Newest Reviews:
  • 1990 Geo Prizm 300,520 miles Iand counting. I swear to you I have never changed anything on this vehicle. Ok maybe; the clutch, timing belt, radiator and put new seals on the front and rear main but other than that nothing.Oh wait oil lots of oil. I bought this car in Detroit in 1991,it has proven to me. that Toyota rocks.
  • 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL500 I have a CL55AMG, this is my 4th MBZ. They were all great cars but I think this car is the cream of the crop. Even with the ABC issue that it has. If I let it set for 3 days it drops to were I have the RED ABC indication. Once I start the car and put it in gear the car raises and no issues then the ABC message. I also have bubbles drivers window, None of this keeps from enjoying the car. OBC
  • 1998 BMW 740iL I absolutely love this car. I purchased this car from a dealer in Holly, Michigan. It looks and drives like new. I paid 4,500 for it with 79K miles on it. I love the cockpit and the suspension handles great. My sister owned one in 1999 and I loved it then and now. I would recommend anybody to buy this car. Let the customizing begin..(turning heads)Thank you BMW for making this car. I consider this my first old school car. Lg
  • 1994 Buick Century I am 29 years old and have owned two 1994 Buick Centuries in my life - the first time as a teenager in high school and just recently bought another (both white with blue interior!). I didn't appreciate what I had as a teenager, but after owning a few other less quality cars in the last 10 years, I knew it was fate when I came across the craigslist ad for a white 94 Buick Century after I totaled my last car. At 20 years old, she has little to no rust, has been perfectly maintained with all documentation, was always garaged, never driven in bad/wet weather and only had 51,983 ACTUAL miles! It is perfect because it is reliable, cheap to fix and maintain and unassuming. The only complaints I have are that the gear shift lever on the column gets in the way of the radio controls and seat covers are pretty much impossible to find unless you have them custom made. Other than that, best car ever. I'm hoping to own a third one some day!
  • 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid Overall, this has been a good reliable car so far. Not sure how it's going to do past 100,000 miles though as the power steering just failed this week (Nov 2014). And the heating / AC compressor failed in 2013 ($1,000+ repair). There was one owner of the car before me and she got all her repair and maintenance work done at the dealership here in Oregon. So far no other major problems but not looking forward to the bill for this power steering problem!!
  • 2004 Honda Element At 292,500 miles, this car is nothing short of amazing. Replaced the rear brakes myself about 9,000 miles ago now have to replace the front pads. These are the original pads! Have replaced the starter (By a repair shop), the radiator and the front engine mount myself, the rear engine mount (By the shop), this car seems to eat engine mounts. Replaced the spark plugs at 225K and the serpentine belt at 250k (Figured I was pushing my luck, but the belt looked new with no cracks in it at all). My A/C just stopped working and the location of the compressor seems to indicate a potential expensive repair. Given the advanced age of the drivetrain, I am contemplating repowering the car and driving it another ten years. I'm a life time Honda fan.
  • 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier I bought mine three years ago with 124,000 and now have 165,000. I have had very few problems with it, mainly standard maintenance. May not be the best car I've owned but would rate it good.
  • 2006 Lexus RX330 New transmission at 90k. Rough ride! Bad gas mileage! Bad sound insulation! No leg room! Would NEVER buy another Lexus EVER again! I've had less trouble with my other two cars: '90 Accord and '02 Chrysler Voyager. Honda made it 300k before breaking down and Chrysler Voyager 180k before transmission went out! Go figure!
  • 2008 GMC Sierra 3500 HD the dash board is cracking bad in two spots
  • 2005 Nissan Murano I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their electrical. Seems like it's one thing after the other. First the tire inflation, etc. light on the dash stayed on. Then the air bag light blinks constantly, then the driver side rear door won't work with the auto lock, having to do it manually. Now the Intelligent key won't work. What is next and what will this cost. I checked the fuses on the Intelligent key and the air bags, they looked good.
  • 1999 Dodge Caravan This car has been remarkably reliable and is the most comfortable, practical car I've ever owned. I hope I can get it to run forever! Would not hesitate to buy it again and recommend it to anyone.
  • 2007 Chevrolet Aveo I bought my 2007 Aveo 5 LS Hatchback in 2009, with 6125 miles on it (four of which were my test drive :) Overall I have been very happy with it though it did have it's first major issue at around 50,000 miles when the A/C compressor went out. Fortunately I purchased an extended warranty and all I paid was $100, instead of $1300 (P/L). The most recent issue is earlier this week the driver's door lock knob broke off in my hand; the fix will be $113. Last year the brake switch went out so I had no brake lights and had to put the key in the little opening and press down to get the car out of park. The fix was $104 (P/L). Prior to that the serpentine belt needed replacing in 2012 which was $106 (P/L). The gas mileage has been decent and it's a fun car to run around in; took a road trip to Grand Canyon and Petrified Forest National Parks and had fun zipping around. The seats could be a bit thicker, but overall it is a comfortable ride. I am concerned over the safety alert regarding the daytime running lamp switch/module that has been known to overheat and catch fire, and for which (they say) there is NO CURRENT FIX. The dealer said they don't know any more about it than I do--this does not inspire confidence. I only hope the car holds up--I buy cars to keep them as long as possible and the extended warranty will expire 6/2015 when the loan is paid off and the car is 8 years old. I am seriously considering buying an additional warranty, though I hate the thought of taking on a warranty payment when I finish with the car payments. For now,I still enjoy my 'peanut car' (I got a kick out of another poster calling it the same thing)--also known here as the copper penny, since I bought the 'burnt orange' color--great for the desert! I just realized there is a separate section for the Aveo 5, so I posted this there as well.
