Newest Reviews:
  • 1999 Cadillac Seville SLS i bought my sls two years ago. had security system fixed, ( was the ignition switch). it now has 221,933k miles on it and runs great.shocks all bad though and cost more to replace than blue book for car.what a shame.other down side to this car is the low beams. lenses yellowed, like the shocks,very expensive to replace
  • 2009 Buick Lucerne Car has 43,000 miles,always serviced before it's called for and the transmissions gone, needs replacement, had all sorts of problems with lane sensor, side obstacle sensors, on star and ignition switch, but nothing like the huge expense of having the tranny rebuilt. GM just isn't what it used to be. Beautiful car but not built to last and it wasn't cheap either.
  • 2013 Toyota Prius we were shopping for a small SUV like the Venza, but the Toyota Rep took my wishlist and showed us the Prius V and I was sold instantly! I love the height of the seats so getting in and out is much better than a sedan. I love the roominess of the hatchback on the V, and the gas mileage can't be beat, esp. compared to the Venza at about 19mpg! I'm not too techy so the nav/bluetooth/etc is just a bonus. I do like the handsfree driving on the phone. The ONLY major complaint is the Visors! Yes, the sun visors! They are not long enough to block the sun from the side window position, and just a tad shallow for the front position. Even if a slider were added, that would help, but it's kind of a big deal for me. We are a small family, hubby is 5'11" and he even loves the roominess in front and back. In Cali, we commute and drive at about 25000 miles per year. This has not failed us and have had zero problems. The bonus is the Toyota dealership in Temecula, CA is awesome! I even take our Ford F-150 and Honda Accord to them for routine maintenance!
  • 2006 BMW 530i My 2006 BMW now has 167100 miles and I have been faithfully maintaining it since its original purchase. It has rewarded me with impeccable performance although I've experienced some repairs: a water pump at 50K miles, a radiator at 154K miles, a new oil pan, regular brakes repairs, a hairline break in a wheel, a starter at 130K miles, a trunk actuator + light replacement, a front headlight, an average $120/month maintenance cost(not including tires) and an excellent MPG(up to 34 MPG at 75 MPH with no air conditioning running). I love the finish in this car and the smooth purring engine, unlike any other car I've owned. This is my 4th BMW and I intend to stay loyal to the brand as its performance-price- comfort ratio is quite competitive. It still looks like new(dark metallic blue color)and I enjoy it every time I jump in the cabin! Recommended......
  • 2008 Chevrolet Aveo 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Bought this car for my wife, 29February2008. She agreed that she wanted this 'Silver Girl'. Just arrived from SE Georgia to Rhode Island, January2015, 58K miles. The car's performance was very impressive, thanks to front wheel drive. It treated us very well. I would recommend this model car to anyone. You are right though, it goes through 50K tires in 25k. I was told, "it's because you haven't rotated them, every oil change". Guess what, it's worked. Now as for the low tire air pressure light, you have to do a re-set when you rotate the tires according to the manual. One other problem that we're having is the passenger air bag light will not go off? I know that there is a mechanic 'out there' that knows a trick or two (probably could make some extra $$$) or just share with all of us (save us the dealer unwanted & unwarranted to them $$$) how to solve this problem "at home". Thanks Bennett Chevrolet. It was either the Aveo or the Cobalt... HE > i...
  • 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer I have a 06 trailblazer and I have had problems with it since I got it. The belt broke then the gear shaft the lights will dim and when I mash the gas they brighten up, the car cuts off when I stop at a stop sign and the speakers work when they won't to then when they do work its one then another its never all four of them.
  • 2005 BMW 645Ci All these comments from somewhat believable, caring ppl, with these issues with this BMW? Wow...Has anyone ever said these BMW's started out with a price tag well above $60k, $70k & $80k?...These specific 645ci 2004's, 2005's were designed, enginered and launched out (for sale by BMW dealers around the world) to a population of Baby Boomers, Mellinial's and X-PAC's with the ability to absorb the initial price tag yet later sub-allocate the BMW 645ci as an inherited vehicle (with some issues) that was built and produced well before it's time.
