Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volkswagen Jetta
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Ignition Coil, Ignition Wires, and Spark Plugs May Fail
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Engine light on -- exhaust system malfunction
- Cannot get a back window to stay up.
- Problem with a fuel sensor? Something that is shutting the car off. Any Ideas?
- Without insurance, roughly how much would it cost to repair a 2012 2.5L SEL Premium Sedan 4D? involved in a fender bender; it will need a new front bumper, hood, front driver's side panel and perhaps a driver door since it is a little bent from opening
- Masses of white, then blue smoke from exhaust. Rattling noise and metallic stink
Volkswagen Jetta Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
An ignition coil or spark plug may fail unexpectedly resulting in an engine misfire and possible illumination of the Check Engine Light. Vehicles equipped with spark plug wires may also develop a misfire caused by a failed spark plug wire.
Volkswagen Jetta Questions
it was smoking so bad I thought my car was going to blow up but then it restarted and I pulled over safely
Q: Which of the wirings in the ODB2 socket connector on the 2000 VW Jetta VR6 supposed to be live and what are its functions? Thanks in advance for any information anyone may provide.
The ODB2 socket in my '00 Jetta keeps showing a "Linking Error" when I have the reader connected to it to try to get codes. What could be the possible causes for this? I have tested the wires and wires 4, 8 and 15 are the active ones. I appreciate any help. Thanks!
Volkswagen Jetta Recalls
The fuel rail is a tube that carries fuel to the fuel injectors. A sealing cap on the fuel rail may leak, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the affected fuel rail to correct this concern.
A sealing cap at the fuel rail may fail, allowing fuel to leak into the engine compartment, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel rail on affected vehicles to correct this concern.
If a rear suspension trailing arm becomes bent, its durability may be compromised and it could break unexpectedly. If this were to occur vehicle control would be affected, increasing the risk of a crash. When parts become available, dealers will install a sheet metal inlay on each of the rear axle trailing arms to prevent sudden loss of vehicle control should a rear trailing arm suddenly break.
Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
My 2001 Jetta was new when I got it and 9 years later, I really haven't had any problems with it..But as I'm reading other ppls stories I felt the need to give some advice. They "Crayon" smell is just a sign the cabin filter needs to be replaced..It actually never bothered me but of course it was a "suggested" replacement when I needed my air conditioner serviced because it wasnt cold..It just...
I bought this car a little under 5 years ago. in the intervening time I've put almost 150,000 miles on my jetta, and not the old lady driving back and forth to the market to get Wheatabix kind of miles, but the jobs in three different cities, hauling metal and tools for metal art, drunken offroading at my mom's house kind of miles. i've put this car through the worst sort of hell one can imag...
I bought this car new and have never had so many problems with a vehicle before. The car runs great and is very mechanically sound, but the nuisance issues have made owning this car a headache. So far I've had to replace the A/C Compressor (covered under warranty as VW admitted a problem with the part - told it would have been $3200 to repair), the drivers door wiring harness ($600), the sunro...