Rerouting Ignition Coil/Spark Plug Wires Can Solve Misfire/Surge Problems on Dodge Durango

Rerouting the ignition coil wire and spark plug wires can help solve a misfire and/or surge problem that occurs at approximately 45 mph. A service bulletin was published that outlines the specifics of the repair. It states the rerouting procedure should be performed before other repairs are done for misfires, surging or spark knock.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 167,935 (130,000–244,548)
Exhaust & Emissions affected: 5.9L V8
8 model years affected: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, more2002, 2003, 2005, 2006
15 people reported this problem
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 problem details
2002 Dodge Durango - 5.9L V8 150,000 mi,
Stepped on the gas, heard a pop sound, lost all power but engine idled rough. Was able to coast it to my house where it now sits. I was able to get it to turn over once since and it idled very roughly. Since then it's only been a crank and no start. Every now and then I smell a bit of gas, but I imagine it is only from the injectors trying to start. I did hook up a OBD II Scanner to it, the codes were P0300, P0302, and P0308. I know these are misfire codes, and I did clear them out. It did not solve the problem. It still cranks but does not start. And no more codes are showing, and the scanner says PASS as well as the dashboard option for checking the errors. It says P done when tested. I replaced the Crankshaft sensor, reset the PCM, and still nothing. Help!
2001 Dodge Durango - 5.9L V8 130,000 mi,
Constant P0308 code. No solution found at this time.
2001 Dodge Durango 156,000 mi,
About 30 to 50 mph it's spits and spotters sometimes you have to pull over turn off and restart to get it to run right
2005 Dodge Durango - 5.9L V8 140,000 mi,
MINE DOES THIS HAS A MISFIRE. AS NOT YET BEEN FIXED.
2000 Dodge Durango - 5.9L V8 178,000 mi,
at around 45mph my durango jolts as if the coil isn't sparking the plugs.
1999 Dodge Durango 244,548 mi,