  • 2007 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 2007 Suburban LS. Its the 9-seater (has 9 seatbelts) although we never use the front middle bench.. pretty cramp. Anyway.. bought this in November 2006.. and in January 2007.. the first snow fall in my town in New Jersey.. the car would not engage in 4 wheel drive. Annoying.. but went to the dealer, and it was covered under warranty, had to have what they called an actuator replaced. Right then, I thought oh boy.. this is going to be a lemon... but surprisingly we drove it back and forth from NJ to Florida perhaps 6 times... NJ to the Carolina's.. to Lake Placid.. to Montreal.. and basically a great comfortable ride with the long wheel base and comfy seats for the family of 5 we have, and plenty of cargo space for luggage, boogie boards, ski's and what have you. Love the truck.. then almost exactly 7 years from the day we bought it.. had it serviced, a major one.. costing like $1k.. tune up... oil.. 4wd checked...and transfer case serviced, etc. I told my wife, that we should consider trading it in.. as the new Suburban model was coming out. Rather, we decided that we get another SUV.. and traded in her Honda Accord for a 2014 Durango R/T with AWD. We figure .. just in case, we have a back up SUV we use the 2007 Suburban for only long haul travel. Sure enough, on the way to Clearwater Florida in August 2014, a check engine light went on.. and $866 service from Dimmit Chevrolet (during vacation), to clean up oil build up which prevent oil circulating to the top of the engine.. mentioned a second clogged oil filter there was just clogged... then on the way home.. in Jacksonville, car would no longer go past 50 mph, engine light back on... we simply shlepped slowly back north and at Paramus Chevrolet, had $1,800 to fix.. timing chain stretched, and chain tensioner broke.. which needed replacing... Thinking all is well.. on day before Thanksgiving, it made it to Montreal Canada with 4wd working flawlessly in a huge snowstorm in the east.. no problems.. feeling smug again.. then on the first week of January.. got a "service air bag" sensor light go on.. and on a day of about 3 inches of snow.. the 4wd would not engage again... scheduled an appointment for Jan 19th but never made it.. on the way home Jan 10th from Red Bank NJ... the transmission started slipping and just died. Stuck at the Gardenstate Parkway at 2am... had the Suburban towed to the nearest Chevy dealer.. Circle Chev in Shrewsbury, NJ. well its Jan 24th, picked it up lastnight, the bill . $4,328. New tranny, front sensor for air bag behind bumper replaced.. had the front brake pads and rotors done.. another replaced Tcase actuator for the 4wd done (the car's 3rd one !.. I only used 4wd perhaps a dozen times in its life!)... so here I am today. Car runs great again... I love the ride.. the cargo is awesome, more than the newer Suburban model.. more than the new Expedition EL too. Perhaps this is it..should I keep it.. I'm already about $8k is service fees in past 14 months.. no more worries ? or not. Suburban has 81,400 miles.
  • 2013 Honda Insight Have a little over 60k miles after 2 years and we bought it new December 2012. Great gas mileage and I find it fun to drive. Short wife drives it mostly ... a little small for me, I am 6'4" and very fat. But I still love this car. Only regular maintenance done with exception of an oil pressure switch replacement at 60K which I frankly think should not have happened. I do pamper the cvt changing filters and fluid sooner than manufacturer recommendation. We are in coastal Georgia where it is flat and not much traffic. Note that in economy mode the air switches off when stopped ... a little inconvenient in the sweltering Georgia summers. I looked at a Prius first and hated the Prius. I would buy again ... if they had not discontinued the 2nd generation Insight. I have read that at 120k these begin to burn a little more oil ... guess will see about that since I drive my cars until the wheels fall off ... figuratively speaking that is. By the way the price you can get one for now is a screaming deal for this realiable quality car. Granted you do eventually get stuck with the cost of the hybrid battery eventually but if you drive a ton of miles the gas savings kind of make up for it I would think.
