Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

my parents bought me a 1997 mercury mountaineer with a 5.0 v8 small block just recently it started making a knocking sound in the engine compartment any ideas on what might have caused it i will be changing the oil this saturday but could there be anything else going on.
Car like new with all bells and now only 11,000 miles
Ever since I got mine had both of the front tires fall off I smell gas all the time and the car keeps turning off I don't like it hate no matter what I do something goes wrong I fix one thing and something else go's wrong and has put me and my family endanger I do not like my Lincoln LS 2002
I LOVE this little wagon!!! All leather, turbo, beautiful body, silver in color with tinted windows. I've only seen three others on the road since buying mine. I bought it almost exactly a year ago from a Swedish Auto Clinic in Torrance, CA. At that time it had about 140K miles on it. Peter, the owner of Swedish Auto Clinic is Swedish and knows the cars inside and out. He buys a lot of his cars used or from customers who are buying newer ones, and completely refurbishes them. In the year that I've had it, I've only had to put $60.00 into it ($30.00 for windshield wipers and another $30.00 for an oil change). Today is my first problem with it, but I am amazed at how long I drove it before having a problem.
I have a 2007 Dodge Charger, it's been half a year they can't fix my car or can't find the problem to it. First the car wouldn't move nothing, so we took it to a mechanic guy who said it was the transmission. So we got the transmission, but then later the car wouldn't run more then 40. Long story short they put a new computer that probably that was the issue. Once again the same, we had changed the transmission 3 TIMES and nothing. The codes says it's the first gear or the speed senor, which is weird cause everything is new. I have already took it to the Dodge dealer and even they can figure out what's the problem. If anyone knows or had the same problem please let me have some feedbacks or answers how I can get it fix.
Great vehicle. I have a 2002 ML320 with 440,000km. Use it cross country few times even drove it through Mexico. Currently, we just drove it to New Orlanes from Windsor Ontario Canada in Jan. 2016. I have done yearly maintenance at dealer since 2002 without any big problem. All parts are original. There are some repairs but they were minor. Love the car 100%. My next car will be Benz - M class. Took vehicle for bi-yearly Emission Test (oil was year old) and passed no problem.
The C-class is a great introduction into the Mercedes brand. I think you get plenty of car for the price. It's safe, reliable and a little classy. It's no AMG or SL but it's a great start.
Had 2013 Venetian Red auto Elantra, which is such a fine performer, we also bought a 2016 Venetian Red manual Elantra. Both cars love 100% ethanol-free gasoline(E0), averaging 35-39mpg with 25%-15% city driving, with highs of 43 & 46mpg. The 2016 unadvertised improvements include better paint, better electric steering, quieter interior, smoother, much quieter engine, better lights, & better suspension. Altho fairly noisy driving on regular pavements, both cars are very quiet on the new quiet pavements(hope your new pavements are quiet, too). The standard Hankook tires wore out quickly on the 2013(changed to Goodyear at 31,000 miles), altho alignment & balance was good & with careful featherfooting(as the mpg attest). Sure hope the Goodyears will last, at least twice as long. The Goodyears act like the Hankooks, with good stability ON-CENTER. During off-center steering, the Goodyears have better tracking. Bought the Elantra so 3 adults could sit in the back without being jammed like sardines. However, its best with smaller adults & the center rear seat is an abomination!!! The exterior design of the Elantra makes for rear seat head bumping for taller people. I'm only 5feet 9 inches, but with a longer torso, I bump my head often, specially in that center position. Both cars have the 1.8 liter engine & only 130-131 lbs-feet of torque. The 2016 manual tranny accelerates better than the 2013 auto tranny, but glad both have 6-speed transmissions. The manual is good climbing steep hills.... if you gear down BEFORE ascending hills. Don't get caught in too high a gear, specially on high altitude mountain slopes, for sure! Use some of the small torque BEFORE you need it.... so you won't need more torque, that the engine doesn't have.
