing with the engine oil severally impacts the lubrication ability of the oil. Internal engine may result if this condition is not repaired promptly.
If you experience difficulty starting the engine when cold, stalling at idle, or hesitations during acceleration, it may be the idle air bypass valve. This valve helps the vehicle idle steady when the accelerator pedal is not pressed.
1994 Ford Mustang Questions
Also stuttering during acceleration. On board diagnostic system does not work
could this be the antilock on the brakes ?
I have replaced all the bulbs and checked the fuses. Should I start with the wiring next?