Newest Reviews:
  • 2003 Ford Explorer my turn signal's don't work, I already checked all the fuse
  • 2003 Volkswagen Beetle We helped our daughter buy this cute little POS - the dealer we purchased it from bought it at an auction and had no idea what nightmare awaited. My daughter (21) has wanted a green bug since she was 10 years old. After we bought the car, it immediately had problems. We contacted the dealer he graciously told us to take it somewhere for evaluation, which we did. It had a cracked gas tank, a JB welded oil pan and the turbo needed to be rebuilt. The dealer fixed all of these items and did not charge us a dime. It had even more problems can't remember them all but he offered to take the car back. My daughter did not listen to us and so the nightmare continues - the starter went out (tow cost me $104.00) had to be replaced, the MAP sensor had to be replaced, now the alternator needs to be replaced as well as the pulley/tension device - were having them do the drive belt because it's already apart - luckily my husband has experience with American cars but this German thing is a real piece of work - DO NOT BUY ONE - EVER!!
  • 2006 Dodge Charger I have a 2006 Dodge Charger SE 3.5L V6. It only has 67,000 miles on it and I was just told by my mechanic that my engine is blown! I've read several reviews and found that this is a common problem in the 2006 Charger. NOT good!
  • 2008 Volvo C70 Love it! I got it for a steal. It is a 2008 -beautiful. Great-looking car. "Transformer" hard-top convertible is a show-stopper. Fast, comfy. But handling is atrocious. Terrible torque steer, jittery on bumps. Only concerns were to replace tires, oil, AC refrigerant, and transmission fluid.
  • 2008 Kia Sorento I STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND EVER BUYING A KIA PERIOD. BOUGHT A BRAND NEW 2008 AND WARRANTY EXPIRED JANUARY 2014. APRIL 2014 CAR STARTED LEAKING TERRIBLY FROM ROOF RAILS. NOW I EITHER HAVE TO PAY THEM TO FIX IT OR GO WITH SOMEONE ELSE OR GET A CAR MADE IN AMERICA BY AMERICANS. THINK I WILL ALWAYS GO FOR THE LATTER FROM NOW ON. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THIS WITH ANY OTHER CAR I HAVE PURCHASED AND AFTER HAVING READ OTHERS POSTS ON INTERNET THIS SEEMS TO BE A COMMON PROBLEM WITH THE KIA SORENTO. ALSO ABS LIGHT WANTS TO STAY ON ALL THE TIME. THIS CAR SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2008 Chevrolet HHR When I first saw the Chevy HHR series, I absolutely loved the look, the retro, high top look, I thought the car was totally attractive. I finally got the opportunity to purchase one in 2011. I bought a used 2008 grey HHR. Was completely in love with it. I loved the Low gas millage, it was really fuel efficient. Then the AC went out, got that fixed, then every light bulb practically had been replaced, then the dash board information started malfunctioning, and now in 2014... not even three years of me owning my adorable little car, I am shelling out $3000 to replace the transmission. And unfortunately my PowerTrain warranty was up in 2012. WOW.... my little dream car just became my nightmare. I am a single mom with 2 little girls, and now this!! SMH..... lesson learned, I grew up with Chevys my family have always owned Cheys, my first 2 cars were hand me down chevys, but this will now be my last Chevy!! Never again!!!!! Completely disappointed after this experience. SMH!!!!!
  • 2002 Ford F-150 I have the F150 with towing package. Still pulling my goosenecks and other trailers. My friends marvel at it's towing capacity (limited to 16' max loaded)and ride. Turn off the OD and the mileage suffers... but I'll be working this truck for another 10 years.
  • 2008 Lexus LS600h We really like this car. It is very comfortable and dependable. It makes me feel good when I am driving it.
  • 2007 Ford Escape Engine replaced at approx 50K miles (warranteed). Not covered under warrantee: tension pully, V-belt (twice), alternator, electronic component for windshield wiper fluid, rear window cable/motor, NW&T brakes. Noisy ride!!!
  • 2013 Hyundai Accent rust on body under doors
  • 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac The secret is out. This may be the best vehicle Ford has ever produced. This was a one year old dealers personal car. Originally there were some problems, all covered under warranty. The driveshaft had to be replaced, as well as ome other parts. Much later, around 70K, the exhaust system was leaking. The front hubs apparently, like brake shoes, need replacing every 60K. Since then I have been careful with the maintenance, so now it looks, runs and feels like a new car. I replaced the exhaust system with a SS upmarket version. The air intake horn was thrown away and an L and N filter installed. The dealer had a performance chip installed so it runs best on premium gas, with ethanol its OK. The difference in power is quite a surprise. This is a 4 wheel drive with all options. Originally I had the only one in my area. Not anymore. I've done 6 very long distance drives, on one I pulled a sailboat on a trailer , over 4,000 pounds, for 1800 miles, lousy gas mileage.
