2001 Ford Mustang Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Ford Mustang
- what kind of symptoms are possible if your camshaft position sensor is bad?
- Why does my car shift smoothly from 1st to 2nd but will not shift into 3rd?
- engine starts to miss and then shuts down
- car has no forward, reverse though, fluid was low, can you help finding out why?
- what and how to fix when code reads P1237 Fuel Pump Secondary circuit fault?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Ford Mustang Problems
If a squeaking noise is heard while turning the steering wheel, the outer tie rod ends may be worn and should be replaced.
It is not uncommon for the intake manifold and/or valve cover gaskets to develop a coolant or oil leak. Leakage from the intake manifold may result in coolant in the engine oil. Coolant mixing with the engine oil severally impacts the lubrication ability of the oil. Internal engine may result if this condition is not repaired promptly.
A creak/pop noise while turning may mean that updated steering rack bushing tubes need to be installed.
2001 Ford Mustang Questions
once engine reaches operating temp. the code indicates that misfire nos. 5 cylinder. once engine cools down and cold again, will start and run fine until it reaches op temp again.
where do I locate the bands, after I drop the pan, what do I look for? under the filter, fluid, broken parts, Where would I locate ford Video on this trans, the 3.8 V-6?
I have a 2001 ford mustang,the car died while running and wouldn't start again so I hooked up the diagnostic and got P1237 I'm just not sure what to do to repair this, any help sure would be appreciated
2001 Ford Mustang Recalls
2001 Ford Mustang Reviews
I bought my 01 back in feb 04 45000 miles .99800 miles now It is a alright Car i wanted the GT model due to the bigger engine slightly better suspension. In some ways i am wishing i did . the suspension is alright for my Tastes Even with 29 MM anti Sway bar in the front and a 25 mm in the back the car rides stiffer The engine is solid. no denying it. its easy to work on. it ...
I have had my V6 stang for 4 1/2 years. I bought it used and have had to replace the alternator and the engine just went out. It has 104k miles, but I think the engine problem was my fault for not keeping up with maintenance. I love the car and am going to fix it.
This is my third Mustang and I love it. The 2001, that is. I bought it brand new with 11 miles on it. It has been very reliable for me. The color is clear coat Red.