  • 2006 Ford Freestar I have a 2006 Ford Freestar #3 cylinder is misfiring Is What The Code Reader Is telling me and the Engine light is on Cowboy Carl
  • 2011 Mercury Grand Marquis We bought this car in late 2010 now have 73,000 miles lots of spacious and rides like sitting on a couch. Only problems had out the car be brakes went at 23,000 miles and passenger window regulator wouldn't roll down but at time still had extended warranty. Gets 25 MPG and 452 Miles to Empty wish the car had navigation but it's a great large full size yacht always take trips down to VA and D.C very quiet driving the car. I wouldn't trade the car anytime sooner like the controls and digital dashboard is best. Grand Marquis has excellent handling the engine is definitely more powerful than ever absolutely loving this car. Overall though these cars are discontinued forever will keep this car until hits 400,000 miles love extra room fits six passengers even driven other people on long rides to Manhattan everyone rode in this car truly loved the Grand Marquis this car has got low maintenance and scheduled oil changes does well in snow I replaced ALL SEASON TIRES after first bought the vehicle. Believe rather keep my Grand Marquis than driving a Toyota or Honda plus any vehicle out there we are middle aged people in our mid 40s but my parents drove large yachts so now I grew up learning to drive in Dad's Buick even drove a 1985 Grand Marquis to college in Chicago back in the 90s loved that car all my friends made fun saying that was a grandpa's car but whenever they needed a ride they all loved it because it beat their little duke cars having more power to a V8 engine. Our 2011 is very reliable have another friend who lives in Boston bought a 2011 used in 2013 he loves as well even both of us always chat on Facebook saying how we rather drive these cars than small vehicles because they are the safest he added a dual flow master exhaust pipes and tinted the windows but his wife doesn't like the vehicle which she owns a BMW but she doesn't complain when needed more room for their children driving to school or etc. I love this car will always drive it until it dies on me we also bought a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali wife SUV but use when taking longer trips across the U.S but drive Grand Marquis around town or short trips it's a great car.
  • 2009 Chevrolet Malibu I bought this car in Dec. 2008, not realizing it was a new remodel. I hate this car so much now. Worst turn radius ever. Something new is broken on this piece of crap car every time I look at it. Replaced the battery cables, the battery has been replaced twice already, headlamp replacement fiasco (have to remove the damn bumper to change the bulb), visor fell off, radio buttons don't work, ABS is touchy, driver seat track loose ($800 to replace by the way), driver seat buckle stuck in locked position, replaced rear window insulation four times...my car only has 38,000miles on it. My brother has the same car, bought a week later - he had all the same problems as well as a cylinder going bad and his front right tire fell off while he was driving. DO NOT EVER BUY AN 09 MALIBU LTZ
  • 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis Bought 97 Marquis for son 7.5 years ago for $2700. It had 73,000 miles on it. We just sold it for $800 and it has over 248,000 miles on it. Original Engine and Original Transmission. The problems that we have had seemed to be common to everything I read on the web. We had the following. At 143,000 miles I had to replace the manifold which is common. I bought one from rock auto and repaired myself. It cost less then $200 which included coolant change, a couple hoses and new thermostat. Haven't had a problem since. Have had driver side power window assembly fail twice, but cheap repair, replace myself and have lifetime warranty on the part. Biggest problem with the cars has been with ball joints, have had to replace upper and lower and tie rods. If you have a car like this and can do the work yourself it would be wise to replace the upper and lower ball joints & tie rods. For the lower purchase a control arm with the ball joint installed and it just becomes a matter of bolting everything on. You can get the control arm assembly for about $68 at Rock auto (Dorman)The upper Dorman you can get for about $43. If you hear one going bad replace all 4, front shocks, tie rod(inner and outer $56) and take it in for an alignment. Front seatbelt buckle assembly broke. Got one at junk yard for $20. Had a rear wheel bearing go. Another thing about this car is that you have to change the plugs and wires every two years. At the time of sale the car with over 248,000 miles with the original transmission and engine doesn't have any codes. I have had to replace O2 sensors. One time I had the code for catalytic converter and read on the internet could be an oxygen sensor and that is what it was. Car has original exhaust is still quiet. I did replaced a couple of the rubber hangars that I was able to get from Advanced Auto. Car does not handle well in winter but rides smooth in summer. Original Air conditioner equipment is still working. Overall this car has been very cheap, Have had for 90 months and it cost $2700 - $800(sale)=$1900 That is about $21/month plus only had it insured for State minimum which was about $40 month for son. For parts and maintenance(including tires) have probably spent less then $3000. I figure our cost of ownership for everything was about $90-$100 a month not counting gas.