  • 2007 Chevrolet Aveo5 I bought my 2007 Aveo 5 LS Hatchback in 2009, with 6125 miles on it (four of which were my test drive :) Overall I have been very happy with it though it did have it's first major issue at around 50,000 miles when the A/C compressor went out. The fi was $1300 P/L, though I paid $100 and the rest was covered under the extended warranty. This week, the driver's door lock knob broke off in my hand. The repair will require the door being taken apart; total cost $113. Last year the brake switch went out so I had no brake lights and had to put the key in the little opening and press down to get the car out of park. The fix was $104. The serpentine belt needed replacing in 2012; $107. The gas mileage has been decent and it's a fun car to run around in; took a road trip to Grand Canyon and Petrified Forest National Parks and had fun zipping around. The seats could be a bit thicker, but overall it is a comfortable ride. I am a bit concerned over the safety alert regarding the daytime running lamp switch/module that has been known to burst into flames and for which (they say) there is NO CURRENT FIX. The dealer said they don't know any more about it than I do--this does not inspire confidence. I only hope the car holds up--I buy cars to keep them as long as possible and the extended warranty will expire 6/2015 when the loan is paid off and the car will be 8 years old. I am seriously considering buying an additional warranty, though I hate the thought of taking on a payment for that when I finish with the car payments. For now, though, I still enjoy my 'peanut car' (I got a kick out of another poster calling it the same thing)--also known here as the copper penny, since I bought the 'burnt orange' color--great for the desert!
  • 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe I have 301,000 miles on my Hyundai Santa Fe with the original engine and transmission. No major work done on either. But I knew that when I hit the 300K mark, the doors would fall off and the engine oil would all leak out, etc. Well, after the last oil change at 300K, the oil is now all leaking out. :-( Guess it's time for a new Santa Fe... Oh...and I got oil changes as required always at Jiffy Lube.
  • 2009 Cadillac CTS they should rename this car engine light its constant on code p2157 p301 p300 been to dealer 5 times spent over 900.00 dollars running worse than before not a dependable vehicle at all cant wait to get ride of it [money pit]
  • 2002 Jeep Liberty Bought 2002 Jeep Liberty used in 2004 with 40,000 miles on it. Oil changes every 3,000 miles and now it has close to 400,000 miles.We are going to have to start spending money on it now, upper and lower ball joints.
  • 2004 Audi A6 Quattro Some plastic fittings on the front passenger seat have failed. Several painted surfaces on the headlight switch, mirror switch and heating and A/C controls have worn off. The radio on/off button has come off. The front suspension needs relatively frequent repairs. The roads are terrible around here. Water pump and oil cooler replace at different times. The latter repair VERY expensive.
  • 2006 Nissan Titan I own a 2006 Nissan Titan. Got it brand new. I love my Titan. I did not have had any problems so far. The roughest and toughest thing I did with my 06 Titan was hauling road gravels, twelve trips. I thought I broke my suspensions. Took it to a dealer for a annual service in 2008. The dealer told me their is a sign of possibly rear diff leaks, just a little moisture around the area. They want to fix it but I hold off on it. I clean it off to see if it'll come back. To-date today I did not have any issues or problem non so ever. Just one minor issue, the clicking/knocking noise from the climate controller but everything is still working fine. I love my Titan and I admired it every time I drove it. CC.
  • 1996 Toyota RAV4 Over 150,000K, 4x4, 2-door. The only significant problem were two separate CEL issues. Trusted local mechanics were unable to fix either problem after multiple tries. Finally, took it to the dealer and, yes, they charged me through the nose each time, but both times it was fixed the same day. Lesson learned: there really are some things the dealer can do better (assuming they're on the up-n-up with you)!
  • 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac This 2007 is a piece of junk! Had a 2001 and drove it for 9 years and loved it. Purchased this 2007 W/91,000 miles wanting later model. Almost immediate problem with overheating. No prior warning from heat gauges, etc., until by myself at dark-thirty on narrow highway. Pass another vehicle and engine starts to knock like crazy and all computer lights on dash flashing, engine starts to die almost immediately and lock down before I can get off asphalt. Engine ruined. And all you mechanics do not go there....this pickup and the other one is and was always serviced regularly. Now after $4,200 to replace with another engine which had 65,000 miles on it and 30 days later after passing another vehicle, no noise, just smells funny so start to pull over and steam vapors coming from under hood again! Do not buy a 2007 unless you are rich and have lots of time to call wreckers. I wanted to buy American made but you Ford engineers need to get your stuff together!!! I am one unhappy and broke Texas Nanny!