  • 2005 Chevrolet Equinox solid vehicle. will fill any need
  • 2003 Volkswagen Beetle Purchased an 03 Beetle Convertible for my daughter, 53K miles. Previous owner did not maintain the car very well, so we performed several major mechanical services at an independent VW shop. Everything was great.....for about 2 weeks. This car has been nothing but a headache. Some things minor, most things expensive and exclusive to this vintage Beetle. The roof had to be replaced because the fabric is bonded to the glass...once it starts to separate you CAN'T repair it...it has to be replaced. Last week was $950 for a Bottom Manifold that is exclusive to the 2003 model year only. Yesterday the car finally got the best of us. 48K miles after the last timing belt service, the belt failed and destroyed the engine. I'm a VW guy. Loved my 98 TDI Jetta...327K miles...Great car. My current VW, 2008 GTI, 110K miles....great car. The 03 Beetle is JUNK. DON'T BUY ONE!
  • 1996 Cadillac DeVille car runs good but have problem with oil leak blowing oil and suspension not stable
  • 2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 whate is the sale prise for a Mercedes benz c240 2002 miles is 51000good shape
  • 2005 Jeep Liberty I have a 2005 Renegade. I like the flat hood design on these off-road versions of the Liberty. Here's more proof the Liberty Jeep Renegade is practically perfect: Front-to-Rear locking differential; Jeep-worthy 4wd capability; True low range gearing; Tow bar compatible (you can disengage all four wheels from the engine by placing the x-fer case in "neutral"); Factory tow package; Light bar (creates your own personal daylight); Fog lights; Independent front suspension; 16 gear configuration choices ("2W-lo" in "OD" ; "4W-Hi" in "Drive", etc.); and the #1 reason the 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade approaches perfection: Movie Theater Style Dome Light Dim Sequence! The Liberty is very capable off-road. And despite Consumer Reports findings to the contrary, the Liberty exhibits a fairly quiet cabin with only moderate-low wind and road noise. If it wasn't for window regulator failures I have experienced (six window regulator failures across three windows!), or the need to remove a stuck CD from the radio, and to perform routine, pre-paid maintenance, I could have avoided Folsom Lake Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep's service dept all together. While the road has been bumpy at times (hey, isn't that why I got a Jeep in the first place?), and despite all we've been through, (or directly attributable to, thereof), I can honestly say I love My Jeep!
  • 2009 Cadillac STS Stay on top of the maintenance. Don't treat it like a comaro when its a Cadillac. Don't complain about the small things.. Can't speak for the other sts owners, but mine is fun to drive and looks "saf" (black on mat black) :) peace.
  • 2007 Toyota Yaris Just found this site and wanted to crow about my 2007 Yaris 4-door sedan, bought new out of desperation after my 2002 Intrepid DIED. Hadn't heard of these before going to the dealer. No bells or whistles - manual windows and door locks. I drive 150 mile/day round trip to work - mostly expressway and paved county roads. LOVE this thing. Just turned 327,500 miles. The only non-maintenance work done: New alternator and CD/radio unit. Believe it or not: Still running original brakes. Fun to drive, approx. 40 mpg, still looks practically brand new, and tight as a drum - no rattles. This thing is unbelievable.
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Bought this one new and have suffered numerous problems since day one. Started with a steering column wire harness recall. Then the right rear shock failed. Both transmission and engine oil pan weld nuts for the drain plug failed at the first oil change. (bad welds) Then one of the a/c vents fell apart. I was able to carefully reassemble it. At 50k the right front wheel bearing failed. It failed again at 75k. At 74k the front differential bearings failed and it can only be replaced, not repaired since bearings come from Poland and significant careful shimming is required to replace them. OEM Michelin tires were incredibly noisy. This is my wife's car and she babies it, so there is no abuse. This is probably the worst car we have ever owned. My second Benz and even worse than the first so this is probably the last one we ever buy. Keeping it since we have spent so much repairing it that I can't justify selling it at a loss.