I got my 95 for $700 from the shop i do business with, they have done all work since 96 , so i have noticed it and liked it. when a 4 salle sign got put on it i looked and all was good , however, the transmission was going out, no problem. it had new T/As , a huge single exhaust installed, K&N air, American wheels circa 95 225:70.16", new struts and poly bushings f&r. Rear Shocks. the car had a lien on it so i felt bad about taking this car for 700. I looked up the former owner and talked with him and he was glad i got it, he had seen my RoadRunner and was apologizing for the way the Transmission was. well i put a low mile used Trans in for $1000 installed. THAT car is one fast SOB that handles great, as good as my Volvo, the freeway trips are very fun. i hyad a problem with a 5amp fuse that is in the run spot kept blowing, i took it to Parker's here in Salem all checked out with no problems so they put a 10amp in and said that it had way too much running off it, other than that i am keeping it! i love rear drivers!!.
I purchased my 1995 Toyota Tacoma 2 Will Dr. in the year 2000 and had 146,000 miles on it somebody used to haul their hourly now I've been using it for work every day and travel often and it has 425,000 miles on it and the only thing I've ever had to replace was the brakes in the clutch like they say this is the best four-cylinder motor ever made
I purchased my F150 Supercrew XLT 5.4,with tow package new on Easter Sunday 2004, it has been a good truck,used extensively for towing a toy hauler fully loaded to the desert for years,used for projects around the house ,hauling heavy loads of landscape/building materials,etc! I have not abused the truck,but I have put it to the test as it was built to do and it has not let me down. I have always done the scheduled maintenance as required by Ford, I have grown up with Ford trucks and I am on my 4th Ford truck, first F150,however,I am disappointed in the Ford Motor Company with the "spark plug" issue that has plagued so many unsuspecting consumers. I had not experienced the hardship that so many have had to deal with until I changed my spark plugs at the 100,000 mile mark, while removing the spark plugs, 2 of the 8 came out with no problem, the other 2 had a portion of the spark plug lodged in the cylinder. I rented a spark plug extractor tool from Autozone, followed the instructions and successfully removed the the remaining piece(s) of spark plug,from what I have read, I was one of the lucky few to have only had the expense of the parts and a full Saturday to get this problem handled, again,I feel for the folks that have lost wages, time with family and everyday activities while their F150 is sitting in a shop/driveway/roadside at the mercy of the Ford Motor Company. Like most of us common folks, I can't afford to just go and buy another vehicle and take on another long term note....Ford,please restore the trust of your loyal customers and make things right!!! Lucky one.
Having been a Camaro driver for years 1980, 1984,1985 and recently 2002. These cars are extremely reliable. A real Camaro lover takes care of their cars and understands these cars are a good investment as far as cars go. So much I just purchased a 2002 to slightly restore. I feel good about spending money on these cars as I know I will see more of my money back than just any make model car. Love these cars
Okayyyyyy I got my 2006 Volvo S40 2.4i in 2009. This is my 1st car.... well that I brought. Since summer 2009 I have put 105,000 miles on this car. When I got it, it only had 30,000 on it. When it got to 100,000 miles the main parts with the car started to give out. I have paid for a passenger side control arm, two front axles, a passenger side wheel bearing, the transmissonis started to fail with gerking when getting up to speeds at 127,000 miles. I have gotten a transmisson flush, gas line flush, coolant flush, brake line flush, a tune up that really didnt help save gas at all & the many oil changes plus tires. It seems like my car is in the shop for something every 3 months for something or another. I love the look of the car & want to keep it but with a transmisson that is startting to fail maybe I should trade it in before its worth nothing.
Overall the car is great. I'm less than pleased with the Flexfuel mapping. My 2012 ran extremely well and was not a flexfuel. 2014 engine reminds me of my '84' Wellcraft with the old Chevy "Iron Duke" 4 cylinder engine. I will most likely get a new one (2016?) when SYNC 3 is the tech.
I love my Eddie Bauer ! I've had it for 10 years and it's had a few repairs but I am willing to pay what for any repair it may need. It's been so reliable and easy to drive in bad weather. We love taking it on the back roads using 4wheel drive. I recommend that anyone who owns in to keep it instead of buying something new. It's worth it!
This is the worst vehicle ever made. It's worse than the ford pinto, the Chevy corvair ( which is exactly what this piece of garbage is like ). I repair one thing and an hour or less later something else goes wrong. I keep hoping the thing would catch fire most of the time. It always breaks down when it is cold outside also. I will never buy another GM product again.
