Mazda MX-3 QuestionsRefine by vehicle
this guy put the plug wires in wrong it jerks then it dies when you drive.i put in new. spark plugs.but he took the wires off without marking them.
Idles good but wont rev pass 1000 RPM
When in gear
Well I accidentally put the battery in backwards and now I insert the key and nothing at all I checked most the fuses please help.
Always idled rough, replaced computer 2 years ago and egr. Just replaced the distributor and gave it a complete tune-up 2 weeks before it quit.
Our car seems to being over heating and even sometimes the gauge says it over heating 2 mins after starting up. So I will put water in it it will be good for 5-7 days.
No water leaks No cracks in the rad. Oil is good there no visible reason for it.
Just replaced the backup lamp switch and that's what iT does now they didn't work before.
I was driving and heard a pop and I pushed in on my foot clutch and coasted. It won't pull its self. The clutch is hard to move I can get it into every gear but first but they all sound like I'm in neutral.
Dissapears after 1600 rpm, my buddy's uncle thinks it could be the oil pump is going bad and not getting enough oil at low rpm, does this sound like a likely problem/ fix if I replace it
I already replaced the distributor. Whats next? I have not been able to get the codes from the dia.
Well My car 98 mazda Mx3 1.6l Dohc 16v After a huge rain Here in Greece Athens was fulled with water until the handbrake and after the rain was over i came back to look after it and i would not start me and a friend of mine we study marine engineiring started to dry it out with hot air and checked all the fuses and electric connections to be dry we tried again and the car fired up after shoting all the water from the exhaust Everything was working as if the rain never happened we took it for a spin the it was all ok BUT after parking it and tried again after four hours i started the stopped and never fired up again eversense i complitly dryed the car all the electric connections were spraid with contact cleaner but still!! Does not fire up. I will mention that all electrics work(headlights,inside,turn signals all) but i dont have power on the sparkplugs no matter what i try Also that little buzzer that tells you you forgot something on before u leave sound sooo fast like crazy which i think there is a short circuit somewhere stiill but i cant find it Any Help ?? Now the car starts but stops after 2 seconds (we suspect immobilizer kills it) and we dont have the right connector for diagnosis due to it being an old model!
The car will not start again until it cools down. It happens every time
Or what do I need to do or buy to get it to run and have a key again?
We recently did a motor transplant, since that time, the shifting is very sloppy and now it is popping out of 5th gear and reverse is very hard to get into. I believe there is a bushing in the shift mechanism that may be the problem?
My clutch petal seems to be OK the shifter stick is loose and very hard to put in to gears sometimes
My 1993 MX-3 failed the low idle hydrocarbons test at the DMV. Can anyone help me with this problem?
(I am unemployed and cannot afford the $800 estimate that a garage gave me to replace the spark plugs and the oxygen sensors. I was told they needed to be replaced due to oil leakage.)
Thank you, very much.
I never received the Mazda MX-3 Recall 97V116000 issued in 1997. I bought my car off-lease in 1996. Will Mazda still cover this recall in 2012?
I have a Mazda MX-3 that runs good, but when i turn the engine off or when the car stalls i cant get it started again until the engine cools down. If the engine is cold it starts no problem but when ever its hot it wont start.
1) Can NOT Shift Into 3rd Gear While Driving (Makes Very Audible Grinding Sound & Will NOT Stay In Gear (Slips Out). It Will Go Into 3rd Gear If Standing Still & It Will Pull Forward In 3rd Gear From Dead Stop. I'm Not Sure If I Can Use The Shift Linkage Rods From A Used Car (See: Below FYI Info) Or Maybe It's Transmission???
2) There Is An Electrical By-Pass Placed On The Light Switch...So When I Turn The Headlights On...They ALL Come On No Matter What Position The Switch Is Set To...So I Can't Just Use My Park Lights. I've Considered Replacing The Steering Column Or The Dimmer Switch Assembly?
3) All (4) Struts Are Rusted, Broken (Found A Broken Piece Of One Spring On The Ground) & Need To Be Replaced. I've Been Researching 'Quick Struts' But I Don't Think They're Available For My Car's Year? Really Confused About What I Need To Completely Overhaul? Any Particular Brand? Where's The Best Place To Have It Repaired?
