Newest Reviews:
  • 2007 Toyota Yaris Just found this site and wanted to crow about my 2007 Yaris 4-door sedan, bought new out of desperation after my 2002 Intrepid DIED. Hadn't heard of these before going to the dealer. No bells or whistles - manual windows and door locks. I drive 150 mile/day round trip to work - mostly expressway and paved county roads. LOVE this thing. Just turned 327,500 miles. The only non-maintenance work done: New alternator and CD/radio unit. Believe it or not: Still running original brakes. Fun to drive, approx. 40 mpg, still looks practically brand new, and tight as a drum - no rattles. This thing is unbelievable.
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Bought this one new and have suffered numerous problems since day one. Started with a steering column wire harness recall. Then the right rear shock failed. Both transmission and engine oil pan weld nuts for the drain plug failed at the first oil change. (bad welds) Then one of the a/c vents fell apart. I was able to carefully reassemble it. At 50k the right front wheel bearing failed. It failed again at 75k. At 74k the front differential bearings failed and it can only be replaced, not repaired since bearings come from Poland and significant careful shimming is required to replace them. OEM Michelin tires were incredibly noisy. This is my wife's car and she babies it, so there is no abuse. This is probably the worst car we have ever owned. My second Benz and even worse than the first so this is probably the last one we ever buy. Keeping it since we have spent so much repairing it that I can't justify selling it at a loss.
  • 2010 Chrysler Town & Country Seventh Chrysler minivan in our household, and this 2010, like two others, has a trans problem. Three times in dealer to fix, each time a three day wait for parts/assembly, but not fully resolved. Yes, this is the third time! Driver's seat wearing fast, due to cheap material. Four light bulbs have burned out. Constant flow of warm air from vents, apparently air being heated by engine, even when on 'cold' setting. Hook to hold clothes in back seat, broke !! I've had it, with these Chrysler vans !! Last one in our home.
  • 1996 Honda Accord Bought new in 1996. I'm the only driver. Just turned 80K miles. Damn good car. Scheduled maintenance only, for the most part.
  • 2009 Mercury Grand Marquis just purchased with 33k miles and runs like a champ. much safer than other cars previously owned.
  • 2010 Dodge Journey 38,000 miles and getting ready to replace third set of brake rotors. First time was re-machined and did not last. Then dealer replaced with newer version of Original Equipment. Now 21000 miles later, same thing allover again. Vehicle initially good value for money, but is now becoming a liability.
  • 2008 Jeep Wrangler I purchased my 2008 Wrangler, brand new, off the lot. I love it, but, I've made a few changes, to enhance my enjoyment of this off-road animal. Truly, after 57,000 miles, the V6 engine is just coming into its own, with power increasing as it wears in. However, one problem with the V6 is low end (RPM) torque; it sucks. This is most noticeable when "rock crawling" in 4WD. What I did to improve it (the low end torque), considerably, was to install a glass-pack muffler. Also installed a K&N type, reusable air filter. The filter didn't noticeably help performance, but made it easier to clean the filter after a run in the desert. Another item: I've read several posts regarding oil level issues with this engine. After reading one post in this regard (about six months ago) I checked my oil between oil changes. It was at the add line, and it freaked me out, to say the least. I started searching, and came across a post that talked about how a dysfunctional PCV can cause excessive oil consumption. Sure enough, when I changed out the PCV, oil consumption went to 0.0 quarts/oil change. Also, I've found that the oil change businesses (at least in my area) have six quarts as the replacement quantity for my 2008 Wrangler. Wrong! it's five quarts. Check to see if you've been overfilled by your oil provider. This could cause problems, well beyond my simple understanding of the reciprocating engine.