  • 2010 Chrysler Town & Country Seventh Chrysler minivan in our household, and this 2010, like two others, has a trans problem. Three times in dealer to fix, each time a three day wait for parts/assembly, but not fully resolved. Yes, this is the third time! Driver's seat wearing fast, due to cheap material. Four light bulbs have burned out. Constant flow of warm air from vents, apparently air being heated by engine, even when on 'cold' setting. Hook to hold clothes in back seat, broke !! I've had it, with these Chrysler vans !! Last one in our home.
  • 1996 Honda Accord Bought new in 1996. I'm the only driver. Just turned 80K miles. Damn good car. Scheduled maintenance only, for the most part.
  • 2009 Mercury Grand Marquis just purchased with 33k miles and runs like a champ. much safer than other cars previously owned.
  • 2010 Dodge Journey 38,000 miles and getting ready to replace third set of brake rotors. First time was re-machined and did not last. Then dealer replaced with newer version of Original Equipment. Now 21000 miles later, same thing allover again. Vehicle initially good value for money, but is now becoming a liability.
  • 2008 Jeep Wrangler I purchased my 2008 Wrangler, brand new, off the lot. I love it, but, I've made a few changes, to enhance my enjoyment of this off-road animal. Truly, after 57,000 miles, the V6 engine is just coming into its own, with power increasing as it wears in. However, one problem with the V6 is low end (RPM) torque; it sucks. This is most noticeable when "rock crawling" in 4WD. What I did to improve it (the low end torque), considerably, was to install a glass-pack muffler. Also installed a K&N type, reusable air filter. The filter didn't noticeably help performance, but made it easier to clean the filter after a run in the desert. Another item: I've read several posts regarding oil level issues with this engine. After reading one post in this regard (about six months ago) I checked my oil between oil changes. It was at the add line, and it freaked me out, to say the least. I started searching, and came across a post that talked about how a dysfunctional PCV can cause excessive oil consumption. Sure enough, when I changed out the PCV, oil consumption went to 0.0 quarts/oil change. Also, I've found that the oil change businesses (at least in my area) have six quarts as the replacement quantity for my 2008 Wrangler. Wrong! it's five quarts. Check to see if you've been overfilled by your oil provider. This could cause problems, well beyond my simple understanding of the reciprocating engine.
  • 2003 Hyundai Sonata Our 2003 V6 has been in the auto repair shop for three weeks now they repair man says he has one fuel line and that the other is on back order, we even called the mfg, he was nice but still no results,tired of waiting. help
  • 2005 Subaru Forester Stiff Ride, watch out for pot holes it's very stiff suspension. Great on flat road and handles well on smooth roads. Slightly under-powered, though the only option is to get thier Turbo which comes with it's own problems. Paint is very, very thinly applied and chips and peals very easily. POOR PAINT JOB. Have done all the services on it at specified times and even the 3-4,000 mile oil changes. The car only has 54,000 miles and Subaru just told us at an oil change appointment that it needs an engine head gasket, steering rack replacement(no problem with steering but leaks) so recommends replacement not repair, and thermostat replacement. That's A LOT for a well cared for SUV. ALSO, since the car is always in 4-wheel drive...if you need to replace one tire you need to replace all four to keep even rotational travel on all axles. It, at this point, will cost more than the car is worth! Subaru may be a safe car but it is cheaply made. Seats rip, plastic controls...black paint wares off, etc. Handles well but not worth it! Other cars handle well too but don't have as many problems so soon at low mileage! Stay away from SUBARUS!
  • 2006 GMC Envoy I've had mine for six years and have loved it for six years. I drive it like i stole it and have not had any issues. However, i am now discovering that if you would like to save money by replacing parts yourself get ready to add several specialty tools to your toolbox. So far everything i have replaced has required a special tool.
  • 2001 Nissan Maxima 2nd owner. Overall car is great. The engine light has been on since I have owned it. All issues are with emissions (Sensors and Catalytic Converter). Everything else works fine. Slight issue with tranny going from 1st to 2nd. I think I need to replace tranny fluid. I would recommend. Gas mileage not to good (19 to 22 mpg).
  • 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Have 95K miles but three major problems. Radio works only when it wants to. Sliding doors work only when they want to. And drinks oil like its going out of style. No oil leaks. Ready to trade!
  • 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe AC will freeze you out. Gas mileage is around 20/21 mpg in town, 24/25 on the road, not what I would like for it to be. Handles very well. Had this car about a year now and need to have timing belt changed, previous owner "thinks" it was new when he bought it two years ago. I know it needs a tune up and that may help my MPG issue. It has 120000 miles on it.