  • 1991 Toyota Camry My 91 now has almost 260,000 and is still going strong and looking good. Just now replacing a couple of motor mounts and the radiator just developed a seal leak around the top, but parts for all this cost me only about $150. Overall this has been THE best car I've ever owned hands down. Not fancy but ALWAYS runs. CHange the oil and fluids and the absic maintenance items (alternatorm starter, master cylinder, plugs, cap, rotor, wires, PS pump, wheel bearings). I did the CV's myself which was a pain and don't recommend but the new ones will last longer than the car. Hoping to get 300,000. These cars are amazing
  • 2003 GMC Envoy last night my wife noticed the battery light on and so i changed the battery checked the alternator which read 14.6 volts. This morning she took our soon to school went inside to drop son off came out and car started but gauges did not work. she made it home and when turned car off heard an electrical pop. Could this be the alternator?
  • 2014 Mercedes-Benz C350 I purchased a 2014 CPO C350 with 2,000 miles. during the first 700 miles the car seemed OK and I decided to keep it. When I started to travel back and fourth to work on a regular basis I found that the rear suspension very harsh, even the smallest bumps are amplified and the read seems to bounce excessively. I have taken my C350 back to MB service. The changes the tires, and were very accommodating with test drives but after all was said and done they said the car is operating as designed. I have owned many other sport cars and have never experienced a ride that is so uncomfortable. It's OK for short trips around town on very level streets but not for long rides on poorly maintained California freeways. My feeling is that there is something wrong with the rear suspension a mismatch of spring and struts or some other issue MB service is not willing to replace. At this point I am contacting a Lemon Law Attorney for assistance.
  • 1997 Mazda 626 I just bought this car has 118,000 miles no problems did fixed CV joints/alternator. The 626 gets good fuel economy very comfortable to drive. Owned a newer car but destroyed because of DUI had license revoked for several years found the used car under $600 starting driving again like car so far. It was last purchase in Nov 2014 now put over 132,000 miles no signs of breakdowns the car is getting all low maintenance plus 6,000 mile oil changes. 626 very flawless runs like a champ better than starting off on another car note already paid off by original owner who brought it brand new of Dec '96 as 1997 model still original in and out have all service records and manufactured date of the vehicle. I've noticed trans was slipping but fixed at lower price while using 5w30 Lucas Tranny Oil helped solved the issue this car will run forever I believe having less problems even mechanic who found to do routine maintenance says it has lots of life even Original Owner/driver told me same don't have to worry about nothing will serve me down the Colorado mountains without stalling or breakdowns this gentleman took very great care of this car like it was his own child being a dependable car somewhat nice 1997 model ever here in Boulder I've seen on the road lately.
  • 2013 Nissan JUKE I love my "Juke". I have not had one ounce of trouble with it. BUT……saying that it has a smell. I may drive it a hour and shut it off to go into the store and it has an AWFUL smell when returning. I have had it checked out and sprayed BUT it doesn't help. This does not do it all the time just when you least expect it.
  • 1999 Dodge Caravan I bought this 1999 Van Caravan new in Dec 1998. I have kept it serviced and changing oil every 4000 miles. I have 248000 miles on it, replaced transmission at 231000 miles replaced water pump 232000 miles replaced radiator at 233000 miles and replaced fuel pump at 247000 miles other than the usual upkeep and maintence This vehicle has really served me well.I would not hesitate to buy another but I probably couldn't get the service out of it that I got out of this one, I`ve never had a problem with the air conditioner, altanator or any other problem.
  • 2011 Toyota Sienna This is my 2nd Sienna, I have a 2004 and 2011. Back sliding doors on both (one electric, one manual) have caused me to change my mind completely about my next vehicle. It will definitely not be a Toyota. The steering squeals as well as the brakes and I have been told by the dealer this is normal NOT. Very dissatisfied with Toyota at this point and scared the electric doors are going to open and allow my grand children to fall out. They really need to recall at this point before some one gets killed.
  • 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 besides my current problem with the 4wh. drive, i absolutely love my avalanche... i will never not have one. it is by far the smoothest ride, the back seats are just as comfy as the front, and it is the best drive in movie vehicle ever... with traveling coolers built in. Love this truck!!