  • 2003 Hyundai Sonata Our 2003 V6 has been in the auto repair shop for three weeks now they repair man says he has one fuel line and that the other is on back order, we even called the mfg, he was nice but still no results,tired of waiting. help
  • 2005 Subaru Forester Stiff Ride, watch out for pot holes it's very stiff suspension. Great on flat road and handles well on smooth roads. Slightly under-powered, though the only option is to get thier Turbo which comes with it's own problems. Paint is very, very thinly applied and chips and peals very easily. POOR PAINT JOB. Have done all the services on it at specified times and even the 3-4,000 mile oil changes. The car only has 54,000 miles and Subaru just told us at an oil change appointment that it needs an engine head gasket, steering rack replacement(no problem with steering but leaks) so recommends replacement not repair, and thermostat replacement. That's A LOT for a well cared for SUV. ALSO, since the car is always in 4-wheel drive...if you need to replace one tire you need to replace all four to keep even rotational travel on all axles. It, at this point, will cost more than the car is worth! Subaru may be a safe car but it is cheaply made. Seats rip, plastic controls...black paint wares off, etc. Handles well but not worth it! Other cars handle well too but don't have as many problems so soon at low mileage! Stay away from SUBARUS!
  • 2006 GMC Envoy I've had mine for six years and have loved it for six years. I drive it like i stole it and have not had any issues. However, i am now discovering that if you would like to save money by replacing parts yourself get ready to add several specialty tools to your toolbox. So far everything i have replaced has required a special tool.
  • 2001 Nissan Maxima 2nd owner. Overall car is great. The engine light has been on since I have owned it. All issues are with emissions (Sensors and Catalytic Converter). Everything else works fine. Slight issue with tranny going from 1st to 2nd. I think I need to replace tranny fluid. I would recommend. Gas mileage not to good (19 to 22 mpg).
  • 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Have 95K miles but three major problems. Radio works only when it wants to. Sliding doors work only when they want to. And drinks oil like its going out of style. No oil leaks. Ready to trade!
  • 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe AC will freeze you out. Gas mileage is around 20/21 mpg in town, 24/25 on the road, not what I would like for it to be. Handles very well. Had this car about a year now and need to have timing belt changed, previous owner "thinks" it was new when he bought it two years ago. I know it needs a tune up and that may help my MPG issue. It has 120000 miles on it.
  • 1991 Oldsmobile Bravada ok so some guy writes anything after 1970 is a joke for gm well I find that hard to believe if you check out some of the cars in that era the 75 trans am for instants one of the most famous used in smokey and the bandit and do you thing the bandit would drive junk lol anyway back to my bravada I picked it up for 500 bucks and I love my car it had been sitting for about two years and my buddy told me if you can tow it home its yours so I said why tow it he said its got 2 year old gas in it and a flat tire and probally needed a new battery went over pumped the tire hooked up the jumper cables turned the key started right up haven't had a problem since and that has been about a year ago so don't me mad if you got a lemon gm is still the best in my eyes
  • 2005 Audi A4 i have had so many problems with m car but i love it and will pay for whaever reapairs t needs
  • 2004 Volvo XC90 We bought it new in 03. We have 165K miles on it. All service done in Dedham, Mass. Its been a great car. I am planning on getting at least 250K on it. All repairs, service, tires, brakes, exhaust, everything averaged about $1200 per year. I am happy. Can't wait for the new XC90 PHEV. I own 2 other Volvo's and our experience has been the same on both. The Dealer makes a lot of difference.
  • 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Canadian model, 2004 have 465Km, still going strong
  • 2001 BMW 525i We bought our 2001 525I , 6months ago and we are the 3rd owners. We are at 167,000. Its in the shop now for an oil leak upper compartment of the engine, but not the head gasket issue. We replaced the back tires and a couple of oil changes since purchasing it for $3200. we bought it from a guy that had a 325 as well. This has been a great car. Great on gas coming from a F150 v8. My only complaint about this car is being a passenger 6fttall Iin the backseat and a 6ft tall person in the front seat. Not much room. But the 4 door model is nice when its just my partner and I and our dog. We will definitely enjoy driving this machine for another 100k plus.
