1998 Ford Mustang Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Ford Mustang
- Where is the fuse for cigarette lighter or power outlet?
- Car doesn't always crank back up after turning it off unless u wait a little-why
- What is.suppose.to be in the hole with a garment on top the valve cover on left
- car bogs out on acceleration as if flooding or blockage in fuel line does this
- Drivers' side power window is stuck in the down position. Right side works fine.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Ford Mustang Problems
If a squeaking noise is heard while turning the steering wheel, the outer tie rod ends may be worn and should be replaced.
It is not uncommon for the intake manifold and/or valve cover gaskets to develop a coolant or oil leak. Leakage from the intake manifold may result in coolant in the engine oil. Coolant mixing with the engine oil severally impacts the lubrication ability of the oil. Internal engine may result if this condition is not repaired promptly.
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
1998 Ford Mustang Questions
Runs good, no check engine lights. I can drive any distance, but sometimes when I cut it off, it wont catch and run for a while. Starter engages, car just won't catch. I have changed plugs and checked battery and cables. everything looks fine. Could it be a fuel pump? Problem is random. ...
I opened hood and there wasnt anything in mine and was.smelling oil burning on exhaust and lost gas mileage and motor idles up down from 1100 rpm too 800
does this car have afuel filter or doyou think it is electrical also car revs up is inconsistent sometimes revs up to 3000rpms sometimes revs up only to 1500 or 2000 rpms and starts sputtering as if missing car has been sitting for awhile
1998 Ford Mustang Recalls
1998 Ford Mustang Reviews
I have owned my 98 v6 for 4 years now. ( this car has been passed down to me from family) I am very pleased with it. Car is deff not the fastest. fun to drive. obviously not that great in the snow. had the break master cylinder go out on me while on the highway @ 145k miles( very scary) Thanks to the manual i was able to slow it down by down shifting. replaced clutch at 130K miles ( from stock)...
I am the proud owner of a 180k mile GT. I bought it in 2004 with 75k miles, and haven't looked back. It was a 1 owner car with complete service history and an over-protective Owner (My favorite). Unfortunately '98 was the las year before the "PI" engines came out, so it is a little lacking in power. However, the 5-speed gearbox makes up for it. 1st is geared low enough to hit the "sweet spot" q...
Cheaply made interiors, but freakin' fast! Cool body.