2006 Volvo XC70 QuestionsRefine by vehicle
after drive 10 miles & when stop & go transmision kik.
• Through all of this, the mechanic only received one error code indicating an issue with the MAF (mass air flow) sensor.
• Replaced the MAF (mass air flow) sensor several times with parts ordered directly from the Volvo dealership.
• In the 4-5 times the car was in for this code, he checked vacuum hoses and everything else that could cause the MAF to throw the code.
The last communication the mechanic had with the Volvo dealership was that the central computer needed to be reset (ECU reset ?).
I found this to be the process for resetting the ECU (confirm?):
1. Disconnect the negative battery lead, then the positive battery lead
2. Connect the two battery leads together (NOTE – NOTHING TOUCHES THE BATTERY… JUST THE LEADS!!!)
3. Turn ignition key to on & leave for 15 minutes
4. Turn ignition off
5. Reconnect battery
I found that after this reset, the radio code needs to be re-entered. Is this true? Will the dealership provide me with this code?
Everything works perfectly including transmission mainly when you start the car and drive it for 10 miles. Then when you stop the car and then restart to drive, then the transmission starts to act up, like not engaging, kicking, etc.
My mechanic said there is a connector between the front wheels and the back wheels that needs to be replaced. About how much does that cost?
My 2006 Volvo XC70 was diagnosed with a leaking oil cooler. A minimil amount of oil, approximately four ounces of oil, or, I think that it might be transmission fluid, was found in the coolant reservoir. There was no coolant in the motor oil. Should the heater core be included in the "Complete coolant system replace"?
front differential lash adjustment proceedure to take up play in front drveshaft
I tried wiggling steering wheel and wheels
red button on gear shift but nothing seems to be able to get key to go to position 2 so to start engine.
What could be the problem?
MY 2006 VOLVO XC 70 AWD, DID NOT PERFORM LIKE AWD
I FIND OUT THE ANGEL GEAR IS DAMAGE, I WANT TO GET IT REPLACED AT REASONABLE PRICE
The car I won is wired for satellite radio but the radio is not capable. Does anyone know if I must replace the whole radio or is there a module to buy that will provide access, understanding I need a subscription and antenna capability.
The dealer quoted a price of $615 for front brake pads and rotors that they say are under min. spec. of 28.8 actual is 23.88. Is this correct? Is it possible to do this myself? Thanks
Is there a solution for an IPOD or external satellite radio connection available for the radio in a 2006 XC70 Volvo?
What sie rear windshield wiper is required ad how do I replace it?
I just bought a 2006 Volvo XC 70 and noticed that y 12 volt outlets are not working. I assume this is a fuse but thought I would ask first.