Honda Civic Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Honda Civic
- What's caught the problem when I turn the engine key on and it sound rattle?
- Key won't turn in the ignition
- what is wrong when right rear window goes down but not up using master switch?
- Car won't start then after few tries it does new battery alternator starter good
- My ac don't work it doesn't blow any air. They told me to check the fuse.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Honda Civic Problems
On certain models the windshield wipers will not park in the proper place or won't shut off. The wiper motor must be replaced to repair this issue.
Damaged engine mounts can lead to vibration and roughness felt in the steering wheel. A rattle in the dash and engine area may also be heard. Replacement of damaged mounts will commonly correct these issues.
On some models the hood release cable breaks at the hood release handle.
Honda Civic Questions
But I don't know we're the ac fuse is located. Help please.
Weak battery or Starter?
Honda Civic Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Honda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Airbags use a chemical reaction contained in an inflator module to create the pressure necessary to inflate the bags when deployment is required. These vehicles are being recalled because the front passenger airbag inflator may produce excessive internal pressure when deployed. As a result, the inflator module could rupture causing metal fragments to strike vehicle occupants. Dealers will inspect and replace any defective passenger front airbag inflator module found.
Honda Civic Reviews
my questions is this..I have a 1996 honda civic ex with 69,000 miles that I inherited. IT is a Michigan car, and a mechnic where i live in colorado just discovered that the front subframe needed replacement due to severe rust. My question is...at what point will i need a timing belt replacement and will it be a belt that needs replacement or a chain?
Had to replace Engine Mount at 30k miles. It would rattle and make a bad low grumble sound in Reverse. That's a tough $600 to drop on a non Warranty part of the Engine. Anybody else had similar problems?
I'm the original owner. It's a 1997 Civic EX. The car has run like a champ from day one. Just stay ahead of the maintenance schedule; timing belt, water pump, drive shafts, brakes, oil changes, air and fuel filter changes. No problem. Major repairs done ; radiator @ 125k, clutch @ 225k, struts @ 215k, rear brakes lasted to 250K and drums were still good, changed boots on steering rack @ 260...