  • 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 This is my second ML350 and these cars are unreliable and very costly to repair. The parts prices are outrageous and brakes and rotors' prices are just ridiculous. Struts, mounts and engine mounts are $3500. The dealer, Mercedes Benz of San Diego was terrible and fixed nothing. I will not buy another Mercedes truck again. BTW, my 2008 CL65 with 21,000 miles needed front brakes and rotors and a suspension hydraulic hose broke. Total repair bill $5,000. If you buy a Benz be prepared to buy an extended warranty or you will bleed to death slowly.
  • 2006 Toyota Corolla 88,000 miles on my 2006 Toyota Corolla. Great car up to this point with no repairs except for general maintenance. Recently had problems with the engine racing after shifting, taking time for the car to respond. Also happened when going up inclines on freeways, with the engine racing for several seconds before the car would respond. Toyota service found the clutch to be bad. Repair costs - $1500.00.
  • 2008 BMW 550i I love the car. I have had zero problems with the exception I am on my 3rd battery.
  • 2006 Nissan Murano Had this 2006 only a short period of time and it already required 2,000$ worth of work. Power steering went out, bushings were gone, needs brakes, AWD light stays on, have a feeling this is a lemon, only 50,000 miles on it. Wouldn't buy again.
  • 2001 Lexus ES300 The car is just so comfortable to drive, sharp body style, full of luxury features. I'm planning on keeping it for a long time.
  • 2008 Chevrolet Aveo I bought 2 late model year 2008 AVEO LS Sedans w/Manual Trans. new. They run great. One has 117K on it now, and the other has 50K. Both cars still get 34 MPG. All highway use and you will get 34 even at 75-80mph. If driven hard combined HW/City is 29-31 MPG. Replaced shocks and struts early, added K&N air filter, and rest is stock. Tires last about 30-35K miles but they are cheap. Overall good value for the money. These have been the lowest maintenance cars I have ever owned.
  • 2014 Mazda Mazda3 Sold on Mazda. The 3rd Mazda3i I owned very good cars it's very safe drive gets great performance has lots of upgrades loving the value of this car. Automatic transmission has excellent ratios while fuel economy very comfortable love infotainment, blue tooth, navigation etc. Overall this is the best car I have ever owned besides (2 3is) this new model best than them all rides better and looks gorgeous in and out.
  • 1990 Hyundai Sonata We got this car from my grandpa. It might look like junk but a dependable car wish photo could be available love this car a bunch has over 350,000 miles on original engine. I did put money on some repairs but the car is flawless for a 1990 Sonata the V6 engine is strong gets 30mpg including interstate driving am looking for a 2015 model while will keep this older model as the timeline of history when this generation first came out in 1989 to U.S as a Korean car. LOVE MY SONATA will never sell or get rid of this car just won't die though beat this car all up still never gave me a problem while blowing up with our kids in back (LOL).
  • 2008 Toyota Camry First and last Toyota for me. I have a 2008 Camry LE with 106,000 miles around 80,000 + miles starting smell like burnt rubber or antifreeze took in to local mechanic said I needed an new engine replacement. My car using a lot of oil which dipstick boned dry and all spark plugs etc., are melted because engine is ruined in $$$. Don't have money also contacted Toyota Corp who wouldn't solve my case but I am expected to take money out of my pocket buying a new engine. This car might be the cheapest Camry had features like an upgraded model but I religiously take excellent care of all my cars I buy and keep until 200,000 or up but don't believe will keep this one not too long. Money I spend getting new engine replacement could be on a new car payment hate to say but I can't stand Toyota at all this company is horrible look at unintended acceleration and engine sludge problems who knows what else this company is hiding not telling consumers that buy these cars thinking would last me forever. I am going to sell this car off to a junkyard and put a down payment getting something like Hyundai or American made automobile. Never I own another Toyota not even my family won't drive them either if I had the money definitely get a lawsuit with Toyota because this is ridiculous having to pay something is not your fault. Know most people don't take care of their vehicles as should but me I am a strict person who stays on top of maintenance doing oil changes between 3,000 - 6,000 miles bought this car new now starting to be like a beat up car. I'm done!!!