Heater problems on 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser

The heater get baely warn in the windshield and is cold around the toe area. The Chrysler dealership charged me $90 to tell that I MIGHT need to drain and get new antifreeze in the car and have the thermostat replaced for a total of $430.00. That MIGHT fix the problem. For that price I probable wont let them fix it but I feel like they charged me to much to tell me that .

by in Hephzibah, GA on February 26, 2013
2 answers
ANSWER by on February 27, 2013
check to see if both heater hoses are hot
ANSWER by on February 27, 2013
could be low coolant level or stuck open themostat or other issues.as stated ck heater hoses to see if there both hot
PT CRUISER HEATER CORE is there a fast way of doing this any shot cuts out there thanks
what are the odds that flushing the heater core will eliminate me having to buy a new heater core? and when a heater core goes doesn't it usually leak or just break in the fins or welds?
While driving, my heater began blowing cold air. After stopping and restarting the car, warm air began to blow again, but it didn't seem to get too hot. The temp gauge was at its normal operating...
how difficult and time consuming is it to replace the heater core on this car? is there a home kit to discharge the AC or does this have to be done in a shop?
2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser, 4cyl , Automatic 90000 miles... Blower works good when car is cold, engine warms up and blower sounds like it's running normal, but virtually no air comes out from the ve...