  • 2010 Nissan Rogue when cranking in the morning sounds like lifter tapping are Rob and knocking
  • 2010 Ford Fusion Computer chip controlling throttle went nuts 2 weeks after buying it 4/2013. It took a month of fighting with CarMax Ford and two Ford repair shops to get it fixed. Seems there was a recall in 2013, but prior owner did nothing about it. Check with Ford directly to see if your model has had a recall.The 4cyl. has had the most problems.
  • 2006 Volvo XC90 /horrible car and service ...tires failed at 6000 miles I told the dealer they did nothing then they called me at 10,000 miles to do a prorated new tire rebate which was nothing to the same kind of tires....the car did not start at 5 or 7,000 miles and got a jump took it to the dealer they said a recall on the battery software....( now in to deep to get out....later found out they sold me a so called new car to my face while anything with miles on it expecially 4000 miles is considered used)..lets go on after miticulus car and purple oil and more they told me the engine had sludge and the sun roof was clogged and that not covered under warentee after a second opinion and proof this was not true...the dealer was rude and mean.....drove the car to Colorado from plano and the cd player burned up then drove to Oregon ( got the car for long distances as it was my 2nd car) and had to put a new engine in it thank GOD I bought the top of choices of extended warrentee due to I had low miles but the time ran out for Volvo to cover anything.....that was a horrible experience and only due to immaculate car and keeping records did they do anything ....and everything was a fight.....the car still leaked and online an attorney was doing a national suit against Volvo for doors leaking but I had to prove I went to dealer but the dealer would not give me the report that said I came to them when I was under warrenttee ( the last visit I was told it was there but they could not open it and could not ggive it to me) ....so new engine ( well you kknow how that goes used rebuilt) then replacement of computer chips of about 3000 dollars and some not covered under the warrettee....so now back to texas and one check engine light on and told by Oregon it was not covered and not essential and since Oregon does not do emission testing this not important BUT in texas could not get inspection sticker without the light off....no one could fix and was lead down different paths...purge pump purge valse fuse.....etc all then sent me to the dealer who took 1 month to decide that the previous Volvo dealer had missed 2 crossed wires with evaluation and they tried to get money for diagnostic above and beyond the 200 dollars or so cause they said they took hours to find this but the technician told me he did not work on my car but a few hours if any daily and only after talking to the manager did they find the problem within a day and only since I had firestone manager who sent me there behind me since they tried to fix problem but could not....any way...then the siren went out they say and they charged 10000.00 dollars for 30 min of work......on and on ....horrible car and sevice ...don't buy...I bought a new thought new car so I would not have problems....well bad car ..then they called me cheap and said I go to cheap places to get my oil changed.....and talked bad about firestone and independent shops.... oh then I have to say now the towing is not what they told me the fises don't support most camping equipment things break so easily just from basic use like the consul container....the driver seat button space cracked just from getting in and out of car and if you don't face the ac port windows on dash away from window it fogs up...gas mileage is poor,.....mounting bar to engine they now tell me is loose....so much more......oh and the sway with wind or big trucks passing ...man that was something to get used to...so much more
  • 1995 Ford Mustang I think it has one of the better Mustang styles. I am in process of doing the brakes, suspention, lowering and a couple of other goodies to it. Awesome car
  • 1998 Ford Contour '98 Ford Contour beige/fake convertible choc. brn. top bought new. 16 yrs. old. Usual maint.. Serpentine belts, new muffler, rear/front light bulbs, new fuel pump @14 y. o., brake work, rust repair X 2...Maine/salt on roads. Overhead light plastic part snapped early on, driver side plastic door knob broke @ 15 y. o., dash air blower quit @ 16 y. o.. Its resistor or something changed/temperamental...mostly doesn't work...I question if dial mechanism worn out and not engaging/something not making good connection. Lost/replaced two hubcaps. Trunk excellent design in keeping debris/water out. Car is a beauty/sharp looking, has been totally reliable, excellent in snow, good on gas, great on the road. Have used Irving gas unless not avail.. 7 yrs. ago began using synthetic oil. Rarely allow anyone else to drive it. Absolutely love it and am growing sad at the thought she may die on me soon due to age. Inherited parents' well maintained 2000 Chevy Impala...twice the cost of my Contour and it has been a royal pain in the ---. I'll take my Contour any day!!!