  • 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo this car has been a disappointment from the start ... brand new the brakes scrape and grind. they said it was sitting a long time that's normal they say.. a year in the steering wheel started with a clunking, they relubed it and said it fine , still does it , brakes still suck, car only has 30,000 miles on it...power steering started making weird noise , checked it and it was bone dry ?, no leak. checked radiator and it also was bone dry , no leak.. ????? and the worst part it has started rusting in rear wheel well in 2008 and my mother never took it in when it was under warranty, dumb move.. does not get driven in winter, never has , but she has rust.. I myself am a FORD GIRL heart and soul,all I ever owned is a ford .sorry chevy I think you suck but my mom doesnt..
  • 2011 Dodge Nitro Do not waste your money on this car! On several occasions while driving down busy roads going 40 to 50 mph the car has just lost all power. The lights remain on but the car was not running thankfully I was close to turning lane to coast out of way of traffic. On another occasion getting off the interstate merging into traffic the car just wouldn't go, the only way I can decide it is like it thru it self in reverse while going 50mph. Everytime I take it to dodge dealer they can not find a problen. The car is a death trap! Now we are having a problem with it not wanting to start, has new battery but it still has to be jumped off to get it started. The 2011 dodge nitro Is a horrible car, it may look nice which is why I bought it, but it drives horrible and it's a death trap!
  • 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander I bought this car in 2013 because I wanted an SUV with good gas mileage. Pluses: Drives smooth, comfortable for a growing family, good gas mileage, sleek look. Minuses: Poor stereo system, poor heating/AC unit (knob always sticks), Poor suspension, slow to rev- up. I bought the car for a little of $7,000... can't complain too hard. But, If I had to do it again...I wouldn't.
  • 2001 BMW X5 I have never been so motivated to write a review of a vehicle. I have owned a lot of cars in life and fancy myself a bit of a backyard mechanic. I've spent a lot of time under the hood figuring out how to bring life back to my loved machines. I'm now learning BMW is NOT a car to pick up if you want it to last you a lifetime and be that reliable partner in adventures you are expecting. New, they are outstanding machines. Used, move on. Costly to repair and carrying this feeling of hesitation about doing anything but sitting at the curb these vehicles are a disappointment. I have an 01 X5 4.4. It sounds great has decent power but weighs as much as Jupiter so you miss out on all the good stuff once you spend some time with it. Driving it is wonderful. You're seating in a very well thought out cabin with almost subconscious access to controls. The handling is excellent and the functionality keeps impressing you with each little discovery of "Oh they put that THERE? That's perfect". I've owned mine for just under a year. In that time I've had to let the pros work on it a few times. It left me stranded on the highway when smoke began billowing from it's nether regions. $1200 PCV repair The drive shaft and front crank case went on me a couple of weeks ago a block from my couch. That was $3800 and luckily the shop was able to find me a used part, new it was a $6000 repair. I've also had a series of issues such as fuel filter replacement (that's normal wear and tear so I wasn't too concerned however I was on the highway out of town so had a shop do the work and the $250 price tag surprised me. Heated seats stopped working. My sunroof wouldn't close one day then just suddenly did. That was odd. There's an oil leak from the drain plug which seems to just leak. This SHOULD be an easy fix... I recognize I may have gotten "a lemon" as they say. However after reading so many reviews I have come to realize that's not true. These vehicles are marvelous new, but not built to last. If you're looking at the price tag on an older BMW thinking "oh with just a few repairs I can bring new life and love to a used car" think again. Even with Bruce Wayne's trust fund you never see him in one of these, too expensive to maintain. I don't trust it to take me to work anymore, every little sound smell and hesitation I fear is another fortune in repair costs out of my backyard league waiting to happen. The romance is dead BMW. I think we should start seeing other people.
  • 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 over all the truck has been pretty good, the main problems have been the ac and heater controls are not reliable and all the gauges have failed and a little rust on roof.
  • 2007 Hyundai Tiburon i have a 2007 tiburon ,i bought it from a dealer ship when it had 99k odometer, i used to love that car ,but there is something about it that feels cheap and the v4 engine that i have is so weak which is understandable ,but this car have the best looking body design ever in my opinion , its great for showing off ,but it is horrible for performance
  • 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 and im Happy with my 4.7L 300HP. Has Intake, Chip & exhaust and gets 25 MPG.. Tows my 20' Boat with no problem, I Love my Truck!
  • 2007 Dodge Magnum I have had my 2007 3.5L Dodge Magnum Forever and loving every 300 HP 25 MPG every day I drive it. The only thing I do is change the oil, and do the brakes that's maintenance and it will lasts forever, I got 156897 and still got another million miles to go. I Love It!!!
  • 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx 2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx LT - Review 14 Nov 2014... What sold me on it / why I bought it: 7 aid bags, gas mileage and back seat leg room/versatility of cargo area/hatch back… in that order. Purchased new in July 2005, w/all the extras… (
  • 2002 Chrysler Sebring I have had major electrical issues with my 2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan. My power locks, car charger and interior lights all quit. No one can find out how to fix these issues.