2003 Ford Mustang Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Ford Mustang
- It appears that the belt idler pulley on my mustang is not in contact with belt
- I have a red brake symbol light up on my dashboard, what does this mean?
- weird noise when I hot the brake when the car is turned off or on.not the brakes
- What are the fromt tie rods and how much to get them replaced
- i already know the common noises a car makes when u need your brakes replaced. its none of those. but every time I hit the brakes I get this weird noise,like the sound when u sit on a old bed with springs. i changed brakes,& the shocks&struts not the prob
2003 Ford Mustang Problems
If a squeaking noise is heard while turning the steering wheel, the outer tie rod ends may be worn and should be replaced.
The synchronizer shaft for the camshaft position sensor can cause a loud squeak or chirping noise due to failure of the upper bushing. The noise may be erratic and is usually present when the engine is warm.
A creak/pop noise while turning may mean that updated steering rack bushing tubes need to be installed.
2003 Ford Mustang Questions
When idling car begins to overheat .
It shutters more when it is warmed up or really hot out.
Changed the struts ,
2003 Ford Mustang Recalls
On some Mustang Cobra models, the unique rear surface of the accelerator pedal may catch the cutout in the floor carpeting and not allow the engine to return to idle. This could cause longer stopping distances and/or unexpected, continued acceleration, which may lead to a crash. Dealers will install a shield over the cutout in the carpet behind the accelerator pedal. The recall began April 26, 2006. The Ford recall number is 06S43.
2003 Ford Mustang Reviews
I purchased my 03 mustang v6 coupe in 04 with 24000 miles now has 163000 on it and runs like a dream I have replaced the tranny once but was my fault so replaced with t5 from ford racing I have no complaints about this car and is still considered my baby. It has the pony package so basicly its a GT with a v6 also did not like the handling when I bought the car so changed the rims to 17x9.5 car ...
there are times when I can not take the key out the ignition HELP has any one had this problem ? thanks
They don't make them like they used to! My 2003 Convertible Mustang looks VERY nice, and runs somewhat ok! I give it a 5 out of 10 rating...I am a Auto Repair Shop Manager with about 12 years in the business...I have not seen many major repairs to any Mustang engines, and thats why I bought my stang! I must say I have the NER ZERO PERILLI tires and HATE THEM! Designed for Mustangs, it backs up ...