This is my 3rd Ranger XLT and my 1st with 4wd - extended cab with rear doors Have had very good experiences with all three vehicles (1988, 2001previously). The only problem I've had with this truck is the transfer case shift control motor quit working a couple of years back. Tech stated I would have to cycle the switch on a regular basis or the motor stops working through disuse. He rebuilt it for $50 - no other problems other than rust in the bed. Still has its original battery and tires. Will have ALL fluids changed this spring as its been in service since March, 2006. Currently has 32k miles. Has most factory options and many dealer installed options. Was (and still is) the highest stickered Ranger I've viewed at a dealer. Use E0 87 octane fuel.
An interesting car. Car still has its original tires and the original battery and wiper blades were changed out in 2013. I bought this auto trans car from the original owner back in 2011 with 6k original miles. It was kept in a garage, covered, still smelled and looked new but it kept killing the battery. I bought it for a song after totaling my 1998 GT but that's another story. Did some research on the electrical problem and found it was common with the early models of this generation. Solution? 1. Always turn the radio off before turning the key off. 2. ALWAYS connect the battery cables (and jumper cables) positive first and negative last. Always disconnect in the correct reverse order. Why? Parasitic power loss will be around 100mA vs. 30mA. Next problem was the speedo quit working - found that gauge failure was a common problem with these cars. Solution? Pulled the pod myself and shipped it off to a speedo shop that specialized in rebuilding these assemblies - very fair price with a lifetime warranty. Next problem was the leatherette door panels delaminated and flopped over on the armrests. Common problem. Solution? Had them recovered with the same material by a local auto upholstery shop - reasonable price and lifetime warranty. Rear window defroster stopped working recently. Light comes on but no sound from the relay and no window heating - checking into this at the moment. No other issues and thoroughly enjoy driving and owning this car. Next problem was the fuel fill issue that also manifested during 2013. Would only fill half way - another common problem. Found out this car already had the replacement fuel tank. I did several slow fills with the nozzle handle at the 2 o'clock position - problem corrected itself. Had ALL of the fluids changed out last year on its 10th anniversary of first going into service in May of 2005. Use E0 Shell Supreme fuel (has Superchips premium fuel tune with K&N cold air kit). Most factory options and many dealer installed options on this car. This car is the spiritual successor to the 1998 GT I bought new and totaled in 2011.
When I have the AC on and I'm driving my car makes a lot of noise. My car runs fine normally with no issues . When I put gas in it it will not start. I have to crank the motor until it starts ,but once i get it to start that one time I can cut it off and it cut right back on with no problems like normal .it only happens when I put gas in it even if I don't fill it up n I don't let it to low before i add gas
Drive a 98 Boxster. Got it at 120k miles and done only 10k yet. Love this thing to bits. Why on earth I had to wait 'till my fifties, heaven only knows. This is my 37th vehicle. Life was not fair, taking care of wife and kids. So many times I had to sell my beauties to raise a family. I enjoy every minute, driving my Boxster. Even if I don't have to, I'll think up an excuse to just go nowhere. Sometimes very early on weekend mornings I have the tar to myself. Fuel consumption is just fantastic. Whenever I invited any of my kids, none ever refused. I take care of it fanatically and it is just a pleasure. (My wife said she wants to be my Porsche in her next life). I said that's fine I'll just stiffen her suspension a little. I'll also keeps my darling Z3. With 300 000 miles, all I can say another little German underrated master piece. The guy who sold the Porsche to made me promise to sell it back to him. So every now and then I promise my kids, I'll never sell "Snowhite" Thanks to Google and the Porsche websites, all minor issues can be personally taken care of. I spoil my sons every now and then by swopping their 4 door saloons for my car(s). They always jumped at these opportunities and always arrive taller than they left. All I can say to a youngster, privileged to start their careers in a Porsche is whenever you start with a family, sell the toddler but retain your Boxster!
Buy any other car and you'll probably get something better! Recently traded my 2013 Focus for a Toyota after the Focus (at only 39,000 miles) decided it would occasionally stall and not restart. Two Ford dealers couldn't fix the problem, let alone figure out what was wrong. Besides that, the car suffered from rattles, noises in the front end, trim and molding coming loose. I thought I would avoid the transmission issues and opted for the 5 speed manual but I still had problems with the clutch "shuddering" similar to the way the PowerShift transmission acts (I've rented quite a few of these too). Bottom line - this is a junk car. It may be mildly fun for the first 10,000 miles, but don't expect much after that. Ford has lost a customer for life with me.