4) I'm Losing Oil Somewhere, Not Seeing It On The Ground...But It's Going Somewhere (I Believe It's The Rear Manifold Or Head Gasket Maybe???) I Use Havoline 20/50 & Add Lucas Oil Stop Leak Once A Month.
5) Considering Replacing The Radiator (Mainly Because It's Slightly Bent & The Color Of The Fluid Appears So Dark) Or Maybe It Just Needs A Major Flush (Which I've Done But It Still Appears Rusty Colored To Me)? I'm Presently Using Preston Anti-Freeze. I'm In Fluctuating Weather Being From Midwest But Go In & Out Of Warm Climates As A Truck Driver.
6) Would Like To Replace The Front Bumper, Repair Passenger Side Fender & Replace Tire Well Covers & Have Other Body Work Done In Time?
**FYI: There's A 1994 Mazda MX-3 Manual Transmission @ Pull-A-Part Right Now...For Parts???
Anywho! That's Just Some Of The Fun Stuff I'm Working On?!
Struts Are The Immediate Issue To Me?!
Thanks For Your Help!
How much will it cost with labor to replace broken coil springs in front of car and also replace brake fluid hoses that are leaking.
Also, are coil springs and shock absorbers 2 different things?,If they are, how much additional will it cost to replace the front end shock absorbers and would you recommend that all 4 be replaced?
While driving my car shut off. Everything shuts down . But will restart . Has been doing this more often. Could my security system cause this. I also have a drain on my battery while it sits for a short time. Are they connected. Machanic's can not find the problem .
I drive a 94mazda mx-3. Every time i accelerate and when i brake, i hear a clunk noise in the front end. Also when driving over rough road it sometimes will make clunk noise too. Dont know if it is stabilizer (sway) bar bushings, or a cv joint
I'M HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING THIS PART FOR MY CAR... SO MY VEHICLE HAS TO BELTS... SO THAT MEANS THERE ARE TWO TENSIONERS WITH TWO PULLEYS... ONE PULLEY TENSIONER U CAN ACCESS WHEN U OPEN UR HOOD.... BUT THE OTHER U HAVE TO REMOVE THE TIRE TO GET TO IT N U CAN ALSO SEE THE BELTS<-----THAT TENSIONER LET'S THE PULLEY SLIDE UP N DOWN. WELL THAT BROKE ALONG WITH WHATEVER WAS HOLDING IT UP(TO ME IT LOOKS LIKE A BRACKET THAT HOLDS THE TENSIONER N THE PULLEY N THIS OTHER BIG PULLEY) BUT WHEN I WENT TO TAKE IT OFF I NOTICED THAT THIS PULLEY IS CONNECTED TO A BIG BRACKET THAT LOOKS LIKE AN UPSIDEDOWN J LOOPED AROUND A BIG PULLEY WITH MULTIPLE SCREWS.... PLZ HELP CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT THE PART IS CALLED..... THANX!!
I'M HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING THIS PART FOR MY CAR. SO MY VEHICLE HAS TO BELTS. SO THAT MEANS THERE ARE TWO TENSIONERS WITH TWO PULLEYS. ONE PULLEY TENSIONER U CAN ACCESS WHEN U OPEN UR HOOD. BUT THE OTHER U HAVE TO REMOVE THE TIRE TO GET TO IT N U CAN ALSO SEE THE BELTS. THAT TENSIONER LET'S THE PULLEY SLIDE UP N DOWN. WELL THAT BROKE ALONG WITH WHATEVER WAS HOLDING IT UP(TO ME IT LOOKS LIKE A BRACKET THAT HOLDS THE TENSIONER N THE PULLEY N THIS OTHER BIG PULLEY) BUT WHEN I WENT TO TAKE IT OFF I NOTICED THAT THIS PULLEY IS CONNECTED TO A BIG BRACKET THAT LOOKS LIKE AN UPSIDEDOWN J LOOPED AROUND A BIG PULLEY WITH MULTIPLE SCREWS. PLZ HELP CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT THE PART IS CALLED.THANX!!