Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Engine may run rough or stall
- Excessive oil consumption
- Engine oil leak
- High emission levels
- Check Engine Light may illuminate
Related Repair Advice
- The PCV valve should be replaced every 30,000 to 50,000 miles
- The engine should be tested to verify normal operation after a PCV repair. This is to ensure that no additional problems exist that may have contributed to PCV failure.
- A plugged PCV system can cause engine oil leaks. It's important that the shop checks and eliminates any issues with the PCV system while repairing engine oil leaks.