Hands down the worst car buying experience in my life. This was my 16th new car purchase, and needless to say I am living a nightmare. The car leaked oil since it had 600 miles on it. I had it to the dealership I purchased it from locally numerous times, still without a resolution. Performed routine maintenance. Without warning with slightly under 26,000 miles the engine seized. Full of sludge, not reparable. I have $18,000 in repairs in it so far. It was a lease so MB took it back. I know receive an invoice for an additional $11,000.00. I have found one other couple here locally with same year/model with the EXACT same issue. Looking for anyone with similar issues. Thank you.
I purchased my 2008 Acura TL Type S (Auto) in January 2008 and have enjoyed it tremendously for its performance, reliability and technology. Having owned a 2004 Acura TL (Auto), I can say that the performance upgrade and subtle styling improvements were worth the difference. The '04 TL was a great value and an enjoyable daily driver with all the reliability Acura/Honda was known for. However, the '08 TL Type S is more fun as a daily driver with great performance for the opportunities to push its limits. The car has been very reliable with few shortcomings after seven years. The battery drained twice where the car wouldn't start, the first time was within the two years of ownership and then at the beginning of year 2014; I was told that it was likely due to the bluetooth system the first time and the installation of a remote starter the last time. My other complaint has nothing to do with the performance of the car but is specific to the bluetooth as I intermittently experience issues where it is difficult for the other party to hear me regardless of the cellular signal strength. Otherwise, I've enjoyed my TL Type S for 130,000 miles with nothing more than scheduled maintenance and tire replacement.
1997 F-250 7.3 may be the best truck ford has ever produced
I have a 1990 jag xj6 Sovereign bought for 800 from a guy who collects older cars. I must say I love it, it is my baby! It has never failed me, a bit pricey but we'll worth it. Do all mechanic work myself oil changes, tune ups, etc. Did some restoring to the inside but it is MINT!
I bought my Nissan brand new in 2008. I will just list everything I have had to replace and you be the judge: *CV Axle (within the first year) *Multiple hubcaps (within the first two years)--Side Note: This is a well known problem for this car and the manufacturer refuses to replace them without the owner paying full price. *Right control arm *Three engine mounts *Tire pressure monitor *Both CV axles (yes they have been replaced more than once.) *Catalytic Converter *Radio *Now the car is taking an extended amount of time to start. It is important to note that my mom bought a Honda Accord the same year and has similar mileage, however, she has not needed to make one major repair. As soon as I paid this car off, I had to make several repairs and I have hardly been able to save the money that I would have been making on my payments. I can't speak for other Nissan models but this one is terrible. I will never buy a Nissan again.
I am 57 yr's old and always drove a Chevy but my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer is a big disappointment to me, on Chevy's part. If it is'nt one thing it is something else. I am going to get this POS running the best I can and it is going to another fool like me for buying it in the first place.
This car the most unreliable piece of junk I've ever been unfortunate enough to own! It should/will be recalled. Some gremlin in the wiring or computer system randomly causes errors frequently; dash light warnings come on when nothing is wrong, doors will not open or close at times, loses power while driving, abs engages when not needed. Several mechanics can find nothing wrong with it. ..motor and trany lights constantly light up but check out fine...this usually precedes a plethora of other malfunctions including power loss while driving (dangerous and scary) and lights going out (both dash and headlights) SUPER SCARY! The Internet is full of thousands of similar complaints from owners of this car with no advice on how to fix it. The freestyle is a lemon DON'T buy one!
think its a wonderful car,yes like any other mode of transportation it will require maintenance. I would say if one doesn't want to do repairs,buy new and trade early. These cars represent a time when this country made great products, the ride the comfort ,the extra horsepower when you need it all within your reach. Personally, I own two Devilles, and wouldn't trade them . I actually enjoy the fact I can go out open the hood ,address a problem without the need of computers, which is where we are today. Finally think about this, your caddy and mine too, has features, like auto on headlights, and lights on with wipers ,that new 2014 -current cars don't come with, so next time its raining like a mother, and that brand new car behind car you sneaks up on your because the engineers today say features older cadillacs have are not really necessary..
I got a 2001 Volvo s60 and I love it it's been good to me