1994 Mazda MX-3 QuestionsRefine by vehicle
Idles good but wont rev pass 1000 RPM
Always idled rough, replaced computer 2 years ago and egr. Just replaced the distributor and gave it a complete tune-up 2 weeks before it quit.
Our car seems to being over heating and even sometimes the gauge says it over heating 2 mins after starting up. So I will put water in it it will be good for 5-7 days.
No water leaks No cracks in the rad. Oil is good there no visible reason for it.
I was driving and heard a pop and I pushed in on my foot clutch and coasted. It won't pull its self. The clutch is hard to move I can get it into every gear but first but they all sound like I'm in neutral.
The car will not start again until it cools down. It happens every time
Or what do I need to do or buy to get it to run and have a key again?
I never received the Mazda MX-3 Recall 97V116000 issued in 1997. I bought my car off-lease in 1996. Will Mazda still cover this recall in 2012?
1) Can NOT Shift Into 3rd Gear While Driving (Makes Very Audible Grinding Sound & Will NOT Stay In Gear (Slips Out). It Will Go Into 3rd Gear If Standing Still & It Will Pull Forward In 3rd Gear From Dead Stop. I'm Not Sure If I Can Use The Shift Linkage Rods From A Used Car (See: Below FYI Info) Or Maybe It's Transmission???
2) There Is An Electrical By-Pass Placed On The Light Switch...So When I Turn The Headlights On...They ALL Come On No Matter What Position The Switch Is Set To...So I Can't Just Use My Park Lights. I've Considered Replacing The Steering Column Or The Dimmer Switch Assembly?
3) All (4) Struts Are Rusted, Broken (Found A Broken Piece Of One Spring On The Ground) & Need To Be Replaced. I've Been Researching 'Quick Struts' But I Don't Think They're Available For My Car's Year? Really Confused About What I Need To Completely Overhaul? Any Particular Brand? Where's The Best Place To Have It Repaired?
4) I'm Losing Oil Somewhere, Not Seeing It On The Ground...But It's Going Somewhere (I Believe It's The Rear Manifold Or Head Gasket Maybe???) I Use Havoline 20/50 & Add Lucas Oil Stop Leak Once A Month.
5) Considering Replacing The Radiator (Mainly Because It's Slightly Bent & The Color Of The Fluid Appears So Dark) Or Maybe It Just Needs A Major Flush (Which I've Done But It Still Appears Rusty Colored To Me)? I'm Presently Using Preston Anti-Freeze. I'm In Fluctuating Weather Being From Midwest But Go In & Out Of Warm Climates As A Truck Driver.
6) Would Like To Replace The Front Bumper, Repair Passenger Side Fender & Replace Tire Well Covers & Have Other Body Work Done In Time?
**FYI: There's A 1994 Mazda MX-3 Manual Transmission @ Pull-A-Part Right Now...For Parts???
Anywho! That's Just Some Of The Fun Stuff I'm Working On?!
Struts Are The Immediate Issue To Me?!
Thanks For Your Help!
How much will it cost with labor to replace broken coil springs in front of car and also replace brake fluid hoses that are leaking.
Also, are coil springs and shock absorbers 2 different things?,If they are, how much additional will it cost to replace the front end shock absorbers and would you recommend that all 4 be replaced?
While driving my car shut off. Everything shuts down . But will restart . Has been doing this more often. Could my security system cause this. I also have a drain on my battery while it sits for a short time. Are they connected. Machanic's can not find the problem .
I drive a 94mazda mx-3. Every time i accelerate and when i brake, i hear a clunk noise in the front end. Also when driving over rough road it sometimes will make clunk noise too. Dont know if it is stabilizer (sway) bar bushings, or a cv joint
I'M HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING THIS PART FOR MY CAR... SO MY VEHICLE HAS TO BELTS... SO THAT MEANS THERE ARE TWO TENSIONERS WITH TWO PULLEYS... ONE PULLEY TENSIONER U CAN ACCESS WHEN U OPEN UR HOOD.... BUT THE OTHER U HAVE TO REMOVE THE TIRE TO GET TO IT N U CAN ALSO SEE THE BELTS<-----THAT TENSIONER LET'S THE PULLEY SLIDE UP N DOWN. WELL THAT BROKE ALONG WITH WHATEVER WAS HOLDING IT UP(TO ME IT LOOKS LIKE A BRACKET THAT HOLDS THE TENSIONER N THE PULLEY N THIS OTHER BIG PULLEY) BUT WHEN I WENT TO TAKE IT OFF I NOTICED THAT THIS PULLEY IS CONNECTED TO A BIG BRACKET THAT LOOKS LIKE AN UPSIDEDOWN J LOOPED AROUND A BIG PULLEY WITH MULTIPLE SCREWS.... PLZ HELP CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT THE PART IS CALLED..... THANX!!
I'M HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING THIS PART FOR MY CAR. SO MY VEHICLE HAS TO BELTS. SO THAT MEANS THERE ARE TWO TENSIONERS WITH TWO PULLEYS. ONE PULLEY TENSIONER U CAN ACCESS WHEN U OPEN UR HOOD. BUT THE OTHER U HAVE TO REMOVE THE TIRE TO GET TO IT N U CAN ALSO SEE THE BELTS. THAT TENSIONER LET'S THE PULLEY SLIDE UP N DOWN. WELL THAT BROKE ALONG WITH WHATEVER WAS HOLDING IT UP(TO ME IT LOOKS LIKE A BRACKET THAT HOLDS THE TENSIONER N THE PULLEY N THIS OTHER BIG PULLEY) BUT WHEN I WENT TO TAKE IT OFF I NOTICED THAT THIS PULLEY IS CONNECTED TO A BIG BRACKET THAT LOOKS LIKE AN UPSIDEDOWN J LOOPED AROUND A BIG PULLEY WITH MULTIPLE SCREWS. PLZ HELP CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT THE PART IS CALLED.THANX!!
Car needed new clutch. Got fixed but now it pops out of fifth gear. Mechanic who repaired now saying need whole new trans. Is there easier fix ?