  • 2007 Chrysler Town & Country Great van Bought this town & country used with 16m on it. Never had any major problems except general maintenance. I have used this van work loading it up beyond its capacity and with 145m its still running smooth.
  • 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe I bought new in 2002. Had problems with power windows sticking more than once. air conditioning quit at 60,000 miles. estimate- $!,000. Speakers blew, paint wore pretty fast. Replaced brakes. Noisy when turning from front right side at 80,00 miles. To replace spark plugs- $600 because three are hard to get to. Timing belt replacement estimate-$650-$800. Now the vehicle stalls when driving!! I read a lot of reviews about the faulty crankshaft position sensor being a MAJOR problem with 2002 6cyl Santa Fe's however when I called Hyundai they said it is VIN specific recall and ours is not recalled.How convenient! SHAME ON YOU HYUNDAI!!! such a dangerous issue and you won't own it! NEVER AGAIN!
  • 2008 Pontiac Solstice Had this car for 45,000 Miles from the dealer. Very few problems but all covered by warranty. Very fun car to drive but not really comfy on long drives. From Vegas to LA had to take a break. Course I was 65 at the time. Friends ask " Why do guys your age drive cars like these". My answer is "Because we can".
  • 1992 Toyota Camry i bought a 1992 toyota camry from a private owner. he said he bought it new . it looked well taken care of to me. he had it recently inspected. anyway ibought it because of the gas milage which was good. bakes were ok. drive train was ok.wireing in door, window would not go down or up some time. engine was good for a couple of years than seals startid to leak very bad on right side of motor. had new exhaust put on. heating cold and drafty in the winter- cab not well insulated.wind shield would freeze up in winter. 4 cyl. i guess. steering ok. suspension fair. unibody was badley rusted was unrepairable. would not pass inspection. joangreensburg@aol.com
  • 1994 Toyota Camry i bought a 1994 toyota camry le. 6 cyl. i liked it very much ,until the wiring that went to the battery caught on fire. also i was in an accident and another car hit the left front of the car and the air bags didnt deploy. my daughter hit the windshield at this time and had a concussion at this time. the car was totaled at this time. never bought another toyota after that. they are also colder in winter i think, they are not that well insulated. thank you for letting me voice my opinion. joangreensburg@aol.com
  • 2008 Ford Taurus I HAVE A 2008 FORD TAURUS WITH LESS THAN 22000 MILES ON IT. THE AIR CONDITIONER WORKS ON THE DRIVERS SIDE, VERY HOT HEAT COMES OUT OF THE VENTS ON THE PASSENGER SIDE. PAULS REPAIR HAS ORDERED A PART WELL OVER A MONTH AGO. HE WAS TOLD THE PART WOULD BE SENT AS SOON AS THERE WAS ONE MADE. DOES THIS HAPPEN OFTEN? IT WAS 104 HERE IN EASTERN COLORADO TODAY. I AM IN BAD NEED OF THE AIR CONDITIONER. COULD I PLEASE GET SOME INFORMATION ON MY PROBLEM. 34 PASEO PLACE, LAMAR COLO. 81052
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 This is an awesome car that I was very pleased with when I bought it. Added the iPod cable and a Bluetooth pod to the car and it works very well. However, the CD Changer. I expected more from Mercedes-Benz on this one. So, a CD is stuck in the Changer and when I took it to the dealer to have it removed, they said the ONLY option was to purchase a new CD Changer for $ 995.00. I was kind of shocked. So, now I have this beautiful Mercedes who's trade in value just rocketed downwards... how can I trade this car with a broken CD Changer... I will try a 3rd party who knows this stuff to see what happens..... thanks for reading...