Car Problem Reports

Dodge Intrepid PCV system problem may cause excessive oil consumption/blue smoke

Dodge Intrepid Problem
2 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 1993, 2003

Verified
3.5L V6
A problem with the PCV system may cause excessive oil consumption or the vehicle to emit blue smoke (burning oil) at high engine speeds (RPM). Too much vacuum allows oil to be drawn into the intake.
  •  Rookie

Car is emitting blue smoke, especially when gas in near empty (not sure if this is a coincidence or also a part of the problem), the car is shaking - especially while idling, and it sometimes won't start the first time I turn the key. Also, while going up hill or trying to speed up quickly, it hesitates to do so and then emits a major amount of blue smoke at that time. I have noticed that the blue smoke is more prevalent while idling or stepping on the gas for more than a couple seconds at a time. If anyone has any suggestions as to what the issue(s) could be please list them. Even if it could be one or more of several things, I would appreciate an idea as to what it could be so that I can attempt to figure out how much it will cost me to put it in the shop. Thanks in advance to any help.