Carbon buildup on the top of the pistons is common. As the buildup increases with over time, symptoms vary from light ticking, to hammering, to knocking noises. Performing a fuel injector cleaning procedure can often help the condition by removing some of the piston top deposits.
Engine Knocking Noise From Carbon Buildup on Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
5 people reported this problem
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
1 answerJanuary 26, 2011
4 answersMarch 15, 2011
Verified for the Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX6 reports
What would cause my Mitsubishi eclipse spider to lose fire and power to fule pump. I hit a bump with water in it and my car just died. It hasn't started since.
1 answerMarch 17, 2016
0 answersMarch 05, 2015
Most Recent Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Problems
- Brake Pedal Pulsation
- The front lower ball jount may fail
- The door glass may be hard to roll up
- Squeal or squeak noise from rear brakes
- Manual Transmission Shifting Difficulty
- Charging system may stop working due to fuseable link
- Engine Knocking Noises From Carbon Buildup
- Transfer Case Fluid Leak
- Airbags may not deploy as expected
- Exterior Door Handle May Break
- Wheels may easily be bent or damaged
- The power transfer unit and/or viscous coupling may fail due to tire issues