Toyota Corolla Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Toyota Corolla
- What would cause uneven tread wear, on the inner most tread of my front tire
- no gastank pressure when taking off gas cap car works good a little hard on gas
- Why doesn't my 2000 Toyota corolla have power after putting in a rebuilt engine?
- Making a rattling/knocking noise on belt side of engine
- A mechanic found Fuel Trim System too lean. The fuel trims to be very high, fuel System too lean bank 1. What does it need to be done in order to fix this problem?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Toyota Corolla Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an evaporative emission (EVAP) system fault. Our technicians tell us these EVAP system faults can be difficult to diagnose but it is not uncommon to find a failed charcoal canister or a loose or worn gas cap.
The mass air flow sensor on higher mileage cars occasionally needs to be cleaned or replaced if sluggish acceleration is experienced or the Check Engine Light is illuminated with a mass air flow meter sensor fault code stored.
The engine mount on the passenger side of the car can wear out on cars with high mileage. This will put extra stress on the other mounts and the faulty mount will need to be replaced.
Toyota Corolla Questions
My Toyota has 210000 miles on it. I've never had a problem but lately I've been hearing a rattling/knocking sound coming from the belt side of the engine. Oil is good, any idea on what it could be?
Toyota Corolla Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
When deployed, excessive pressure can build in the passenger front airbag. This could cause the inflator to rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury to vehicle occupants. This recall affects both originally installed passenger front airbags as well as those that were installed as replacement service parts. Toyota and General Motors will replace the passenger front airbag inflator on their respective vehicles involved in this recall.
The steering column assembly contains electrical connections for the driver's airbag, commonly called the "clock spring". This spiral cable assembly includes a Flexible Flat Cable (FFC). Due to the shape and location of the FFC's retainer, the FFC could become damaged when the steering wheel is turned. If the FFC is damaged, the driver's airbag could be deactivated. The failure of the driver's airbag to deploy when required increases the risk of injury to the driver. When the parts are available, dealers will replace the spiral cable assembly to correct this concern.
Toyota Corolla Reviews
running when wheather hot engine loses power shut down ,when cool after 30 min. restarts runs fine than repeats replaced fuel pump dist. disp cap , rotor ,plugs , wires ,water pump
I have a 2009 corolla the water pump went out and threw the serpentine belt. Towed it home and replaced both ,but now the car will turn over but won,t start. Can anyone give me some advise on what to possibly might be the problem.I appreciate the help. Thanks
my corolla has a grinding noise when you turn the wheels all the way and when the engine and transmission is cold the transmission jumps in first then clears up i let it warm up 5 minutes what colud the problems be?